[APP][6.0+]Ringtone Slicer v1.50

Search This thread

sergeyotro

Apr 11, 2011
Ringtone Slicer is ringtone maker and audio editor. It allows you to edit your favorite music to make the best & free mp3 ringtones! If you like Ringdroid — you'll like this mp3 ringtone maker much more.

You can make ringtone, alarm or even notification audio and save it to your SD Card with this ringtone maker app. Just select piece of your favourite song in audio editor and app will slice it!

Feature list:
  • Inbuilt file explorer. Pick file right from folder on your SD Card!
  • Theming, which allows you to choose the best apperance for editing audio.
  • Buttery smooth scrolling on 4.0+ devices.
  • Zooming for accurate ringtone editing. Just use pinch-to-zoom!
  • Playback from any position in audio file. Tap at the point you want to start playback.
  • Audio files which you will save shows up in the standart Android audio list for picking ringtones.
  • Intuitive interface with orientation support and gestures like pinch-to-zoom and flinging. Anybody can make free ringtones with this app!

App will remain FREE to use for all lifecycle.

Grab Ringtone Slicer at Google Play

Attachments

• device-2012-12-22-014335.jpg
    device-2012-12-22-014335.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 491
  • device-2012-12-22-014833.jpg
    device-2012-12-22-014833.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 448
  • device-2012-12-22-014855.jpg
    device-2012-12-22-014855.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 429
  • device-2013-03-02-141517.jpg
    device-2013-03-02-141517.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 414
  • device-2013-03-02-141546.jpg
    device-2013-03-02-141546.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 397
  • device-2012-12-22-010908.jpg
    device-2012-12-22-010908.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 399
  • device-2012-12-22-014500.jpg
    device-2012-12-22-014500.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 384
  • device-2012-12-22-014722.jpg
    device-2012-12-22-014722.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 426
Last edited:

JudgeDredd67

Dec 24, 2006
Here, always here
Also if you have some suggestions or ideas about improvements or usability — I will be happy if you'll post them here. Users feedback is really important for me.

Usability bould not be better, the app looks very nice and clean. The only suggestion that I would have is to support *.m4a files, not sure if it just supports mp3 or more but I did notice it doesn't recignize the few m4a files I have. Stand by my original statement "Absolutley outstanding"

Thank you.

I would really like to leave some positive feedback and ratings on Google Play but I really hate Google+.

sergeyotro

Apr 11, 2011
Usability bould not be better, the app looks very nice and clean. The only suggestion that I would have is to support *.m4a files, not sure if it just supports mp3 or more but I did notice it doesn't recignize the few m4a files I have. Stand by my original statement "Absolutley outstanding"
At this moment app supports acc in mp4 container, mp3, wav and amr. More formats like m4a and ogg will come soon.
Thank you for your feedback, it's really nice to know that somebody is satisfied.

Reactions: RebDovid

fluke73

Dec 7, 2007
Malmö
Really nice app

I would like to be able to move the endpoint while playing the loop so i could hear the change without pressing stop and play. Also i would like to be able to play from where i am tapping, like in the end of my marking to see that the looping fits well. As a visual representation, i would like to have the waveform as a line as an option, and more zoom .

I see the FX are coming later, what i would like there is fade out, fade in, and amplify (-/+)

I'll get back with more input on the great program as i find out more about it.

Reactions: sergeyotro

Jake555

Jan 7, 2011
first:
The app does look quite well.

second:
I have a problem with the quality of the read in mp3s.
When i load a mp3 created from youtube video, i have many distorted areas in the read in file.
But when i play the file in a different player at my android device i have no destorted clicking parts inside the music.

third:
Another issue would be to load flv file format.

conclussion:
a quite well app but with some small bugs.

luba6ky

Aug 4, 2011
Sofia
The app is very nice, and also work pretty good for me!
Nice job, and will wait for the next version with effects. :good:

steven8590

Jan 16, 2011
Zebbug
Suggestions

First of all well done for the application. I wonder whether it is possible to have an effect to increase the volume of the actual track/song i.e. make it louder, because the volume in CM 10.1 is much lower than Samsung based roms. Apart from that I really liked the application and the file manager. Nice icons.

Keep up the good work

ewoks

Nov 11, 2010
Winterthur
feature and question

any advice on adding additional sounds of any format available together with default system sounds (ringing, notification, alarm sounds)?

before I made folder in storage "sdcard/audio/" and put files in different subfolders like alert, alarms, notifications, ui, ringtones but lately (on cm10.1) that doesn't work anymore..

