[Theme][EL30][FC09] Mysterious Beast v4.1 (6/28/12)

Search This thread

Nashdogg

Nov 22, 2011
Maine
For now anyone flashing this theme, remove the phone.apk prior to flashing and the problem is gone. None of my earlier themes had this problem. It puzzles me because the rom you flash onto will have the phone apk and in combination with the theme there is no problem. But when I include it in the theme and add themed pngs it makes the phone.apk fc. So until one of the smarter guys than myself can shed some light on this it will be best to just remove the apk before flashing.
Sorry bout that guys:eek:;):cool:

Edit.. will try to get new links up tonight to avoid the confusion :cool:
Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

Last edited:

Nashdogg

Nov 22, 2011
Maine
If I am not having the f.c. phone problems, do I need v3? Running tpr2.2 and mysbeastv2. Problem free and battery sipping sauce.

If it not a problem for you than your all set. Only thing different if you already did the phone.apk fix yourself is the transparent fc09 DialerTabActivity.apk. :)

Reactions: mrcollpepper

mrcollpepper

Dec 21, 2011
tacoma
So phone went a little goofy this weekend.
A) lockscreen went verticle
B) all phone calls say restricted now.
C) has slipped my mind. Will edit when I remember. Lol
Edit..
C) gallery keeps locking up. Can go to task manager and clear ram and all is good. Kinda strange. Gallery opens, just can't open any folders.

Tpr2.2, stock iap kernel, and this theme.

Last edited:

Nashdogg

Nov 22, 2011
Maine
:)
So phone went a little goofy this weekend.
A) lockscreen went verticle
B) all phone calls say restricted now.
C) has slipped my mind. Will edit when I remember. Lol
Edit..
C) gallery keeps locking up. Can go to task manager and clear ram and all is good. Kinda strange. Gallery opens, just can't open any folders.

Tpr2.2, stock iap kernel, and this theme.

I have seen the lockscreen thing happen once before, not sure what caused it. Locked and unlocked phone and it went away. Phone calls being restricted and galary I dont believe this theme would be causing it. Has anyone else running another rom with this theme seen these issues? If not it may be something in the rom causing it. Though I know its hard to imagine that cause Kenny has such a rock solid rom. Maybe trying a wipe and reflash of your setup to see if the problem persists.

mrcollpepper

Dec 21, 2011
tacoma
:)

I have seen the lockscreen thing happen once before, not sure what caused it. Locked and unlocked phone and it went away. Phone calls being restricted and galary I dont believe this theme would be causing it. Has anyone else running another rom with this theme seen these issues? If not it may be something in the rom causing it. Though I know its hard to imagine that cause Kenny has such a rock solid rom. Maybe trying a wipe and reflash of your setup to see if the problem persists.

Well it has been very rock solid and with this theme, I have managed to avoid most of the bugs with even better battery life. But, thanks for the advice, I will do that first thing in the morning.

Nashdogg

Nov 22, 2011
Maine
Nash, any chance of getting the Beasts with ca1ne's and MJ's flashlight toggle/swipe notification fix?

Sure thing. Im working on updates as we speak. Only downside to maintaining 10-15 different themes. I'm starting with most used/downloaded themes and will go from there. Running Blue Bomber right now with ca1ne's mods and seems to be working great. Will be getting others updated as soon as possible.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

lilajrestnom

Jul 31, 2011
Philadelphia
Sure thing. Im working on updates as we speak. Only downside to maintaining 10-15 different themes. I'm starting with most used/downloaded themes and will go from there. Running Blue Bomber right now with ca1ne's mods and seems to be working great. Will be getting others updated as soon as possible.

So everything worked well? That's great lol.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

Nashdogg

Nov 22, 2011
Maine
Yeah, it did works guys. Thanks for all you're help guys. I have had two freeze ups since running it. Not sure if it was cause of the mod or lack of ram or just a fluke. Only time will tell.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MYSTERIOUS BEAST-
    BLACK FROYO

I would like to start by saying thank you, to Thomasskull666 and MysteryEmotionz for creating this theme that i for one enjoyed for along time back in the Froyo era. This is not my work, I just updated it so it could be enjoyed all over again:cool:. I origanally wanted to keep the theme as origanal as possible but also wanted everyone to get the most out of the expirience by adding all the EL30 goodies and while keeping everything functional for FC09.

Changelog For v2...

