Was this thread helpful?

• Total voters
Search This thread

xzxluisxzx

Jan 31, 2015
Guys, it's my first time porting. when i tried to flash the rom i ported, it aborted the installation because there was no md5, should i install the md5 using odin in download mode or put it in the zip?

JaydenH

Feb 5, 2015
I want to see the time a message was read (seen) by me on the Facebook Messenger chat. How do I do that? I already downloaded my data, but it doesn't show the conversations I had on the chat app, only those sent/received on my computer/laptop.

Soggy_Ramen

Feb 6, 2015
Hello

I have an HTC Desire Z that I recently got online in order to fix my OLD HTC Desire Z and practice rooting in order to upgrade to a more current version of Android. It turns out the phone is already rooted and on Andriod 4.2.2 which is awesome however it's not giving me any service. I'm not sure if it's just not recognizing my SIM card or what and I'm not very tech savvy so I'm unsure what to do. I don't know how to figure out what ROM the original owner used if that would be of any assistance.

The phone is from Sri Lanka so I kind of assumed it was a frequency thing since I'm in Canada but my Fiance can put his Rogers SIM card in the phone and it works fine by my Bell SIM does nothing.

revelling

Mar 20, 2015
S2 starts shutting down after flashing CM 11

Hello everyone and thanks for the great site/forum!

So I finally rooted my good old Samsung Galaxy S2 and also flashed CM 11 Nightly (Kit Kat) on it. And I did the battery calibration as well.
The problem is that after I did this the phone was ok for about a week but then started to shut down without a reason all by itself.

I've read about the issue and it seems that this is nothing new with Android phones. But I haven't had this problem at all before I flashed a new ROM to my phone.
Is there anything you think I should try? Are there any ROM's that are more stable than CM 11?

ODSTZ3RO

Jan 12, 2015
How can I get my games to run directly from my external sd I've already transfered their obb files ,but they still ask me to redownload them

QuickNET Tech

Oct 30, 2014
How can I get my games to run directly from my external sd I've already transfered their obb files ,but they still ask me to redownload them

You need to be:
Rooted
Have Xposed framework installed
Have a module called "obb on sd" installed

---------- Post added at 04:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 AM ----------

my phone is very slow, so anyone can plz tell me some things I should do

Sony Xperia E1 D2005
R.A.M- 512 MB
Proc. -1.2 Ghz Dual Core
O.S. -Kitkat 4.4.2

Remove all games, social media apps, etc.
Root and prevent apps from auto starting
Factory reset

---------- Post added at 04:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 AM ----------

I just installed the cm 12 ROM on my s4 mini but I want to root it so I flashed su zip that worked for kitkat I then flashed the su update for lollipop it now says no su binary installed.how do I fix this?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using XDA Free mobile app

Enable developer options and and inside there you have an option to enable root

ODSTZ3RO

Jan 12, 2015
You need to be:
Rooted
Have Xposed framework installed
Have a module called "obb on sd" installed

---------- Post added at 04:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 AM ----------

Remove all games, social media apps, etc.
Root and prevent apps from auto starting
Factory reset

---------- Post added at 04:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 AM ----------

Enable developer options and and inside there you have an option to enable root

Thought so thanks anyways now to wait for a root method to be discovered

Angus66

Sep 4, 2012
Icon activation zone size?

Lately I've been playing around with various launchers (mostly Nova Prime), themes and icon sets on my G3. Problem I've run into is my home screen icons seem to have a very large activation zone relative to their size.
In the attached picture, if I tap the dropbox icon either the Settings (directly above) or Google play (directly below) open. As can be seen, I've spaced the icons away from each other but that didn't help.
Going into my apps list the icons are pretty close together but they open correctly (unlike the home screen).

