[GUIDE] How to change your CSC code

Search This thread

soralz

Apr 6, 2013
Taipei
HOW TO CHANGE CSC CODE ON SAMSUNG GALAXY GRAND DUOS I9082/I9082L

DISCLAIMER:
*What you done to your phone is at your OWN RISK, you choose to do this modifications to your phone and don't blame me if anything goes wrong.

Hi guys, I created this topic in order to help those who are unable to change their CSC code to back to their stock firmware region's CSC code in order to reclaim their warranty.

*I tried on I9082, it should be work on I9082L and other Samsung devices with Android 4.x + as well.

**Have you noticed even you have reset-ed your BIN counter and flash back official firmware, you are still 1-step closer to reclaim your warranty? Which is the CSC code. Even you are on official Firmware, Samsung will still know you have already flashed custom firmware before and they can refuse to help you repair or whatever to fix your phone if you have any hardware problems.

This is for those who are running on Custom ROM before such as Cyanogenmod (like me :p) or other different region's firmware, which will eventually mess up your phone's original CSC code when you are trying to restore to official/stock firmware.

If you are alreading using the correct CSC code on your phone and country, or you have successfully changed the CSC code using CSC changer. You can skip this.

CSC code a.k.a Customer Sales Code.
CSC; - Customer Sales Code;
This value can vary depending on who sold you the handset or if it is branded, if Orange sold you the handset, it will most likely have ORA as a CSC code. If Car Phone warehouse sold it to you, it would be CPW or XEU, this is in relation with your product code and changing the CSC code can change the product code held in nv_data.bin. The CSC firmware file contains a list of definitions for determining which network you are connected to.
The CSC file/value also goes in conjunction with how Kies will read the phone firmware-CSC value and judge if you require an update to your existing firmware. As before, we would use a Kies registry patcher, edit the registry ourselves to edit the firmware-CSC values and update the phone as we required. The new method requires an app on the phone called "Spoof FW", this edits values on the phone, so when kies connects, it believes its another phone and updates for the values you have entered. Spoof FW can be acquire from the Android Market - CLICK HERE (https://market.android.com/details?id=com.johnan.spooffw&hl=en)
Multi-CSC firmware files contain more than one CSC to choose from, so, you can switch from CPW to XEU/XEO/XEE.
To access the CSC selection menu, Eclair: *#272*HHMM#, on FroYo, *#272*IMEI#.

Since the *#272*-IMEI-# code doesn't work on ICS or JB anymore, this gets our job a little bit harder. :crying:

I will guide you using my method. Which it works for me. :fingers-crossed:

Steps:
1a. If you are on CM ROM or Baliboxer's ROM etc, download stock firmware from sammobile.com and directly flash stock firmware which contains the correct regional code for your device through ODIN. (Normally a stock ROM from sammobile will contains several regions CSC. Make sure you have downloaded the firmware which contains your region's CSC.)

After flash, just root the stock ROM. You knew the drill. ;)

or

1b. You are on stock ROM but is on other's region firmware and is rooted (based on Samsung official firmware). Same, just download your stock latest update firmware from sammobile.com first. Which contains your region's CSC.

2. Ok, now both are on a stock ROM but rooted, check your CSC using the CSC Changer app. You will see like this:
Screenshot_2013-06-28-16-33-42.png

*Warning, installing CSC code will wipe the data of your phone.
**Try Install the CSC for your region, If you are not able to change back to your region's CSC, continue the procedure below. Else if you have successfully changed it, (Check again by installing the app again) reset your BIN counter using Triangle Away app, reboot and put your phone in Download mode (Do not enter CWM Recovery again as it will increase the BIN counter). Flash back the same Firmware you've downloaded, and you are done. Just like as you firstly bought the phone. (Check it by entering stock recovery, you will see a text like: "Applied Multi-CSC: XME"

3. If not working, then install ES File Explorer from Playstore or link below (recommended) or other file browser with Root access ability. Open the side menu and select Root Explorer.

4. Grant SU permission for ES File Explorer then select Root Explorer, select Mount R/W, again select both Path RW permission.
Screenshot_2013-06-28-16-35-37.png
Screenshot_2013-06-28-16-35-02.png
Screenshot_2013-06-28-16-35-09.png

5. After that browse and open using ES Note Editor (recommended) mps_code.dat file located in /efs/imei/.
Change to the code you want and Save it.
Screenshot_2013-06-28-16-34-19.png

6. Again browse and open using ES Note Editor (recommended) sales_code.dat file located in /system/csc/.
Screenshot_2013-06-28-16-34-39.png

7. Alright all done, reboot your phone first. Then reset the BIN counter using Triangle Away. (Again, friendly reminder: Do not enter CWM Recovery again as it will increase the BIN counter) Reboot and put your phone in Download mode. Flash the stock ROM you've downloaded though ODIN.

8. After flash, remember you must go into stock recovery immediately the first recovery screen appears. (Which got a blue line running with the Android doll, after that your phone will reboot. Press the recovery buttons as soon the doll disappears)

9. Check if your phone had applied the correct CSC for your region. At line Applied the CSC-code: ATO or XXX etc.
103462d1343597325-anleitung-root-unroot-stock-ice-cream-sandwich-jailbreak-jelly-bean-firmware-ohne-flashen-kernels-bildern-2..png

*Pics taken from Google Image.

10. That's it, do a wipe of data/cache, and reboot your phone. You are on Fully Official Stock Samsung ROM.

Sorry for my weak english. :eek:

List of CSC code:
ATO Austria
AUT Switzerland
COS Greece
CPW UK & IRE
CYO Greece
EIR Ireland
EUR Greece
FOP SPAIN
ITV ITALY
MOO AUSTRIA
PAN Hungary
PHE SPAIN
TPH portugal
XEF France
XEH Hungary
XEO Poland
XEU UK & IRE
XEZ Czech Republic
XSK Slovakia

ALB Albania
CNX Romania
COA Romania
ERO Bosnia
GBL Bulgaria
MOT Slovenia
MSR Serbia
PMN Montenegro
SIM Slovenia
TMT Montenegro
TOP Serbia
TRA Croatia
TWO Croatia

ALO Ukraine
FTD Ukraine
MBC Mongolia
MSG Ukraine
SEK Ukraine
SER Russia
SKZ Kazakhstan
VHC Ukraine

ETR Bangladesh
INS India
INU India
NPL Nepal
SLK Sri Lanka
TML Bangladesh

GLB PHILIPPINES
MM1 SINGAPORE
SIN SINGAPORE
SMA PHILIPPINES
STH SINGAPORE
THL THAILAND
XEV VIETNAM
XME MALAYSIA
XSE INDONESIA
XSP SINGAPORE
XTC PHILIPPINES
XTE PHILIPPINES

ABS TUNISIA
AFG Afghanistan
BTC Libya
EGY Egypt
JED KSA
KSA KSA
MAT MOROCCO
MED MOROCCO
MID IRAQ
MMC Libya
MRT Mauritania
MWD MOROCCO
PAK PAKISTAN
THR IRAN
TMC Algeria
TUN TUNISIA
WAN MOROCCO
XSG UAE
XSS UAE

AFR Kenya
ECT Nigeria
FWD MOROCCO
KEN Kenya
TUR TURKEY

In case not found your CSC, click here.

Thanks to @Ailir for his solution for changing CSC code.

Please press :good: If had helped you. Thanks

Attachments

• CSC-Changer.apk
    355.3 KB · Views: 22,844
  • TriangleAway-v2.90.apk
    267.1 KB · Views: 7,984
Last edited:

bongski55

Jan 14, 2011
I am on stock XXAMF5 and *#272*IMEI still works. I don't know why it doesnt work on yours. Thanks anyway for your post .
I also used Samsung Galaxy S/S2/S3 CSC without any issues. But since I used kitchen procedure to customize rom I dont need csc changer anymore.

