[Q] Return to JB from kitkat on Verizon Moto X (locked)

Search This thread

jayboyyyy

Oct 26, 2012
so can someone post that they have returned to 4.2.2 from 4.4 on a locked bootloader vzw device please. I know people said you can, or it worked or whatever. But i just want to make sure that you are on a locked device and didn't misread the thread title or something.

mjphillips1981

Jul 24, 2010
Youngstown, Ohio
I have personally done this on my LOCKED VZW Moto X.

Works like a charm. The RSD Lite, will flash it back to factory unrooted 4.2.2. You will have to use http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2509590 to reroot if you want.

so can someone post that they have returned to 4.2.2 from 4.4 on a locked bootloader vzw device please. I know people said you can, or it worked or whatever. But i just want to make sure that you are on a locked device and didn't misread the thread title or something.

Reactions: bqw371

tejaskary

Jul 27, 2010
This is very strange. I had read at a lot of places while updating to the camera OTA. that downgrade is not allowed..,,So now it is possible to RSD to 4.2.2 Camera OTA SBF even if we installed KitKat on a non-dev edition phone?

texaslegend

Jan 25, 2013
College Station
help please

i'm a noob and need help.

i upgraded to 4.4 from 4.2.2. my 4G signal now sucks. i figure my options are to revert to 4.2.2 or if i could just find the radio kernel (or whatever its called) from 4.2.2 flash that and fix my problems.

i just don't know how to do either. can someone help (yes, hand hold me *embarrassed*) through the process so i don't brick my device?

I have a DE moto x on verizon

thanks

mjphillips1981

Jul 24, 2010
Youngstown, Ohio
Steps that I took to downgrade from KitKat. VZW Moto X Consumer (non-dev) (LOCKED)

1) download and install RSDlite and Motorola Drivers (I used RSDlite 6.1.5)
2) Download http://sbfdownload.droid-developers...2-13.9.0Q2.X-116-MX-17-57-X-1_CFC_1FF.xml.zip
3) Unzip the file
4) Open the .xml file and delete the line that has "getvar"
5) Reboot your phone to "bootloader/fastboot" mode
6) Open RSDlite and load the unzipped edited download from above
7) Make sure your phone shows up
8) Start the flash
9) Once complete the phone should reboot and start up like normal.

I have not had any issues. I have rerooted with RockMyMoto.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts