clockwork-recovery MD5 mismatch FIX!

Search This thread

arhant

Dec 22, 2011
delhi
HEY GUYS I JUST FOUND THE KEY TO THE PROBLEM---clockwork-recovery MD5 mismatch IS VERY SIMPLE...

1.OPEN SD CARD IN WINDOWS.

2.DOWNLOAD 2 SOFTWARES ( MD5 CALCULATOR AND NOTEPAD++) JUS GOOGLE THEM AND INSTALL.

3.OPEN CLOCKWORK FOLDER IN SD VIA COMPUTER->BACKUP->(YOUR BACK).

4.NOW RIGHT CLICK ON NANDROID.MD5 AND EDIT WITH NOTEPAD++

5.GREEN HIGHLIGHTED PHRASE IS A KEY.

6.RIGHT CLICK ON REST EVERY FILE IN BACKUP FOLDER INDIVIDUALLY->MD5 CALCULATOR

7.MATCH THE KEY TO THAT OF NOTEDPAD++ FILE

8.IF THEY DONT MATCH COPY KEY FROM MD5 CALCULATOR AND PASTE IN NOTEPAD

9.SAVE AND EXIT.

10.NOW TRY RECOVERY IT;LL WORK.:D:D

Attachments

• F.jpg
    F.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 1,517
  • H.jpg
    H.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 940
  • G.jpg
    G.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 1,157

Aspire

Dec 27, 2011
Vancouver
Wikipedia said:
MD5 digests have been widely used in the software world to provide some assurance that a transferred file has arrived intact. For example, file servers often provide a pre-computed MD5 (known as Md5sum) checksum for the files, so that a user can compare the checksum of the downloaded file to it. Unix-based operating systems include MD5 sum utilities in their distribution packages, whereas Windows users use third-party applications.

Successful verification of the md5 file shows that the files are the same as at the time of packing and "not corrupted".
Consider this,
You flash a ROM which did not have a correct md5 checksum.
It may mean that the ROM was corrupted due to some reason and you may end up with a bricked phone.

though the chances of this happening are pretty low with a backup.. but better safe than sorry. :)

and i changed my username cause i liked it ;)

chelsearulz5

Sep 4, 2011
HEY GUYS I JUST FOUND THE KEY TO THE PROBLEM---clockwork-recovery MD5 mismatch IS VERY SIMPLE...

2.DOWNLOAD 2 SOFTWARES ( MD5 CALCULATOR AND NOTEPAD++) JUS GOOGLE THEM AND INSTALL.

9.SAVE AND EXIT.

Or you can simply use the app root toolbox available in the market.

Sent from my Galaxy Fit @ 801Mhz- RazoDroid

Last edited:

a.cid

RC / Retired Mod / Portal Team
Nov 18, 2011
Mumbai
Successful verification of the md5 file shows that the files are the same as at the time of packing and "not corrupted".
Consider this,
It may mean that the ROM was corrupted due to some reason and you may end up with a bricked phone.

though the chances of this happening are pretty low with a backup.. but better safe than sorry. :)

what's your real name, btw?? :curious:

and buddy, why don't you join us on fb? see my sig vvvv

slobo14

Jan 18, 2012
Ostrovo
MD5 is there for a reason...

Sent from my GT-S5670 using XDA App

Well yeah, MD5 is a great thing when it comes to checking consistency of a file, but for example, it bothers me because i have about 5-6 rom backups and they are all difrent roms, so i need to change the name of folder from date-time stamp to name of the rom, but when i do that i cant restore it any more because MD5 checksum apperantly checks the folders name also so i have to rename it again to date stamp... but sometimes it can be useful... just sayin' :)

Aspire

Dec 27, 2011
Vancouver
I don't think cwm checks the backup names. I've got a couple of backups renamed to the ROM names and they work well.

slobo14

Jan 18, 2012
Ostrovo
well i dont know then, when i change their name back to the time stamp like 2012-03-15 11.12.32 then the restore will work, but when i leave a name like CM 7.2 rc5.5, when i chose restore, it prints out md5 checksum mismatched...

Mr.Oug

Dec 5, 2011
Pune
Well I am an experienced hacker so ill explain. I do not have a brief knowleage about md5 but the md5 is calculated by the alphablet that it has lets say the name is ABHY then the md5 will be 1670 (This is an expamle) the other name is ZXDR the md5 will be 7304 now if you change the name the md5 does not change hence the error arises

Sent from my GT-S5670 using xda premium

slobo14

Jan 18, 2012
Ostrovo
yeah i know that, but i thought that he makes MD5 checksum of backup files, one by one, and not the whole folder...

tmwmad

Apr 2, 2008
Carrickfergus
HTC U12+
It looks like this is the case, I havejust spent the last hour trying to "repair" the Md5 checksums as described above only to find there was no problem with them, the problem was i had renamed the backup file. on checking in details when the file was created i renamed the file accordingly and voila the backup worked. I have renamed many backup files before and never had this problem but i did this time strange.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

9.SAVE AND EXIT.

Wikipedia said:
    MD5 digests have been widely used in the software world to provide some assurance that a transferred file has arrived intact. For example, file servers often provide a pre-computed MD5 (known as Md5sum) checksum for the files, so that a user can compare the checksum of the downloaded file to it. Unix-based operating systems include MD5 sum utilities in their distribution packages, whereas Windows users use third-party applications.

Consider this,