Suspecting Gear Manager causing my Note 3 to randonly reboot

Search This thread

bklm1234

Jul 13, 2010
I got a Gear 2 Neo and connected it to my AT&T Note 3 (unrooted, running stock Android 4.4.2). After one week, I experienced random reboots on the Note 3. I backed up all my apps including Gear Manager and all related plugins and apps with Helium Backup, wiped and reset my Note 3, restored from Helium Backup (Gear Manager etc got restored and connected the Neo to the Note 3 as before). I still got the random reboots within 12 hours.

I wiped and reset my Note 3 again, restored all the backed up apps except Gear Manager etc. So far it's been 35+ hours. No random reboots. I'll wait and see for longer to make sure there's really no more reboots. Then I'll try connecting the Neo again

markbc01

Dec 5, 2011
Pacific Grove, CA
I got a Gear 2 Neo and connected it to my AT&T Note 3 (unrooted, running stock Android 4.4.2). After one week, I experienced random reboots on the Note 3// restored all the backed up apps except Gear Manager etc. So far it's been 35+ hours. No random reboots. //

Sorry, I have an S4 and have had zero re-boot issues with Gear Manager. So the program itself doesn't seem to be universally causing this problem. Only four things I could think of would be:

- Maybe try an different earlier/later version of GM?
- Also make sure you have the latest rom on the watch (ND8).
- If all that is ok, maybe try testing the sync function --load GM, but only enable sync for nothing or one app. Then, after a day or so, start adding back one or two a day, and see if you can catch the offending app/function.
- Perhaps getting a capture log of the phone when it crashes and posting it here might help the more tech-savvy members identify any issues -just an idea!

dakunclear

Jul 26, 2011
Calgary
Shouldn't be an issue, since I haven't had random reboots with my Canadian note 3

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using xda app-developers app

bklm1234

Jul 13, 2010
70+ hours passed, no reboots. I installed Gear Manager back on my Note 3, wiped the Neo also, connected the 2 again. I kept everything to just default. It's been over 1 day. No reboots. I actually uninstalled Gear Manager when I had the reboots. That didn't clear away whatever was causing the problem. The factory reset on the Note 3 took care of the issue, so far, fingers crossed

robber

Nov 12, 2006
I am getting reboots on my note 3 as well. A couple a week. Interested to hear if it comes back.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app