Sent from my GT-i9082 using xda app-developers app

ionutciofu

Jan 21, 2014
an easier way

Hello to everyone. One method, wich worked like a charm for me, on Samsung Galaxy Y Pro B5510 it was:
I downloaded two firmware from internet:
-one wich contains latest firmware, and one wich contains my country region;
-i splitted the files using Cygwin +SplitFUS2 (see tutorials from here, in this forum), for both firmwares;
-after that, I made a folder with ex. "custom firmware" where i put these files:
-PDA and MODEM from the latest firmware( already splitted), and the CSC code I put it from my country region firmware(already splitted).
-to work in Odin you have to rename the CSC from your country code with the exactly name from the latest CSC firmware code.
-how to flash with Odin, it's also somewhere here a tutorial.
Now i have the latest firmware from another country, and the CSC code from my country (my tst. works like a charm).
For any infos, please contact me in PM,
It was also difficult for me, at the beginning to understand how to flash my phone, and change file..etc., but now it's clear. For that i will say , if you need help I will try to help you. Bye!

Last edited:
Reactions: Kichirou

Fedz7

Feb 16, 2013
how to change csc code on samsung galaxy grand duos i9082/i9082l

hi guys, i created this topic in order to help those who are unable to change their csc code to back to their stock firmware region's csc code in order to reclaim their warranty.

Please don't flame me if i did anything wrong, just kindly advice me :eek:

*i tried on i9082, it should be work on i9082l as well.

**have you noticed even you have reset-ed your bin counter and flash back official firmware, you are still 1-step closer to reclaim your warranty? Which is the csc code. Even you are on official firmware, samsung will still know you have already flashed custom firmware before and they can refuse to help you repair or whatever to fix your phone if you have any hardware problems.

This is for those who are running on custom rom before such as cyanogenmod (like me :p) or other different region's firmware, which will eventually mess up your phone's original csc code when you are trying to restore to official/stock firmware.

if you are using the correct csc code on your phone and country, or you have successfully changed the csc code using csc changer. You can skip this.

csc code a.k.a customer sales code.

Since the *#272*-imei-# code doesn't work on ics or jb anymore, this gets our job a little bit harder. :crying:

Steps:
1a. If you are on cm rom or baliboxer's rom etc, download stock firmware from sammobile.com and directly flash stock firmware which contains the correct regional code for your device through odin. (normally a stock rom from sammobile will contains several regions csc. Make sure you have downloaded the firmware which contains your region's csc.)

after flash, just root the stock rom. You knew the drill. ;)

or

1b. You are on stock rom but is on other's region firmware and is rooted (based on samsung official firmware). Same, just download your stock latest update firmware from sammobile.com first. Which contains your region's csc.

2. Ok, now both are on a stock rom but rooted, check your csc using the csc changer app. You will see like this:
screenshot_2013-06-28-16-33-42.png

*warning, installing csc code will wipe the data of your phone.
**try install the csc for your region, if you are not able to change back to your region's csc, continue the procedure below. Else if you have successfully changed it, (check again by installing the app again) reset your bin counter using triangle away app, reboot and put your phone in download mode (do not enter cwm recovery again as it will increase the bin counter). Flash back the same firmware you've downloaded, and you are done. Just like as you firstly bought the phone. (check it by entering stock recovery, you will see a text like: "applied multi-csc: Xme"

3. If not working, then install es file explorer from playstore or link below (recommended) or other file browser with root access ability. Open the side menu and select root explorer.

4. Grant su permission for es file explorer then select root explorer, select mount r/w, again select both path rw permission.
screenshot_2013-06-28-16-35-37.png
screenshot_2013-06-28-16-35-02.png
screenshot_2013-06-28-16-35-09.png

5. After that browse and open using es note editor (recommended) mps_code.dat file located in /efs/imei/.
Change to the code you want and save it.
screenshot_2013-06-28-16-34-19.png

6. Again browse and open using es note editor (recommended) sales_code.dat file located in /system/csc/.
Change to the code you want and save it.
screenshot_2013-06-28-16-34-39.png

7. Alright all done, reboot your phone first. Then reset the bin counter using triangle away. (again, friendly reminder: Do not enter cwm recovery again as it will increase the bin counter) reboot and put your phone in download mode. Flash the stock rom you've downloaded though odin.

