Sprint Spark Bootlogo/Bootanimation

Search This thread

yoitsjustin

Aug 23, 2013
Hi all! Here I have posted the Sprint Spark bootanimation used on the new ZVA update :). You can download it here. AOSP ROMs: You can use it on your LG G2 or other devices running an AOSP ROM by downloading Root Browser (or some equivalent) and going into system then media and then placing the bootanimation_sprint.zip in there. Then rename the bootanimation.zip file already in there to something like bootanimation_old.zip and rename the new bootanimation_sprint.zip to bootanimation.zip. Then reboot, and if done correctly you should see the sprint spark boot logo :D Good luck! Comment if you need any help or if I confused you in any way :)
Also, on CM 10.2 when you update it would change back the boot animation to the stock one. Not sure if it still does this, but let me know if it does :).
Youdug's directions for ZVA/ZV8/ZV7: Name bootanimation_sprint.zip, push to system/media, rw-r-r permissions

Last edited:

yoitsjustin

Aug 23, 2013
I like switching those sometimes

---------------
Yup :p

Yeah. The Google Edition S4 bootlogo I used to use on my S4 before getting the G2. This bootlogo just looks really nice and all of the old Sprint bootlogos really sucked haha. If you're interested I can add some other bootlogos I have saved from some ROMs, they look pretty cool.

etd

Oct 3, 2012
Orlando
You can also install it using romtoolbox by going to boot animations and selecting it from "local" this way it changes the permissions for you, took me like 2 seconds to install this way, worked perfectly!

I actually used rom toolbox pro... not sure if that makes a difference.

Last edited:
Reactions: Trident

Trident

Sep 1, 2005
Disney World
I'm not using an AOSP based ROM, but I'd really like to have a more stock boot animation. Can anyone provide the directions for using this with a stock based ROM?

dased14

Dec 27, 2010
cincy,ohio
It still should be in system/media and the directions will be the same(just rename to whatever the rom has the bootani named

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Trident

Trident

Sep 1, 2005
Disney World
You can also install it using romtoolbox by going to boot animations and selecting it from "local" this way it changes the permissions for you, took me like 2 seconds to install this way, worked perfectly!

I actually used rom toolbox pro... not sure if that makes a difference.

By those permissions I assume you mean change to readwrite, read, read?

Name bootanimation_sprint.zip
Push to system/media
Rw-r-r permissions

Sent from my LG-LS980
ROM toolbox didn't work for me because it looks like it couldn't overwrite the file that was there.
The directions didn't work either until I figured out how to change the permissions using ES File Explorer. Got it working. Beautiful work people.
Now, my only question is... I've found a bunch of cool looking generic animations. They all have different sizes/resolutions. Which one does the LG G2 use?

yoitsjustin

Aug 23, 2013
ROM toolbox didn't work for me because it looks like it couldn't overwrite the file that was there.
The directions didn't work either until I figured out how to change the permissions using ES File Explorer. Got it working. Beautiful work people.
Now, my only question is... I've found a bunch of cool looking generic animations. They all have different sizes/resolutions. Which one does the LG G2 use?

Theoretically a 1080p+ boot logo should be fine, however, it varies. So the best thing to do is try the one you like and see if it looks right. At worst it'll just look out of res and you could replace it.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all! Here I have posted the Sprint Spark bootanimation used on the new ZVA update :). You can download it here. AOSP ROMs: You can use it on your LG G2 or other devices running an AOSP ROM by downloading Root Browser (or some equivalent) and going into system then media and then placing the bootanimation_sprint.zip in there. Then rename the bootanimation.zip file already in there to something like bootanimation_old.zip and rename the new bootanimation_sprint.zip to bootanimation.zip. Then reboot, and if done correctly you should see the sprint spark boot logo :D Good luck! Comment if you need any help or if I confused you in any way :)
    Also, on CM 10.2 when you update it would change back the boot animation to the stock one. Not sure if it still does this, but let me know if it does :).
    Youdug's directions for ZVA/ZV8/ZV7: Name bootanimation_sprint.zip, push to system/media, rw-r-r permissions
    These are instructions for aosp based roms.

Sent from my LG-LS980
    Are you running the ZVA update that you posted? If so, do you know the directions for how to do this on there? I can add you in the description for credit and thank you for it :p

Push to system/media
    Rw-r-r permissions

Sent from my LG-LS980
    Push to system/media
    Rw-r-r permissions

Sent from my LG-LS980

Yup :thumbup:

Sent from my LG-LS980