Swype v3.26.92.38303.0 for Samsung Galaxy Note with ICS and Gingerbread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

HorusUK

Mar 28, 2005
Reading
Working great here on a lightly modified Rocket ROM.

I had to restore from the TitaniumBackup and do a little tidying up of available languages and the stored dictionary, but it's working sweetly. :)

Reactions: Chris X.

eitama

Sep 18, 2010
Hod Hasharon
Confirmed this is great.

Just two things to add to the faq :
1. After removing old Swype with titanium backup you must reboot or the new install well fail.
2. In order to download languages you must first use the Swype keyboard once or the "download languages" won't be there.

Hebrew works great too.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

hootnath

Sep 2, 2011
Frisco
Confirmed this is great.

1. After removing old Swype with titanium backup you must reboot or the new install well fail.
2. In order to download languages you must first use the Swype keyboard once or the "download languages" won't be there.

Hebrew works great too.

you can also just move it via titanium backup to data (make user app) and the uninstall it ... that way you don't need to reboot.

Reactions: eitama

tauhida

May 3, 2008
That's what I had been waiting for, English, Arabic and Malay. Thanks.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

alekhkhanna

Jan 16, 2010
Delhi
Totally OT (Apologies):

@Chris X: Thanks for promoting MSF in your sig. I work as a Medical Doctor with MSF India and it feels great to see awareness about it on a tech forum.

Reactions: Chris X.

bobtodd

Jun 28, 2010
Fantastic - thanks very much. Installed the .apk onto Stunner and it's working perfectly. The lack of Swype was my only grumble with the new ICS experience. Couldn't be happier with the result

ayongkot

Nov 24, 2008
Venice
O.K. sorry for dp!

1. download and unzip the package with Swype incl. all languages

2. copy the 3 files to your TitaniumBackup folder on sdcard (internal or external)

3. open TB and find Swype to restore

4. restore Swype (app+data)

Let me know if it works!

i have uninstalled my swype in rooted gb lc1 and removed it from tb folder and downloaded your swype (3 files), put it in tb folder and tried to restore swype (app + data) using tb but it cannot be installed.

nomaed

Feb 17, 2011
HTC One (m7)
LG G4
I can't seem to install the apk file either.
I unpacked the full version to TB directory, and it does show me both of the version (the one I had with the ROM and this one, which is slightly older).

But once I try installing the app, I just get a message that there is a signature conflict. If I try uninstalling the existing Swype, although TB reports that it was un-installed, it's still in the system.

amcolian

Mar 23, 2009
Birmingham
Can anyone post the swype from the current ics rom plz... this one's license expires in a few days.. or plz mod the update to work for the note.
thanks
Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mod Edit - sorry guys, but Swype as an independent app is a no-no, XDA was told to not allow these threads. Download has been remove.

Hey Guys!

Here comes the Swype for our Note with ICS.

You can install it as a normal app.
    It is not necessary to push this as a system app.

If you have installed older versions of Swype, so please uninstall it first!

Q. OMG my old version of Swype is a system app and what should I do now? Can I uninstall it anyway?
    A. Come on, root your phone, make a backup of the app with Titanium Backup and uninstall it e.g. with Titanium Backup!

Q. What languages ​​are included?
    A. In the stock app there are only two first! (English and Spanish)

Q. And whats with other languages?
    A. Just download and install your language in the options of Swype. Still its possible! (pls look @ the pics)

Q. Oh I've changed my dpi and now?
    A. I'm currently on 200dpi and Swype works and looks fine here!

Q. Ooops wait, I'm still on Gingerbread. I have now fallen into a panic?
    A. Yes :D (I have not tried it with Gingerbread, so I'll need your feedback, ThX)

edit:

O.K. Thank you so much for the fast feedback. It works also on Gingerbread!
    Confirmed this is great.

Hebrew works great too.

O.K. sorry for dp!

1. download and unzip the package with Swype incl. all languages

2. copy the 3 files to your TitaniumBackup folder on sdcard (internal or external)

3. open TB and find Swype to restore

4. restore Swype (app+data)

Let me know if it works!
    This is working on the SGH-i717, too.

Thank you...the version that came installed on the phone was irritating and the tablet version is just too small.
    Time ago, I install it, running correctly!

THX