Moto E is stuck in boot loops. Please help.

Search This thread

PhantomCode31

Jan 17, 2016
Hi,
I own a Motorola Moto E XT1022 (1st gen), which I bought from Flipkart India.
It came with KitKat 4.4.4, and I had put a soak test version of android L 5.0.2 , officially released by Motorola in May or something.
It worked fine until December 2015- then it started having issues. It would lock its screen automatically. When pressed the power button, it will show the screen that was on before locking. When touched, it will make me type the password. After typing it, it would work fine. Same thing would happen after 30 min. But that was not a big issue.
3-4 days after facing this issue, it restarted automatically. And it stuck on the Motorola M logo.
I shut it down, tried starting it again. No luck. One time, it started. I immediately performed a factory reset by going in settings. At that time, the soft keys (back, home and recent apps) didnt appear on the screen. That was strange. After factory reset, it restarted itself. Started working normally, all clean phone. (Still on 5.0.2 soak test obviously) But it didnt show the soft keys as I said before.
Then it restarted, again. And since then it is stuck in boot loops. I stormed the internet, and found how to factory reset using recovery, wipe data, even flash stock OS 4.4.4 from official Motorola website. I have done all that. I have-
1) Factory reseted using hard reset method
2) Wiped Cache partition
3) Flashed stock firmware from official website (KitKat 4.4.4)
It is still stuck in boot loops. It shows the M logo at startup, and stays like that forever. Only shuts down when all battery is drained. Now it is not charging either. It is stuck at 0%. But I think charging issue will be fixed by charging it for some hours.
Now, the phone is running stock OS, is completely cleaned, and is stuck in boot loops.
I cannot afford to buy another phone. When I asked Motorola for help using the Chat function of the Help app, they suggested me showing it to the closest service centre. I showed it to them but they were giving excuses that they will see if they can do...and didnt do anything. (PS I'm from India, and it is like this for most of the service centres here.)
So please, can anyone, please please please help me?
All the help is appreciated. Thank you!

PS. I have tried hard reset and wiping cache partition over 8 times now. It's still not working. Please suggest some other method if possible.

Last edited:

PhantomCode31

Jan 17, 2016
So you do know how to flash using ADB...

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

Then just get on with it..
Here's a link of cm 12.1.. Download a zip and flash using ADB (as you did from Command prompt for kitkat)

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=condor

Okay sir, thanks a lot! I will download it right now and flash it hopefully tomorrow and let you know what happens. Thanks!

PhantomCode31

Jan 17, 2016

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

Here's a link of cm 12.1.. Download a zip and flash using ADB (as you did from Command prompt for kitkat)

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

Sir,
There are so many files avaliable there.
Which one should I download?
Also I have never used Cyanogenmod before...so whats the meaning of Nightly?
And what file should I download?

PhantomCode31

Jan 17, 2016

Sir,
I tried downloading many versions of CM12.1 zip files from the link you provided...but all of them give the error 404 not found nginx
Please help urgent

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I guess it is because of the faulty soak test ROM.. Would you be interested in rooting? I guess flashing a different stable ROM would help.. Even a factory image..
    Alright .. First of all, can you access your phone right now? I mean, does it actually boot up?

Hit thanks if I helped!
    Same time zone ;)
    Now look this happens in my moto e too.. There was an issue with my power button, it restarted when ever i unlocked or locked my device.. I rooted, flashed a kernel which supports gesture wake and now i use the button rarely..
    Now coming to ur problem, don't charge it overnight, might harm the battery at the most.. Charge it for an hour.. And try to boot the device up.. Only then, can i help you out..
    Ok, I will charge it when I wake up tomorrow. It might not get enough charge in 1 hour, so I may have to charge it for 2-4 hours to start it. Thank you for your kind help! We will talk tomorrow. Good night!

Charge it.. One hour just might do it..
    What ever you do.. Just try to boot it up or else i might not be able to help you..
    Cheers..
    Yes.. Try starting it. Or else nothing can be done..