How can I fix this? :confused:

PR- 1995

Mar 19, 2015
Guys, i just installed lollipop on canvas a1 android one. I cant find users option under settings (multi user functionality). Can someone guide me on how can i get it. Thanks in advance

Sent from my Micromax AQ4501 using XDA Free mobile app

speedman2202

May 16, 2012
Cairo
hiii

i have samsung gt-s7582 unrooted device ..... i need to uninstall YouTube App to install the latest version of it cuz when i do update tells me "the app signed is bla bla bla....." so i need to uninstall it manually and go to play store and download it

my OS is 4.2.2 JB

any idea!!!!

thx

N

NOOK!E

hiii

i have samsung gt-s7582 unrooted device ..... i need to uninstall YouTube App to install the latest version of it cuz when i do update tells me "the app signed is bla bla bla....." so i need to uninstall it manually and go to play store and download it

my OS is 4.2.2 JB

any idea!!!!

thx

Hey there, NST-friend! :p

After looking at your situation, I'm sorry to inform you that unless you root your device, you cannot uninstall the YouTube app, as it's installed in /system/app. If you want, you can root temporarily, uninstall the app, and unroot your device, but other than that...

JaydenH

Feb 5, 2015
URGENT!

I want to see the time a message was read (seen) by me on the Facebook Messenger chat. How do I do that? I already downloaded my data, but it doesn't show the conversations I had on the chat app, only those sent/received on my computer/laptop.

xetM

Mar 21, 2015
Hi everybody! Can I downgrade my m7 5.0.2 to 4.4.3? Hboot : 1.57 S-ON
I really hate lollipop because it's booting too slow and the speaker volume decreased... Sorry for my bad English. Thanx for the answers 

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app

ODSTZ3RO

Jan 12, 2015
Is there a way to change the way the finger print scanner works on Samsung device? Instead of swiping my finger down I would like to be able to hold my finger to unlock since my case interferes when I try to swipe down.

speedman2202

May 16, 2012
Cairo
Hey there, NST-friend! :p

After looking at your situation, I'm sorry to inform you that unless you root your device, you cannot uninstall the YouTube app, as it's installed in /system/app. If you want, you can root temporarily, uninstall the app, and unroot your device, but other than that...

hey , nice to see u again :D :D

i know that but according to my problem with root my device .... check out this thread if u got any solution plz let me know , thx for try help me ... happy to see u around :D :D

http://xdaforums.com/android/help/samsung-galaxy-dous-s2-gt-s7582-t3034002

gawright919

Nov 30, 2014
I just got an Envizen V100MD quad core Android 4.4.2 8gb tablet, I've searched Google and this forum but can't find root instructions. Tried framaroot, motochopper, root genius, and towelroot, without any luck. Can anyone help me please.

Sent from my LGLS740 using XDA Free mobile app

UPDATE-Was finally able to root with Kingo Root. Thanks for the responses.

Last edited:

nukec

Oct 2, 2010
Hi there.

I am C# developer. I would like to port Cyanogenmod to Oppo R5 device, which is currently not supported.
Kernel is already out http://xdaforums.com/oppo-r5/general/kernel-source-avaliable-r5-t3051530 .

Since I didn't do Android development, I have a few questions.

- Is kernel just retail ROM dedicated for device (based on device hardware)?
- So based on retail kernel for device, how can I use(connect, port) Cyanogenmod kernel to basically have Cyanogenmod for Oppo R5?

Cyanogenmod basically upgrades retail kernel of the device, with intension of improvements for example battery, camera etc? Can someone explain how does this work first of all or can I read this somewhere?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    would it be good idea to get poco x5? i just want to try different custom roms.

i only found these roms.
    1. crdroid
    2. projectelixiros
    3. evolution-x
    will other roms be available in the future like pixelexperience , pixelos, lineageOs and others?
    Thanks.
    none of us have a crystal Ball. You may also have better luck on the thread below.
    hello, hope this is where i need to be and i thank you in advance for any help i receive because i am so confused and don't know where to start. so in dec 2021 i bought my f9212b vertical android head unit off of ebay and my boyfriend installed it for me. everything is working but its super slow and if what im reading is correct it hasn't had an update since i put it in. so that's pretty much where im at. i don't know where or how to update firmware or software or if i have to. i have my google account signed into the unit but the auto android update is enabled but im not totally sure that its current either\. its super slow. just a head start on my next question after i figure the software firmware stuff out... not a clue what the protocol name for my canbus is. its a 2016 Hyundai elantra, haven't been able to use this thing to the best of its abilities and i would like to figure it out after all this time.
    Since 2016 to our days, Android versions changed the play rules a lot, when this units were launched, considering that they usually came with an outdated version (1 or 2 back), out of the box, and they expected to, hopefully, just one Android update, so for our days they may run really slow...