8. After flash, remember you must go into stock recovery immediately the first recovery screen appears. (which got a blue line running with the android doll, after that your phone will reboot. Press the recovery buttons as soon the doll disappears)

9. Check if your phone had applied the correct csc for your region.
recovery_mode_android.jpg

*this is not my phone, pics taken from google image.

10. That's it, do a wipe of data/cache, and reboot your phone. You are on fully official stock samsung rom.

list of csc code:
Ato austria
aut switzerland
cos greece
cpw uk & ire
cyo greece
eir ireland
eur greece
fop spain
itv italy
moo austria
pan hungary
phe spain
tph portugal
xef france
xeh hungary
xeo poland
xeu uk & ire
xez czech republic
xsk slovakia

alb albania
cnx romania
coa romania
ero bosnia
gbl bulgaria
mot slovenia
msr serbia
pmn montenegro
sim slovenia
tmt montenegro
top serbia
tra croatia
two croatia

alo ukraine
ftd ukraine
mbc mongolia
msg ukraine
sek ukraine
ser russia
skz kazakhstan
vhc ukraine

etr bangladesh
ins india
inu india
npl nepal
slk sri lanka
tml bangladesh

glb philippines
mm1 singapore
sin singapore
sma philippines
sth singapore
thl thailand
xev vietnam
xme malaysia
xse indonesia
xsp singapore
xtc philippines
xte philippines

abs tunisia
afg afghanistan
btc libya
egy egypt
jed ksa
ksa ksa
mat morocco
med morocco
mid iraq
mmc libya
mrt mauritania
mwd morocco
pak pakistan
thr iran
tmc algeria
tun tunisia
wan morocco
xsg uae
xss uae

afr kenya
ect nigeria
fwd morocco
ken kenya
tur turkey

in case not found your csc, click here.

Thanks to ailir for his solution for changing csc code.

i would like to know what the csc on my i9300 as i got running on cyanogenmod custom rom and so i did know which stock firmware came on it originally and would like to revert back to stock but i dont know which correct stock firmware to download,can you please assist me!!!!

soralz

Apr 6, 2013
Taipei
i would like to know what the csc on my i9300 as i got running on cyanogenmod custom rom and so i did know which stock firmware came on it originally and would like to revert back to stock but i dont know which correct stock firmware to download,can you please assist me!!!!

You came from which country?

SAMPUTER

Jun 6, 2012
hello man

I'm from IRAQ
mine is always AFR in CSC changer
I follweed ur procedure now when i seen *#1234#
CSC is un known!!
what's solution?
Galaxy I9082
(SAMPUTER) on facebook also\by a way I have Z3x & Tornado box.

soralz

Apr 6, 2013
Taipei
I'm from IRAQ
CSC is un known!!
what's solution?
Galaxy I9082

What CSC did you keyed in mps_code.dat file?

Screenshots are down, I try to update it later, lucky the Galaxy Grand my mum still using. :D

Reactions: SAMPUTER

SAMPUTER

Jun 6, 2012
don't worr

Screenshots are down, I try to update it later, lucky the Galaxy Grand my mum still using. :D
--------------------------------- my regard ---------------------------------------------
solved by flashing it with pre-rooted device and recovery mode
TouchWiz Revolution V5[Mirror-link]
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2698242
after that flashed by official frimware from sammobile

daphmendoza

Feb 12, 2014
batangas
How to add csc code

How to add csc in SHV-e110s?
Its from south korea.
My fone is not yet rooted.
And i have stock firmware.
Im from philippines

Thanks for your help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HOW TO CHANGE CSC CODE ON SAMSUNG GALAXY GRAND DUOS I9082/I9082L

DISCLAIMER:
    *What you done to your phone is at your OWN RISK, you choose to do this modifications to your phone and don't blame me if anything goes wrong.

Hi guys, I created this topic in order to help those who are unable to change their CSC code to back to their stock firmware region's CSC code in order to reclaim their warranty.

