a question from a german noob

Search This thread

Ollek87

Mar 7, 2008
hello anybody, sorry for my english, i have only english in school and that is not very good!!! so i hope somebody here can translate my question in english because to write that is too difficult for me!

meine frage:

wäre es möglich den bereich der tasten (auflegen, annehmen, zurück und home) zu verkleinern? also z.B. das die taste nur funktioniert wenn man sie nur in der ecke drückt (da es ja ein sensor feld ist)? und der rest fürs dpad drauf geht?

415l-i.jpg

aznmobile

Dec 20, 2008
Okay, let me take a shot at it:

Would it be possible for the area of the keys (home, back, send, and end) to shrink? So e.g. the key only works if it's pressed at the corner (like in the picture)? And the rest of it would be for the d-pad?

*(translated by google and edited to make a little clearer)

No, I don't think so. I would like that too, but as those are physical buttons with mechanisms underneath, I would doubt that's possible.

Maybe it would be possible if you use the capacitive touchpad, and map it accordingly. But then it would be a hassle since just touching it would "activate" the key. So if I take the phone out of the pocket and I brush on the End key, the call would be rejected.

Or maybe someone else has another idea...

aznmobile

Dec 20, 2008
Actually, what if it uses a combination of the capacitive touchpad and the physical buttons? So a press of a button would indicate an action while the capacitive pad would determine what action should be taken.

Sounds kind of confusing now that I wrote it.

BHole

Oct 25, 2008
Toruń
Hello!

Actualy

it uses a combination of the capacitive touchpad and the physical buttons

I saw pictures of disasamble proces of touch pro and there are 5 physical butons (4 white circles (see picture) + center of d-pad) and we have 9 actions (4 directions + center button, home, back, send, end) from the lower part of the phone.

BHole

Attachments

• buttons.JPG
    buttons.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 9

Ollek87

Mar 7, 2008
yes, that have i see, too! thus it would have to be nevertheless possible to change with a software the range of the dpad!

aznmobile

Dec 20, 2008
You're right!

How could I have been so stupid thinking that there were physical buttons for the d-pad AND the four corner keys! :eek: :D

I need to pay more attention to how my phone works.

So maybe, just maybe it's possible to change the the region size of the buttons. But I wouldn't know since I'm not a programmer.