Wifi issues on CM11 and Omnirom

Search This thread

LcK

Aug 19, 2008
Hi all!
Yesterday I have flashed the CM11 rom and the Grimlock kernel on my TF300T tablet (JB 4.2 bootloader 10.6.1.27.5).
Soon after flashing the CM11 rom I've been experiencing problems with my wifi. The connection is really slow and often doesn't work! I have the same problem on the original OmniROM too.
On the previous rom, cromi-x, the wifi connection worked fine .
I would try kitakat but I need a wifi connection that works properly.
How can i fix the wifi issue?
Thanks in advance,

LcK.

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
Hi all!
Yesterday I have flashed the CM11 rom and the Grimlock kernel on my TF300T tablet (JB 4.2 bootloader 10.6.1.27.5).
Soon after flashing the CM11 rom I've been experiencing problems with my wifi. The connection is really slow and often doesn't work! I have the same problem on the original OmniROM too.
Thanks in advance,

LcK.

Ok.. Go to settings/wifi/advanced.... Once there make sure you uncheck, network notification, scanning always available, wi-fi optimization, and in wifi region code make sure its set to your region... After making these changes do a reboot so to refresh everything.. See if that makes a difference... Thx lj

Reactions: Firepax13 and LcK

LcK

Aug 19, 2008
Unfortunately the wifi issue was shown again. I set my country region (europe) and i have unchecked network notification, scanning always available and wi-fi optimization.
I can apply another fix?
Thanks in advance,

LcK

f69m

Feb 24, 2013
Munich
Unfortunately the wifi issue was shown again. I set my country region (europe) and i have unchecked network notification, scanning always available and wi-fi optimization.
I can apply another fix?
Have you done a factory reset (wiping data) before flashing CM? If not, give that a try.
No worries, your internal sdcard contents will not be wiped.

EDIT: Use recovery, don't use the wipe option on the bootloader screen. The latter seems to be a sure way to a brick.

Sent from my TF300T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

LcK

Aug 19, 2008
Have you done a factory reset (wiping data) before flashing CM? If not, give that a try.
No worries, your internal sdcard contents will not be wiped.

EDIT: Use recovery, don't use the wipe option on the bootloader screen. The latter seems to be a sure way to a brick.

Sent from my TF300T using Tapatalk

Of course, i have made a factory reset before flashing the rom. Also i have wiped dalvik and cache but nothing has changed.

redgrass83

May 17, 2012
Timmins,Ontario
Ok.. Go to settings/wifi/advanced.... Once there make sure you uncheck, network notification, scanning always available, wi-fi optimization, and in wifi region code make sure its set to your region... After making these changes do a reboot so to refresh everything.. See if that makes a difference... Thx lj

Now this little tidbit is soooo important, it should almost be like part of the filename. Or better yet , the toggles set to the PROPER toggle settings for correct WiFi performance .... I suspect these settings, once applied, will correct a multitude of installs all over. Tks man.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all!
    Thanks in advance,

LcK.