*I tried on I9082, it should be work on I9082L and other Samsung devices with Android 4.x + as well.

**Have you noticed even you have reset-ed your BIN counter and flash back official firmware, you are still 1-step closer to reclaim your warranty? Which is the CSC code. Even you are on official Firmware, Samsung will still know you have already flashed custom firmware before and they can refuse to help you repair or whatever to fix your phone if you have any hardware problems.

This is for those who are running on Custom ROM before such as Cyanogenmod (like me :p) or other different region's firmware, which will eventually mess up your phone's original CSC code when you are trying to restore to official/stock firmware.

If you are alreading using the correct CSC code on your phone and country, or you have successfully changed the CSC code using CSC changer. You can skip this.

CSC code a.k.a Customer Sales Code.
    CSC; - Customer Sales Code;
    This value can vary depending on who sold you the handset or if it is branded, if Orange sold you the handset, it will most likely have ORA as a CSC code. If Car Phone warehouse sold it to you, it would be CPW or XEU, this is in relation with your product code and changing the CSC code can change the product code held in nv_data.bin. The CSC firmware file contains a list of definitions for determining which network you are connected to.
    The CSC file/value also goes in conjunction with how Kies will read the phone firmware-CSC value and judge if you require an update to your existing firmware. As before, we would use a Kies registry patcher, edit the registry ourselves to edit the firmware-CSC values and update the phone as we required. The new method requires an app on the phone called "Spoof FW", this edits values on the phone, so when kies connects, it believes its another phone and updates for the values you have entered. Spoof FW can be acquire from the Android Market - CLICK HERE (https://market.android.com/details?id=com.johnan.spooffw&hl=en)
    Multi-CSC firmware files contain more than one CSC to choose from, so, you can switch from CPW to XEU/XEO/XEE.
    To access the CSC selection menu, Eclair: *#272*HHMM#, on FroYo, *#272*IMEI#.

Since the *#272*-IMEI-# code doesn't work on ICS or JB anymore, this gets our job a little bit harder. :crying:

Steps:
    1a. If you are on CM ROM or Baliboxer's ROM etc, download stock firmware from sammobile.com and directly flash stock firmware which contains the correct regional code for your device through ODIN. (Normally a stock ROM from sammobile will contains several regions CSC. Make sure you have downloaded the firmware which contains your region's CSC.)

After flash, just root the stock ROM. You knew the drill. ;)

or

1b. You are on stock ROM but is on other's region firmware and is rooted (based on Samsung official firmware). Same, just download your stock latest update firmware from sammobile.com first. Which contains your region's CSC.

2. Ok, now both are on a stock ROM but rooted, check your CSC using the CSC Changer app. You will see like this:
    Screenshot_2013-06-28-16-33-42.png

*Warning, installing CSC code will wipe the data of your phone.
    **Try Install the CSC for your region, If you are not able to change back to your region's CSC, continue the procedure below. Else if you have successfully changed it, (Check again by installing the app again) reset your BIN counter using Triangle Away app, reboot and put your phone in Download mode (Do not enter CWM Recovery again as it will increase the BIN counter). Flash back the same Firmware you've downloaded, and you are done. Just like as you firstly bought the phone. (Check it by entering stock recovery, you will see a text like: "Applied Multi-CSC: XME"

3. If not working, then install ES File Explorer from Playstore or link below (recommended) or other file browser with Root access ability. Open the side menu and select Root Explorer.

4. Grant SU permission for ES File Explorer then select Root Explorer, select Mount R/W, again select both Path RW permission.
    Screenshot_2013-06-28-16-35-37.png
    Screenshot_2013-06-28-16-35-02.png
    Screenshot_2013-06-28-16-35-09.png

5. After that browse and open using ES Note Editor (recommended) mps_code.dat file located in /efs/imei/.
    Screenshot_2013-06-28-16-34-19.png

6. Again browse and open using ES Note Editor (recommended) sales_code.dat file located in /system/csc/.
    Screenshot_2013-06-28-16-34-39.png

7. Alright all done, reboot your phone first. Then reset the BIN counter using Triangle Away. (Again, friendly reminder: Do not enter CWM Recovery again as it will increase the BIN counter) Reboot and put your phone in Download mode. Flash the stock ROM you've downloaded though ODIN.