* Added Phone.apk for the in call dialer
    * Added Inverted apps all thanks go to Bradman117 for these
    *Drop box
    *Gmail
    *Google voice
    *Gtalk
    *Vending (Google Play 3.5.19)
    *For these to install right you need to back up your current version
    with TiB or backup app of choice and then uninstall them before
    flashing theme. If you do not want the apps you may use 7zip to
    unzip the theme and take out whatever you dont want and zip it
    back up and your ready to flash. I think the inverted apps go really
    well with the theme:cool:

Changelog For Mysterious Beast v3

*added Phone.apk and TelephoneyProvider.apk from TPR v2.2
    ( Thank you Kennyglass123 for a great rom)
    *added Transparent FC09 DialerTabActivity.apk (Themed by me:cool:)
    *fixed phone.apk force close for now

Changelog For Mysterious Beast v4

*added Ca1ne's Swipe Away mod
    *Includes Flashlight, Reboot, and Shutdown in Scrolling Statusbar
    * Thanks to Ca1ne for his mod
    *Thanks to Ca1ne and lilajrestnom for all their help:);):good:

Changelog For Mysterious Beast v4.1

*Fixed Inverted google play store(shows up in app drawer now)
    *added transparent gingerbread keyboard by pauldiddy (to enable it go to menu/settings/locale and text/and check the gingerbread keboard and uncheck the rest. (OR)
    *added Black themed Swype apk by pauldiddy. Enable it the same way as above. May be enabled by default.

To DO...

*add Transparent Contacts.apk for FC09 when i can get it figured out.....Heeeeeelllllllpppppp! Lmao:eek::D:cool:

Screens:
    20120516-232412.jpg

20120516-220917.jpg

20120516-220504.jpg

20120516-220225.jpg

20120516-220304.jpg

20120516-222023.jpg

20120516-220443.jpg

I would also like to thank Travmofosho for pngs used from minimalistic black and super sipper for the systemUI as Mysterious Beast did not have a SystemUI.apk included. And for the couple themed apps included( TWCalculator, TWCalendar, ADW Launcher ) Thanks Trav;)

This has been tested by me on Clean gb 1.1.2, The Peoples Rom 2.0/2.2, Cut and Paste Rom. But should work on any Deodexed EL30/FC09 rom.

Also Included and Thanks To...

Toadlife [Scrolling status bar w/4G]

SenseiSimple [Extended Power Menu & Scrolling]

Travmofosho [Transparent Dialer, Contacts, MMS]

Sprint Hotspot Hack [Necrosan, Toadlife, SenseiSimple]

3G/1x icon Fix [SenseiSimple]

CRT Off

1% battery mod

dreamsforgotten [Theming Guide]

Also Tested and comfirmed that this theme should not break the Sprint Connections Optimizer. I tested myself on Kennyglass123's FC09 The Peoples Rom v2.2 and the Connection Optimizer worked as it should. The Settings apk is compatible with both platforms.:)

Instructions:

Go into Recovery, Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache

Go into Mounts and System storage and Mount System

Flash EL30/FC09 Mysterious Beast v1

Unmount System

Reboot

Profit

DOWNLOAD LINK:

Mysterious Beast v1 MB 26.88

Mysterious Beast v2 MB 38.13

http://d-h.st/zQU

Mysterious Beast v3 MB 38.13

http://thomasskull666.com/nashdogg/EL30-FC09_Mysterious_Beast_v3.zip

Mysterious Beast v4

http://d-h.st/7cX

Mysterious Beast v4.1

http://d-h.st/95d

Add-ONS

Aosp Lockscreen

http://d-h.st/CcH

TW Lockscreen

http://d-h.st/16p
    INDENT]
    Lol, you guys are too much. In case you all haven't heard, I will be taking over travmofoshos threads and trying to keep his work in the mix. I will be making updates when I can. Your work will be missed travis but you taught me everything I know so it will be kinda like you are here. Hopefully I can throw it down like you did. I will do my best. Thank you all for your support.:cool:

Have a feeling a transparent messanger just may be around the corner.... :D

Transparent messaging, contacts, and dialer. :cool::cool::cool:

Nash, any chance of getting the Beasts with ca1ne's and MJ's flashlight toggle/swipe notification fix?

I'm gonna re-theme the phone apk one more time to see if I borked something along the way. Anyone interested in testing pm me and I will send you a link when its ready:cool: