[Q] Best battery for the Vibrant?

Search This thread

benyben123

Sep 22, 2010
Hello.
Noob :)

I want to get a better-lasting battery for my vibrant.

I know that some devices by Samsung have better batteries. The Infuse, for example, have a 1850mAh battery.

Can I get the infuse battery and use it on my Vibrant? Is that possible?
(don't want anything to explode:eek:

Also, is there a battery by Samsung (it has to be OEM!) that is even higher than 1850mAh?

Thanks so much!

kaintfm

Jun 7, 2011
Cincinnati
The best Vibrant battery is the Epic Touch 4G's 1800mah battery. It can be found at MobileCityOnline, or you can do an eBay or Google search for it. There are other, bigger batteries that require an extended battery door, but the non-Samsung batteries promising more than 1500mah are usually lying. The Epic Touch 4G's battery is made by Samsung so you know it's legitimate, and by some stroke of luck it fits in our Vibrants.

Reactions: benyben123

techbeck

Aug 22, 2009
The best Vibrant battery is the Epic Touch 4G's 1800mah battery. It can be found at MobileCityOnline, or you can do an eBay or Google search for it. There are other, bigger batteries that require an extended battery door, but the non-Samsung batteries promising more than 1500mah are usually lying. The Epic Touch 4G's battery is made by Samsung so you know it's legitimate, and by some stroke of luck it fits in our Vibrants.

Agreed. I bought one and now using CM7. Same battery life, if not a little better, than what I had on my 1500mah battery running Froyo. love it!

Reactions: benyben123

benyben123

Sep 22, 2010
Agreed. I bought one and now using CM7. Same battery life, if not a little better, than what I had on my 1500mah battery running Froyo. love it!

By this i conclude that FROYO has a better battery life?

If this is true, it's surprising. I thought that GB and the ROMs that based on it are superior in battery life to Froyo :eek:

mattb6288

Jun 28, 2009
which is better... the oem 1800 mah or the momax 2700 mah. i don't care about thickness. im just wondering since momax is kind of a generic battery brand

if one is better then the other please send me a reliable link to it.

Last edited:

MadJoe

Jul 18, 2007
Boston
Cerv3r, I didn't get the impression they where claiming the 2700mAh was no larger than the stock battery. I'm guessing its a double size, and since a normal sized battery can pack as much as 1800, a double could easily pack 2700.

Sent from my rough sketch of a Vibrant on a brick.

techbeck

Aug 22, 2009
By this i conclude that FROYO has a better battery life?

If this is true, it's surprising. I thought that GB and the ROMs that based on it are superior in battery life to Froyo :eek:

Yes, Froyo is better. Froyo has been officially release for the Vibrant where as we are using a port from the i9000 for GB. So things are not perfect. Correct me if I am wrong...and Ive been wrong before...

Steveo1288

Nov 11, 2010
Head on over to tridentcase.com and pick up the Electra series case for the Samsung Galaxy S 4g (compatible with Samsung Vibrant). Great looking case that makes your phone look awesome, protects it and comes with a 2800 mah battery. Doesn't add that much bulk either because the Vibrant is already super thin. I get a day and a half easy while using my phone under normal conditions with the battery.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

ikonomov

Feb 12, 2011
With EB625152VA the original Vibrant back cover can't close

For anybody that is reading this thread, I just tried EB625152VA Epic Touch 4G's 1800mAh battery as many people here have suggested. It fits the socket and battery contacts perfectly. However, it is slightly thicker than the original EB575152LA 1650 mAh which prevents the battery cover from closing properly no matter how hard I tried to force it in. There are back covers that can accommodate this battery and even larger, but for what it's worth, I don't think the additional 150 mAh is worth it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.