4.2.2 rolling out soon (good news for cm10.1 bluetooth)

Search This thread

parzec

Sep 7, 2012
I hope it also fixes the S-beam incompatibility problem with S3's running ICS. Every since my wife's S3 upgraded to JB, S-beam has been unable to pair with my S3 running ICS.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

TXI Kaze

Dec 2, 2009
I hope it also fixes the S-beam incompatibility problem with S3's running ICS. Every since my wife's S3 upgraded to JB, S-beam has been unable to pair with my S3 running ICS.

We don't have 4.2.1 stock lol. We wont be getting a jump from 4.1.1 to 4.2.2

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

Wonder if 4.2.2 will also address the flickering/ui stuttering issue.

Check hardware overlays in developer options.

Reactions: andybones

parzec

Sep 7, 2012
I was waiting for them to address the screen stutter and battery drain issues that my wife's S3 has been experiencing. Plus, I'm rooted with google wallet working and other customizations that I don't feel like redoing for JB until those bugs are fixed. Sort of the "if it's not broken, don't fix it" mentality.

---------- Post added at 05:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

I didn't even notice the extra 2 until you pointed it out...LOL! We really are behind the times here at Verizon. (should be big red's new tagline)

suchavibrantthang

Dec 27, 2010
I was waiting for them to address the screen stutter and battery drain issues that my wife's S3 has been experiencing. Plus, I'm rooted with google wallet working and other customizations that I don't feel like redoing for JB until those bugs are fixed. Sort of the "if it's not broken, don't fix it" mentality.

think you can ODIN JB w/o wiping and no major changes to customization. jb is much faster and smoother, it might even fix your problem.

go here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1974114

skaforey

Nov 5, 2009
San Diego, CA

Who knows when 4.2.x will get pushed to VZW phones, BUT I would be shocked if it wasn't 4.2.2 or some higher iteration. It doesn't make sense to go to 4.2.1 at this point. Back in the GB days, it wasn't uncommon to go from froyo to 2.3.5 or 2.3.7

anacree

Feb 5, 2013
It is Verizon's slow update policy that made me root in the first place. Next phone I get, I'll consider a google phone and a pre-paid plan somewhere...

sRDennyCrane

Looks like 4.2.2 is ready to roll out. Hopefully the CM team, AOKP and other developers can implement the fixes for the new jelly bean builds to fix A2DP issues.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105....2.2-a-better-jelly-bean-rolls-into-the-wild/

Article by CNET's Eric Mack. Let me introduce you to this gentleman. About a year ago, he posted articles about the upcoming ICS update to the Droid Razr. Twice. Both wrong. One cited a screenshot allegedly from a Best Buy employee, the other a "secret source inside Verizon". His last wolf-cry was about a month and a half wrong.

Bottom line, take anything he says with a huge grain of salt. He's usually wrong.

snowmanwithahat

Oct 9, 2010
Michigan
It is Verizon's slow update policy that made me root in the first place. Next phone I get, I'll consider a google phone and a pre-paid plan somewhere...

That's what I said too... then I experienced T-Mobile and AT&T in my area with a Nexus 4 and lasted one month on each before I went back to Verizon on a work phone.

Loved the Nexus 4 compared to this thing... It's a shame that Verizon is just too damn good.

Top Liked Posts