htc evo 3d, worth buying?

Search This thread

bobbycarver

Nov 17, 2010
walsalll
is the phone worth buying? i herd the 3d isnt all that great and there is no 3d in the ui. is there any 3d roms? would you recommend this phone?

despotovski01

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 1, 2011
Skopje
is the phone worth buying? i herd the 3d isnt all that great and there is no 3d in the ui. is there any 3d roms? would you recommend this phone?

Of course there isn't 3D in the UI. It's worth buying. It's a very capable phone and the cheapest for what you get. There are many ROMs for the EVO. Check out the development forum for more info about ROMs and development. :)

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using XDA

J

JohnM

are any of the roms in 3d? or can you set 3d wallpapers?

Sadly, no. 3D is not a very good feature - You have to be looking at it completely straight and strain your eyes just to see the 3D effect. It's not silky smooth like a moving hologram.

If you buy this phone solely for 3D, you'll end up being VERY disappointed. That said, everything else about this phone is great except for the fact that you can get the upcoming Evo LTE for $200 on a new contract. The Evo LTE looks like an insane beast of a phone. Insane beast.

Jan 20, 2010
Let me tell you a little story.
Actually, long story short, i hated my evo 3D, but the day i installed the official leaked ICS ROM things have changed. This phone is a complete BOMB, fast as hell, smooth as hell, no bugs, awesome 3d... man there is a day and night difference between gingerbread and ics and if you have the courage of installing a custom rom, this phone is hands down AMAZING and the best option! Heck, even the screen looks brighter on ics... i have fallen in love with my evo 3d... it's a joy to use it rather than a slow piece of **** it was with gingerbread... obviously the 3d isnt there in the ui, because if it was the battery would finish in half an hour!
Guess the story turned out to be pretty long but owell :p

bobbycarver

Nov 17, 2010
walsalll
Sadly, no. 3D is not a very good feature - You have to be looking at it completely straight and strain your eyes just to see the 3D effect. It's not silky smooth like a moving hologram.

If you buy this phone solely for 3D, you'll end up being VERY disappointed. That said, everything else about this phone is great except for the fact that you can get the upcoming Evo LTE for $200 on a new contract. The Evo LTE looks like an insane beast of a phone. Insane beast.

thanks for telling me this! think im going to buy it after reading alot of reviews about it, sadly im not on contract so id never be able to afford the LTE and im in the uk so i dont think it would be avaible here

ace9988

Dec 15, 2010
Dark Side of the Moon
im actually not disappointed by the 3D, its an amazing wow feature for alot of my friends aswell. The 3D only exists on the photos and videos, youtube etc etc and not in the UI but even so it works really well for me

3D aside the phone is basically a sensation xe underneath so you will get alot of bang for your buck even if you never use the 3D

sajibcy

Jun 22, 2009
Nottingham
U can't find find, dual core with 1gb ram in under 350euros. So i think it's really good phone with good specs in low price.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m

gmfeny

Mar 21, 2007
I hated my evo 3d. Got it the day it came out and was never impressed. I never thought i would get any phone besides a htc until i bought the 3d. I ended up selling it and getting the e4gt and dont regret it. The only thing i miss was the higher res screen. But if u enjoy sense u might like the 3d but its too bloated and slows down the phone. The speed difference between the e4gt and the evo 3d is very noticable. And htc is in the slow lane.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

m4k4ve1icro

Oct 19, 2010
Zagreb

I agree that 3d is not what should sell this phone, its 1,2Ghz dual core processor, 1Gb ram, decent qHd screen etc. Those was the reasons why I bought it.

But for me the 3d was very pleasant surprise. For me, there is no eye strainig. If u are watching quality made videos or movies of course.

m4k4ve1icro

Oct 19, 2010
Zagreb
I hated my evo 3d. Got it the day it came out and was never impressed. I never thought i would get any phone besides a htc until i bought the 3d. I ended up selling it and getting the e4gt and dont regret it. The only thing i miss was the higher res screen. But if u enjoy sense u might like the 3d but its too bloated and slows down the phone. The speed difference between the e4gt and the evo 3d is very noticable. And htc is in the slow lane.

Ok, but why not root it and delete bloatware? And install different launcher if you don't like sense?

Been on the HTC bandwagon since the 4G. The 3D isnt a huge jump as the 4G was when it came out but certainly this is the first phone I can keep longer than 2 years if I needed to. ICS brings out its potential greatly and I've even fallen back in love with the new Sense 4.0.

Also, if you like, you always run ASOP if you hate Sense. But its funny when you browse other phone's threads and see people wishing to have Sense on their Sammy devices. Makes you proud.

jem06009

Jul 18, 2011
If ur gonna buy a new phone get the new evo lte .. evo 3d is a really good phone but I remember reading that sprint will not sell anymore new 3ds anyways unless I am mistaken

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA

gmfeny

Mar 21, 2007
Ok, but why not root it and delete bloatware? And install different launcher if you don't like sense?

I did but the aosp roms werent too stable when i had the phone and roms without sense you had to unlock the phone before you could answer a call and had there own problems.

Please don't feed the.troll as he has no.reason to be here he hates this phone.

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

Lol excuse me, im far from a troll. Why would the guy just want opinions from people who like the phone. I owned the phone and I didnt like it and i told him why. Thats exactly what he was looking for the good and the bad. It has high res screen. Camera sucks on it, but it does do 3d pics and videos. Its fast but not the fastest and slowed down a lot bc of sense. Sense looks great but is a little too much for my taste. If your trying to get wii controllers connected its impossible with sense roms. Typing on it isnt as fast and responsive as it should be. Running miui on it makes you realize how fast the phone should be. But when i had the phone 3d wasnt working on aosp/miui roms so if u wanted a fast rom you lose features. I like the looks of the evo3d. I had both the black and white evo3d and more people are impressed with my white e4gt. Its bulky and heavy compared to my e4gt. Honestly the only thing i miss is the higher res screen and sometimes the 3d.

Scougar

May 22, 2010
USA
Ignore the 3D feature unless you think you will use it, as the quality is not very good when taking the 3D yourself due to it only being 2MP :-(

The rest of the spec is good, and with it (hopefully) getting ICS soon, improvements in the pretty bad Sense implementation we have now will be much improved :)

1GB RAM on the phone really helps out and was one of the main reason for me getting this over my O2X.

It's good for the money... but other phones now like the new HTC X are WAY ahead.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Let me tell you a little story.
    Actually, long story short, i hated my evo 3D, but the day i installed the official leaked ICS ROM things have changed. This phone is a complete BOMB, fast as hell, smooth as hell, no bugs, awesome 3d... man there is a day and night difference between gingerbread and ics and if you have the courage of installing a custom rom, this phone is hands down AMAZING and the best option! Heck, even the screen looks brighter on ics... i have fallen in love with my evo 3d... it's a joy to use it rather than a slow piece of **** it was with gingerbread... obviously the 3d isnt there in the ui, because if it was the battery would finish in half an hour!
    Guess the story turned out to be pretty long but owell :p