is there a way to completely return to stock?

Search This thread

GabrielOspina

May 22, 2012
Orlando Florida
ok so i have a rooted n10 along with flashing a kernel on it.....the boot loader is unlocked......i have stock recovery...but i still cant update to 4.2.2 successfully....so what i want to do at this point is just go completely stock so can update successfuly....what do i do??? im ustu just flashing via odin for my galaxy s3

Last edited:

brees75

Jul 6, 2012
Dallas
ok so i have a rooted n10 along with flashing a kernel on it.....the boot loader is unlocked......i have stock recovery...but i still cant update to 4.2.2 successfully....so what i want to do at this point is just go completely stock so can update successfuly....what do i do??? im ustu just flashing via odin for my galaxy s3

You can use a rootkit Like WUGFRESH or NEXUS 10 Rootkit in the Nexus 10 forums here to return to stock or do it manually with ADB, there are also guides for that here at XDA. If you have only flashed a kernel you can also go to the stock recovery and just revert to factory, same thing you did when you unlocked the bootloader.

GabrielOspina

May 22, 2012
Orlando Florida
You can use a rootkit Like WUGFRESH or NEXUS 10 Rootkit in the Nexus 10 forums here to return to stock or do it manually with ADB, there are also guides for that here at XDA. If you have only flashed a kernel you can also go to the stock recovery and just revert to factory, same thing you did when you unlocked the bootloader.

yea so now its in no command for recovery and for boot also....im using wugfresh...at this point i dont know what to do.....its incredible how easy it is for galaxy s3 but for the nexus 10 its much different...

espionage724

Feb 8, 2010
wiki.realmofespionage.xyz
OnePlus 6
https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images#mantaray

Is the best way to return to complete stock. You'll need to download Android SDK and add the platform-tools directory to PATH though (not too difficult, there's a few guides around), and then just run the flash-all.bat while your N10 is in bootloader.

Do not use toolkits unless you want to break your N10 without knowing what's wrong with it.

GabrielOspina

May 22, 2012
Orlando Florida

Is the best way to return to complete stock. You'll need to download Android SDK and add the platform-tools directory to PATH though (not too difficult, there's a few guides around), and then just run the flash-all.bat while your N10 is in bootloader.

Do not use toolkits unless you want to break your N10 without knowing what's wrong with it.

can you link me to some guides or tell me step by step....sorry to be a nuisance man

Reactions: michintom

espionage724

Feb 8, 2010
wiki.realmofespionage.xyz
OnePlus 6
First you'd want to download: http://dl.google.com/android/installer_r21.1-windows.exe and install it
- You'll need Java SDK installed, preferably Java 7 Update 13

You'll then want to run the SDK Manager (a start menu shortcut should exist for it)

You want to make sure that these things are checked:

26HKT

Specifically, the Tools folder (both Tools and Platform-tools), and the Google USB Driver
- One of the packages may already be installed

Install packages, and wait till it's done, then close out of it.

You'll then want to add the platform-tools folder to PATH. Something like:

26HP3

Control Panel > System > Advanced system settings > Environment Variables... > System variables > Path > Edit
- Go to the very end of the text already there, add a ; and then paste the location of the Android SDK platform-tools folder
- My folder location is C:\Program Files\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64\sdk\platform-tools
- Your will either be in appdata somewhere, or Program Files (x86)

Press ok 3 times

Now put the N10 into Bootloader mode, and then plug it in
And then run the flash-all.bat file included in the mantaray factory image (you'll have to extract it)

These instructions are kinda quick, sorry if something doesn't work, but if you get stuck, just ask here :)

GabrielOspina

May 22, 2012
Orlando Florida
First you'd want to download: http://dl.google.com/android/installer_r21.1-windows.exe and install it
- You'll need Java SDK installed, preferably Java 7 Update 13

You'll then want to run the SDK Manager (a start menu shortcut should exist for it)

You want to make sure that these things are checked:

26HKT

Specifically, the Tools folder (both Tools and Platform-tools), and the Google USB Driver
- One of the packages may already be installed

Install packages, and wait till it's done, then close out of it.

You'll then want to add the platform-tools folder to PATH. Something like:

26HP3

Control Panel > System > Advanced system settings > Environment Variables... > System variables > Path > Edit
- Go to the very end of the text already there, add a ; and then paste the location of the Android SDK platform-tools folder
- My folder location is C:\Program Files\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64\sdk\platform-tools
- Your will either be in appdata somewhere, or Program Files (x86)

Press ok 3 times

Now put the N10 into Bootloader mode, and then plug it in
And then run the flash-all.bat file included in the mantaray factory image (you'll have to extract it)

These instructions are kinda quick, sorry if something doesn't work, but if you get stuck, just ask here :)

mantaray-jdq39-factory-d79f489e thats the factory image i got from google....for some reason it doesnt come with the flash-all.bat

GabrielOspina

May 22, 2012
Orlando Florida
< waiting for device >
erasing 'boot'...
OKAY [ 0.037s]
finished. total time: 0.038s
******** Did you mean to fastboot format this partition?
erasing 'cache'...
OKAY [ 0.057s]
finished. total time: 0.058s
erasing 'recovery'...
OKAY [ 0.029s]
finished. total time: 0.030s
erasing 'system'...
OKAY [ 0.048s]
finished. total time: 0.050s
erasing 'userdata'...
OKAY [ 0.227s]
finished. total time: 0.230s
error: cannot load 'bootloader-manta-mantalj12.img': Unknown error

rebooting into bootloader...
OKAY [ 0.003s]
finished. total time: 0.004s
< waiting for device >
error: failed to load 'image-mantaray-jdq39.zip': No error
Press any key to exit...

look at this error...what am i doing wrong?

malfina

Feb 25, 2013
Wilmington
Thanks

Hold Power Button for half a second and press vol down. If it says "No command." then you may have a different issue then.

Thanks espionage. I have been working on getting my Nex10 back to stock for too long. This post worked like a charm (I created an account just to say thanks :) ). I haven't figured out how to give you a "thanks" yet but I will when I do

Last edited:

robe5pierre

Feb 11, 2014

Hi! I am trying to do whatever is necessary to get my n10 able to install directly from ota updates. I unrooted by following instructions that said it would return the device to stock, but ota's still dont work. Someone on xda linked me to this post but I am a bit confused by your post. You have a link to factory images and then you say to download android sdk and add platform tools directory to PATH and then flashall.bat while n10 is in boot loader.

Does this mean that I should first download a factory image? Which one? (i am currently running 4.4.2, so should it be this one?)

Once the factory image is downloaded, if i follow the instructions above, by doing "flashall.bat" does this find the factory image and apply it? Does it need to be in a specific folder on my mac?

when i googled instructions for adding platform tools directory to PATH for mac yosemite, I found these instructions: http://codexpi.com/add-android-adb-p...os-x-yosemite/

Are these the correct instructions?

I really appreciate any guidance you can offer. I have looked all over for clear instructions but no luck so far.

Top Liked Posts