Google Play Store

Search This thread

terraterm

May 25, 2008
Hi

how does one run Google Play Store from running whenever the F*&&@# it wants.

it only needs to run, when I want it to :mad:

This app is intrusive and a memory/process hog.

thx!!

jcabia

Feb 28, 2011
If you want to prevent any app from running when you dont want them to, just install from google play "autostarts" its free, and there you choose which apps you want to prevent fron running

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

terraterm

May 25, 2008
the autostarts, I'm looking at isn't free. that's fine.

i don't have a problem disabling auto start programs.

the problem is apps relaunching themselves, just like Google Play, which runs whenever it thinks it needs to.

background data/storage change/app update/diaper change/my girlfriends has a hang nail...etc

this app along with others are ridiculously intrusive.

i control my phone, not google or some app developer.

mistermentality

Sep 13, 2010
Pontypridd
www.google.com

the problem is apps relaunching themselves, just like Google Play, which runs whenever it thinks it needs to.

background data/storage change/app update/diaper change/my girlfriends has a hang nail...etc

Gemini app manager is free and controls autostart properties for app.

If you use it you will see apps such as the play store are set to run when wifi state changes, when you delete an app etc, you can change these settings so it won't start in such situations.

It helps quite a bit.

Dave

Sent from my LG P920 using Tapatalk

Reactions: GCom

GCom

Apr 7, 2012
Treviso

If you use it you will see apps such as the play store are set to run when wifi state changes, when you delete an app etc, you can change these settings so it won't start in such situations.

It helps quite a bit.

Dave

Thanks! it is usefull for me! ^_^

spunker88

Sep 8, 2006
Upstate NY
Tried Genimi, it can be a little hard to navigate its UI but it has a lot of options. Unfortunately Google Play will undo about half of the autorun conditions you set the next time you launch it manually.

terraterm

May 25, 2008
yes, i'm also using Gemini app manager, but as spunker88, mentions, google play will reapply it's settings, when it's launched manually.

once again software, doing what it wants...:mad:

jr67

Nov 11, 2010
Honolulu, Hawaii
I don't recommend it but I suppose if it's really bugging you you could always try freezing Play Store when you're not using it. You could use App Quarantine and create a widget to freeze/defrost it with 1 click. Not sure if it's going to even work or how this will affect your phone so don't blame me if you screw up your phone.

Last edited:

kazzxtrismus

Feb 9, 2009
This is another universal curse of Android.. And sometimes this crap calls itself a service etc to tryto skirt task managers.... This permission needs to be banned from android...

These apps are so small the newer phones don't even leave the developers the standard lame excuse of "quick loading"...

It's my bloody phone.. I'll give permission...

If your app doesn't work right or load quick on a dual core 1.5ghz chipset with 1gig of ram.. YOU DID IT WRONG..

alunral

Oct 5, 2011
Milwaukee
This is another universal curse of Android.. And sometimes this crap calls itself a service etc to tryto skirt task managers.... This permission needs to be banned from android...

These apps are so small the newer phones don't even leave the developers the standard lame excuse of "quick loading"...

If your app doesn't work right or load quick on a dual core 1.5ghz chipset with 1gig of ram.. YOU DID IT WRONG..

It's a core Google app. If you want to stop it, root your phone, get a custom ROM, and don't flash Gapps. The phone is set to use Google Play for stuff like this, and barely uses any memory at all.

Stop complaining, and calm down. There are just some things you can't turn off on a phone...you know...kinda like on a computer.

PS: You can set apps to NOT auto-update in the app store settings.

Reactions: xhepera

Ninja_Gundam

Dec 11, 2006
... I feel the same of the author of the topic..
If i want an app to run, i'll launch it.
Those answer are all blablabla.. i don't want app in background that i don't use. END.
For me it can drain even 0,001% of battery\ram but it's not the point.

Tried both gemini and autostarts.. as today..

Playstore old worked, the new one reset all settings and always on.
Maps work, but if u launch it , it will reset something, and u have to terminate the app from settings,apps..ecc.

With root must be a way to bypass those stupid apps from get permissions ecc.. :(

Chooo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

It helps quite a bit.

Dave

It's a core Google app. If you want to stop it, root your phone, get a custom ROM, and don't flash Gapps. The phone is set to use Google Play for stuff like this, and barely uses any memory at all.

Stop complaining, and calm down. There are just some things you can't turn off on a phone...you know...kinda like on a computer.

PS: You can set apps to NOT auto-update in the app store settings.