Maybe nice option in app would be to make sound we just edited available in one of those lists from directly ringtone slicer (by coping to appropriate directory with root permissions)

Anyway.. Really good for start.. Keep rolling :) Cheers

Cynagen

Feb 20, 2006
San Jose
www.cynagen.com
FINALLY! It's about time somebody put together an easy-to-use and intuitive editing interface for doing something so simple as cutting your own notifications and ringtones. I've been waiting for a piece of software like this and I thank you very much. I feel very much at home with this app!

sergeyotro

Apr 11, 2011
First of all — thank you for your feedback, I really appreciate it.

Based on your requests and feedbacks I've compiled sort of TODO list. Here is it:
  • Moving starting/end points while playing loop
  • Starting play on tap. It is already implemented in app, but has some bug and don't work well
  • More zoom levels
  • More audio formats
  • Holo dark theme
  • And, of course, Fade In/Out, Normalization, Compression effects.

Reactions: jpt19

defiftyae

Mar 10, 2011
Los Angeles
The app is excellent I like the simple interface. I like the way they show up with the stock ringtones. the question I have is how do you delete ringtones you don't want? And will they be removed from the default ringtone selection. Thanks again excellent app.

jpt19

Dec 16, 2012
Detroit, MI
I am very thankful for a Ringtone maker that does not require tons of unnecessary permissions.
I refuse to download any of the ones in the Google Play store due to that.

Thanks!!

Mapiarz

Dec 25, 2012
Does you app allow the user to manually input crop start and end times (with precision up to miliseconds)? That's a must have.

sergeyotro

Apr 11, 2011
The question I have is how do you delete ringtones you don't want?
If you want to delete unusefull ringtones — they will be at /sdcard/Ringtones/Ringtone Slicer/ folder. Remove files and after reboot (or media scanner run) they will be removed from settings list.

I am very thankful for a Ringtone maker that does not require tons of unnecessary permissions.
I refuse to download any of the ones in the Google Play store due to that. Thanks!!
Thanks for your feedback. :)

Does you app allow the user to manually input crop start and end times (with precision up to miliseconds)? That's a must have.
No, it doesn't have that feature for now. There will be more zoom levels in future versions, so I don't think that manual input is necessary.

Mapiarz

Dec 25, 2012
No, it doesn't have that feature for now. There will be more zoom levels in future versions, so I don't think that manual input is necessary.

It's very hard for someone with large fingers to accurately select by sliding. It'd be much easier to implement those scrolling toruses (dunno how that control is called) for minutes, seconds and miliseconds for both start and end. Imho it's a must, but do what you want.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ringtone Slicer is ringtone maker and audio editor. It allows you to edit your favorite music to make the best & free mp3 ringtones! If you like Ringdroid — you'll like this mp3 ringtone maker much more.

You can make ringtone, alarm or even notification audio and save it to your SD Card with this ringtone maker app. Just select piece of your favourite song in audio editor and app will slice it!

Feature list:
    • Inbuilt file explorer. Pick file right from folder on your SD Card!
    • Theming, which allows you to choose the best apperance for editing audio.
    • Buttery smooth scrolling on 4.0+ devices.
    • Zooming for accurate ringtone editing. Just use pinch-to-zoom!
    • Playback from any position in audio file. Tap at the point you want to start playback.
    • Audio files which you will save shows up in the standart Android audio list for picking ringtones.
    • Intuitive interface with orientation support and gestures like pinch-to-zoom and flinging. Anybody can make free ringtones with this app!

App will remain FREE to use for all lifecycle.

Grab Ringtone Slicer at Google Play
    Here is update to 1.04

Change list:
    • Save path now is showing in "Save as" dialog.
    • Fixed bug with ringtone disappearing after reboot.
    • Fixed some crashes.
    • Added support for 2.1 Android Eclair.
    • Added ukrainian translation.
    Also if you have some suggestions or ideas about improvements or usability — I will be happy if you'll post them here. Users feedback is really important for me.
    Well, it's been a long time :)
    Just wanted to post an update about the app.

I've uploaded an updated version 1.50.
    The app is now free, has no ads, supports high quality files saving and works properly with SD cards.

An update is available on Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sergeyotro.ringtoneslicer
    Absolutely outstanding very best on the market.