[APP] The New Google Camera!

Search This thread

Lifehacker7

Nov 19, 2012
Bangalore, karnataka
We have seen it in the leaks before, but now here it is!
The UI has been modified!
Probably this is the android 4.3 camera.

Tested by me on Motorola atrix2 running 4.2.2 MoKee ROM and on galaxy note on stock 4.1 !
Atrix2 doesn't have gyroscope, so no photosphere .
Photosphere works on note. Reported by others to be working on ICS and 4.1 and 4.2!

Installation:
Just install it Like any other app.

NOTE :
1. If you have the 4.2 camera already, then you might have to remove that for this to be installed .
To remove the old camera, go to system/app and delete Gallery2.apk
And install this afterwards.
Keep a backup of old one if you want.

2. For photosphere to work, gyroscope should be present . If it's not built into your phone, photosphere won't work.( The option of photosphere won't be available at all ). All other features will work except that one.

To check if your phone has gyroscope, look at specs sheet of your phone in gsmarena or verify using antutu benchmark app. Go to device info in that app and then scroll down to sensors.

If photosphere doesn't work even if you have gyroscope, try clearing data for camera , or if you still haven't removed the old Google camera , try after removing it.
If nothing works, and you come up with your own solution, do post it here. It'll help others.

3. Making it system app with permissions might work too.

4. If you want to remove this , just uninstall either camera or the gallery app.

esuny2em.jpg

dyragu3e.jpg

sa4ary3u.jpg

The lil circle on the left is the Halo. Nothing related to the camera.

Download -
Mediafire

Box

Zippyshare

Or flash this zip via custom recovery . Some issues with scene modes have been fixed. Thanks to alkspo for this.
Download

Last edited:

Lifehacker7

Nov 19, 2012
Bangalore, karnataka
Last edited:

geovision

Jul 5, 2009
Patras
Works very well on Lg optimus 2x. Rom Jb 4.2.1 by tonyp. Thank you very much

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda app-developers app

proyatzu

Nov 4, 2012
It works on ics too! 4.0.4 optimus 2x

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda app-developers app

ayeitschris

Jan 23, 2011
California
cool. works on my galaxy s3 running 4.2.2. everything works, but the front facing camera lags and has less features than aosp.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

Pondy

Sep 2, 2008
Brisbane
I just installed ok on rootbox ROM on GT7105. But I am unable to change the storage location for photos...

Anyone know if this is possible? It's defaulting to internal storage, I'd like to change to sdcard.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    We have seen it in the leaks before, but now here it is!
    The UI has been modified!
    Probably this is the android 4.3 camera.

Tested by me on Motorola atrix2 running 4.2.2 MoKee ROM and on galaxy note on stock 4.1 !
    Atrix2 doesn't have gyroscope, so no photosphere .
    Photosphere works on note. Reported by others to be working on ICS and 4.1 and 4.2!

Installation:
    Just install it Like any other app.

NOTE :
    1. If you have the 4.2 camera already, then you might have to remove that for this to be installed .
    To remove the old camera, go to system/app and delete Gallery2.apk
    And install this afterwards.
    Keep a backup of old one if you want.

2. For photosphere to work, gyroscope should be present . If it's not built into your phone, photosphere won't work.( The option of photosphere won't be available at all ). All other features will work except that one.

To check if your phone has gyroscope, look at specs sheet of your phone in gsmarena or verify using antutu benchmark app. Go to device info in that app and then scroll down to sensors.

If photosphere doesn't work even if you have gyroscope, try clearing data for camera , or if you still haven't removed the old Google camera , try after removing it.
    If nothing works, and you come up with your own solution, do post it here. It'll help others.

3. Making it system app with permissions might work too.

4. If you want to remove this , just uninstall either camera or the gallery app.

esuny2em.jpg

dyragu3e.jpg

sa4ary3u.jpg

The lil circle on the left is the Halo. Nothing related to the camera.

Download -
    Mediafire

Box

Zippyshare

Or flash this zip via custom recovery . Some issues with scene modes have been fixed. Thanks to alkspo for this.
    Download
    Photosphere is not working...!! And also how to turn off shutter sound...?? Help me..!!

Sent from my HTC Desire X using xda premium

For photosphere to work, gyroscope should be present . If it's not built into your phone, photosphere won't work. All other features will work except that one .
    ^Thats for photosphere.
    To turn off shutter, there ain't any option as such, but if you capture in silent mode, shutter should be off.
    Or a fool proof method, delete cameraclick.ogg from system/media/audio/ui ( location and name might be different in different phones)
    Keep a backup if you need.
    Does it installed on unrooted device ??:confused:

Sent from my GT-S7562 using xda premium

Yeah. As said above, it should work.
    But if you have to delete the Gallery2.apk from system, you need root.
    And anyone tried installing on lower versions of android? Does it work?
    Isn't this the camera from the CarbonRoms?

Nope. Carbon has 4.2 camera. Isn't it? This was leaked some days ago and is said to be the camera to come with android 4.3.
    Or they might have included the apk in the ROM.
    Here is the leak video posted some days ago.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7T3sp8Y-ho&feature=player_embedded
    Not zippyshare but dropbox....here ya go....... :)
    Link removed....sorry

Sent from my rooted, de bloated, stock JB powered S2 via PhilZ kernel and XDA developers app