While you wait for a better answer here, from a more experienced user, you would redirect to the Head Units Forum, you may find alternative answers for your issue there.
    Hi, I am trying to root an Infinix x650 I have unlocked OEM and flashing but can't find a reliable recovery file. Can you help me find it. Also I've come across terms like "flashing recovery", "flashing boot image", "flashing kernel", "flashing twrp". Can you explain the difference
    I came across this guide which details how to root and flash on your device. As I don't have your device there, make sure you read everything carefully (which you should always do, anyway) and backup everything etc. before you start.

Twrp is a custom version of a recovery so you can put those 2 in the same pile. With that, you'll be able to flash things like ROMs, as in the guide above. Other than that, you'll basically have no reason to flash the others and definitely not if you don't know what you're doing with them. You should only flash and modify what you understand in the first place so just do research and read, read, read before doing anything

would it be good idea to get poco x5? i just want to try different custom roms.

i only found these roms.
    1. crdroid
    2. projectelixiros
    3. evolution-x
    will other roms be available in the future like pixelexperience , pixelos, lineageOs and others?
    Thanks.
    If you only want to try different custom ROMs then don't get any modern phone. The android modding world has changed a hell of a lot in recent years and most devices don't have many custom ROMs available.
    Look in the device forums for the most popular phones in the last couple years and you'll see what I mean.
    For the most part, rooting and installing different modules with Magisk is what most people do now as it's much more straight forward than flashing a ROM and won't have as much bloat as you can pick and choose what customisation you would like, via different modules
    You didn´t mention the model, and what you did previously, to cause this happen.
    My guess is that he was trying to do the magisk root
    hi, are there any custom roms for the Samsung Galaxy Core Prime (G361F) in particular, thanks in advance.
    Hello guys..:)
    I would like you to go through XDA new users guide and you must read the FORUM RULES before posting here or anywhere else on xda.

The rate at which the new users are joining xda on daily basis is very high. A lot of users join because they have got some problems with their devices like bricked phone, bootloops etc. because of following incorrect processes. Some join to help out others, to share their knowledge and gain more.

So basically this thread is for all of those who want to ask questions and answer those.

So those who want to help here, just try to answer without flaming, let it be answered thousands of times earlier, show them the path, direction and let them do things on their own. Do not spoon feed, rather just try to point them to right direction.

This whole idea is of @undercover and the former OP Bruce Wayne and I thank him.

To The people asking questions here, don't forget to check for the links from 2nd post. That will help you increase your knowledge, and do answer the questions asked by others if you know the answer. Please don't simply say thanks if some member helps you, instead use the thanks button, that will help us keep this thread less cluttered.
    [Ask Any Question] [Help Thread] NOOB FRIENDLY

Here are the names of some of my friends helping you on the thread.(Updated often)
    @iamareebjamal
    @Zatta
    @dagger (the original OP of this thread)
    @Stryke_the_Orc
    @prototype-U
    @EatHeat
    @nlygamz
    @plegdroid
    @Gogeta
    @malybru
    @Jimlarck
    @ADDICT.ANK
    @Primokorn
    @luqman98
    @hnkotnis
    @thenookieforlife3
    @ИΘΘK¡€
    @Sam Nakamura
    @xunholyx

@SubwayChamp

@ktmom

@Ibuprophen

Please do let me know if I have missed some names..:)

For a list of guides,refer here.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2073370
    Thanks to @Hpsgill

Atlast

Please dont spam the thread..​
    Hi mate!
    Nice to see a much needed thread like this here.. hope new members as well as old ones find this thread useful! :thumbup:

"To err is human, to forgive is divine"
    Sent from my SGS II