8. After flash, remember you must go into stock recovery immediately the first recovery screen appears. (Which got a blue line running with the Android doll, after that your phone will reboot. Press the recovery buttons as soon the doll disappears)

9. Check if your phone had applied the correct CSC for your region. At line Applied the CSC-code: ATO or XXX etc.
    103462d1343597325-anleitung-root-unroot-stock-ice-cream-sandwich-jailbreak-jelly-bean-firmware-ohne-flashen-kernels-bildern-2..png

*Pics taken from Google Image.

10. That's it, do a wipe of data/cache, and reboot your phone. You are on Fully Official Stock Samsung ROM.

List of CSC code:
    ATO Austria
    AUT Switzerland
    COS Greece
    CPW UK & IRE
    CYO Greece
    EIR Ireland
    EUR Greece
    FOP SPAIN
    ITV ITALY
    MOO AUSTRIA
    PAN Hungary
    PHE SPAIN
    TPH portugal
    XEF France
    XEH Hungary
    XEO Poland
    XEU UK & IRE
    XEZ Czech Republic
    XSK Slovakia

ALB Albania
    CNX Romania
    COA Romania
    ERO Bosnia
    GBL Bulgaria
    MOT Slovenia
    MSR Serbia
    PMN Montenegro
    SIM Slovenia
    TMT Montenegro
    TOP Serbia
    TRA Croatia
    TWO Croatia

ALO Ukraine
    FTD Ukraine
    MBC Mongolia
    MSG Ukraine
    SEK Ukraine
    SER Russia
    SKZ Kazakhstan
    VHC Ukraine

ETR Bangladesh
    INS India
    INU India
    NPL Nepal
    SLK Sri Lanka
    TML Bangladesh

GLB PHILIPPINES
    MM1 SINGAPORE
    SIN SINGAPORE
    SMA PHILIPPINES
    STH SINGAPORE
    THL THAILAND
    XEV VIETNAM
    XME MALAYSIA
    XSE INDONESIA
    XSP SINGAPORE
    XTC PHILIPPINES
    XTE PHILIPPINES

ABS TUNISIA
    AFG Afghanistan
    BTC Libya
    EGY Egypt
    JED KSA
    KSA KSA
    MAT MOROCCO
    MED MOROCCO
    MID IRAQ
    MMC Libya
    MRT Mauritania
    MWD MOROCCO
    PAK PAKISTAN
    THR IRAN
    TMC Algeria
    TUN TUNISIA
    WAN MOROCCO
    XSG UAE
    XSS UAE

AFR Kenya
    ECT Nigeria
    FWD MOROCCO
    KEN Kenya
    TUR TURKEY

In case not found your CSC, click here.

Thanks to @Ailir for his solution for changing CSC code.

an easier way

Hello to everyone. One method, wich worked like a charm for me, on Samsung Galaxy Y Pro B5510 it was:
    I downloaded two firmware from internet:
    -one wich contains latest firmware, and one wich contains my country region;
    -i splitted the files using Cygwin +SplitFUS2 (see tutorials from here, in this forum), for both firmwares;
    -after that, I made a folder with ex. "custom firmware" where i put these files:
    -PDA and MODEM from the latest firmware( already splitted), and the CSC code I put it from my country region firmware(already splitted).
    -to work in Odin you have to rename the CSC from your country code with the exactly name from the latest CSC firmware code.
    -how to flash with Odin, it's also somewhere here a tutorial.
    Now i have the latest firmware from another country, and the CSC code from my country (my tst. works like a charm).
    For any infos, please contact me in PM,
    It was also difficult for me, at the beginning to understand how to flash my phone, and change file..etc., but now it's clear. For that i will say , if you need help I will try to help you. Bye!
    I'm from IRAQ
    CSC is un known!!
    what's solution?
    Galaxy I9082