Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jerbear294

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 9, 2013
Google Pixel 4a
DISCLAIMER: I am NOT responsible for any damage you do to your device.{/B}{/U]

This is CyanogenMod 10.1, a highly customizable AOSP-based ROM, now ported to the HP Slate 7 Plus!

To avoid any crashes while using this ROM make a Nandroid backup and wipe cache, dalvik-cache and data.
This ROM requires ClockWorkMod to be on your device. You can get it here.

To support open development my trees are available on GitHub.

Device tree
Kernel tree

Downloads
Only one or two downloads will be here at a time to save space.

CyanogenMod is not yet ready, a few kernel tweaks are needed to get the thing to boot up

Last edited:

zarto

Jan 10, 2009
I stole the ROM zip from the server :p

When I try to flash it says :

Code:
about to run program [/tmp/backuptool.sh] with 2 args
Not backing up files from incompatible version: 10.1
run_program: child exited with status 127
format: unsupported fs_type "ext4" partition_type "EMMC"script aborted (no error message)
script aborted (no error message)E:Error in /sdcard/cm-10.1-20140223-UNOFFICIAL-birch.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

I compared the format command in updater-script from your ROM with the stock one, and I can't find any difference.
I really don't understand ...
I even tried to only let this to updater-script :
Code:
format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/APP", "0", "/system");
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/APP", "/system");
package_extract_dir("system", "/system");
but it fails too with the same error ...

I found this thread : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2407649 not sure it can help.

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

Ok the problem was update-binary file, I replaced it with stock update-binary file : ROM installed succesfully.
I suppose your update-binary doesn't support ext4 file system.

Now when rebooting I'm stuck on the first HP logo :(

jerbear294

Oct 9, 2013
Google Pixel 4a
I stole the ROM zip from the server :p

When I try to flash it says :

Code:
about to run program [/tmp/backuptool.sh] with 2 args
Not backing up files from incompatible version: 10.1
run_program: child exited with status 127
format: unsupported fs_type "ext4" partition_type "EMMC"script aborted (no error message)
script aborted (no error message)E:Error in /sdcard/cm-10.1-20140223-UNOFFICIAL-birch.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

I compared the format command in updater-script from your ROM with the stock one, and I can't find any difference.
I really don't understand ...
I even tried to only let this to updater-script :
Code:
format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/APP", "0", "/system");
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/by-name/APP", "/system");
package_extract_dir("system", "/system");
but it fails too with the same error ...

I found this thread : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2407649 not sure it can help.

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

Ok the problem was update-binary file, I replaced it with stock update-binary file : ROM installed succesfully.
I suppose your update-binary doesn't support ext4 file system.

Now when rebooting I'm stuck on the first HP logo :(
WTH
It could be a problem with SELinux, I hate that little devil sometimes.

fifounet75

May 22, 2007
Hi,

I have a question, I did install cwm on my hp slate 7 plus (4200ef), but is it normal that I cannot make a backup of the system with it?

And I don't know the manipulation to directly access the recovery mode, on the hp slate 7 plus .... I try many things like Power + volume up or down and nothing...

I would like to try cyanogenmod but I didn't backup the orginal firmware ... I would like a least backup my ToZlate firmware.... and parameters...

Thanks If you can tell me!!

zarto

Jan 10, 2009
Hi,

I have a question, I did install cwm on my hp slate 7 plus (4200ef), but is it normal that I cannot make a backup of the system with it?

And I don't know the manipulation to directly access the recovery mode, on the hp slate 7 plus .... I try many things like Power + volume up or down and nothing...

I would like to try cyanogenmod but I didn't backup the orginal firmware ... I would like a least backup my ToZlate firmware.... and parameters...

Thanks If you can tell me!!

I used backup only once from CWM, it worked on a fat32 formatted SDCard. Stock ROM can be downloaded from HP website. Hold Power and Volume+ when Slate is off, you should see 4 little lines at the top of the screen.

Envoyé de mon HP Slate 7 Plus en utilisant Tapatalk

fifounet75

May 22, 2007
Thanks for your answer !

It worked I was able to go to the recovery...

Thanks for the backup !! I didn't thought that I would need a sd card...

I search on the HP web site but I didn't found the stock firmware... maybe on the US website.. I will search but not on the french site...

Thanks again.. I think I will try cyanogenmod as soon as it will be released !!!

Thanks for your work

Last edited:

jerbear294

Oct 9, 2013
Google Pixel 4a
I'm redoing the whole kernel as I believe that's the issue.

(offtopic) @zarto your new avatar looks like Gordon Freeman almost XD
I need to make an avatar in Androidify

jerbear294

Oct 9, 2013
Google Pixel 4a
Other devices have been distracting me. Sorry guys.
I am porting PAC-ROM to my device and if it works I have an idea to get CM to boot.

Sent from my Sero 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: TommeleTBone

jerbear294

Oct 9, 2013
Google Pixel 4a
Sorry guys, the build failed. I still have something up my sleeve though :)
This error was a configuration error and shouldn't be too hard to fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

Is it a personnal server? (home on a virtual machine) or is it a paid server?
    If you need a virtual machine with ubuntu 14.10 on it, I can provide you one from my own ESXi server ...

This is a dedicated server that @zarto built for me. Normally I access it via TeamViewer.

EDIT: I just got word that the server is once again fully operational. :D

Bug??
    There is hotspot option?

The ROM is not ready yet, I'm tackling that error.

DISCLAIMER: I am NOT responsible for any damage you do to your device.{/B}{/U]

This is CyanogenMod 10.1, a highly customizable AOSP-based ROM, now ported to the HP Slate 7 Plus!

To avoid any crashes while using this ROM make a Nandroid backup and wipe cache, dalvik-cache and data.
    This ROM requires ClockWorkMod to be on your device. You can get it here.

To support open development my trees are available on GitHub.

Device tree
    Kernel tree

Downloads
    Only one or two downloads will be here at a time to save space.

CyanogenMod is not yet ready, a few kernel tweaks are needed to get the thing to boot up
    Now the thread is available on XDA

BDITA SLATE STOCK ROM
    Other devices have been distracting me. Sorry guys.
    I am porting PAC-ROM to my device and if it works I have an idea to get CM to boot.