LIght Flow/LLight Manager

Search This thread

jamesbond_28_007

Jul 18, 2008
London
I have tried every single combination and can not get either of these apps to even blink once. I have unchecked under LED settings, I have turned off LED completely under settings, I've even tried alternate mode and back again. Nothing works.

I absolutely rely on this and it worked flawlessly with my S3. I'm close to returning the phone but really like it so hope someone can help.

Thanks.

PS stock notification works (green light)

jamesbond_28_007

Jul 18, 2008
London
I have tried every single combination and can not get either of these apps to even blink once. I have unchecked under LED settings, I have turned off LED completely under settings, I've even tried alternate mode and back again. Nothing works.

I absolutely rely on this and it worked flawlessly with my S3. I'm close to returning the phone but really like it so hope someone can help.

Thanks.

PS stock notification works (green light)

If anyone is interested, factory fault makes the LED work with LED Manager. However whilst it works under test mode, the reality is, when a message/email comes through it defaults to green at the blink rate set by the stock notifier. Poor.

jamesbond_28_007

Jul 18, 2008
London
If anyone is interested, factory fault makes the LED work with LED Manager. However whilst it works under test mode, the reality is, when a message/email comes through it defaults to green at the blink rate set by the stock notifier. Poor.

Is there no-one that has got LED Manager/Light flow working correctly on the LG G2. Surely someone has and can tell me how they did it!

scottdanpor

Oct 10, 2011
Is there no-one that has got LED Manager/Light flow working correctly on the LG G2. Surely someone has and can tell me how they did it!

Light flow worked for me. I believe it had a "Root helper" option I enabled. It did change my LED color, however, the wakelocks resulting were detrimental to my battery. I had to uninstall it. :(

scottdanpor

Oct 10, 2011
Thanks - that's a start. It all works fine under test mode but as soon as notifications arrive it reverts to default green.

There are some that won't work, seems like Missed call/voicemail simply cannot be changed. However, I got Gmail (white) and Facebook (Blue) ones to work.
I still would not recommend using it. If you try, use Wakelock detector and check for numerous wakelocks. Maybe light manager works better, but you still won't get missed call/voicemail to change at all I believe. I would test with Gmail and if you get that working, then try others.

It seems like the G2 stock apps can't be overridden. If you must have different led colors for Missed call/SMS, I think you'll have better luck with 3rd party apps. The light managers seem to have better ability to override the led than with stock apps. That's my suspicion.
Just throwing my experience out there, I got frustrated with the battery drain. FYI there's also an xposed module for led control. Don't try it, it doesn't work.

Last edited:

jamesbond_28_007

Jul 18, 2008
London
There are some that won't work, seems like Missed call/voicemail simply cannot be changed. However, I got Gmail (white) and Facebook (Blue) ones to work.
I still would not recommend using it. If you try, use Wakelock detector and check for numerous wakelocks. Maybe light manager works better, but you still won't get missed call/voicemail to change at all I believe. I would test with Gmail and if you get that working, then try others.

It seems like the G2 stock apps can't be overridden. If you must have different led colors for Missed call/SMS, I think you'll have better luck with 3rd party apps. The light managers seem to have better ability to override the led than with stock apps. That's my suspicion.
Just throwing my experience out there, I got frustrated with the battery drain. FYI there's also an xposed module for led control. Don't try it, it doesn't work.

Sadly none work. Only in test mode.

LTunez

May 22, 2012
Lightflow does work, at least on the Verizon variant. However, it took a while for me to figure out the proper configuration. You must leave the G2's stock LED notifications enabled, but disable all the individual apps/notifications (incoming call, missed call, etc) except for the one labeled "Downloaded apps" (make sure that one is enabled/ticked). *This particular option/setting may only be available on the Verizon variant*

In Lightflow's settings, have "root mode", and "Run in foreground" enabled. Seems that "Nexus 5 force LED reset" is enabled by default, so I left that alone. "Reduce wake" is optional...seems to work either way.

For some apps to work properly (Like Facebook Messenger) you must have "Accessibility Services" enabled for Lightflow as well (on 4.2.2). On 4.4.2, the new "Notification Service" should be enabled (Lightflow should request this when you run it).

Hoping this helps.

LTunez

May 22, 2012
Lightflow does work, at least on the Verizon variant. However, it took a while for me to figure out the proper configuration. You must leave the G2's stock LED notifications enabled, but disable all the individual apps/notifications (incoming call, missed call, etc) except for the one labeled "Downloaded apps" (make sure that one is enabled/ticked). *This particular option/setting may only be available on the Verizon variant*

In Lightflow's settings, have "root mode", and "Run in foreground" enabled. Seems that "Nexus 5 force LED reset" is enabled by default, so I left that alone. "Reduce wake" is optional...seems to work either way.

For some apps to work properly (Like Facebook Messenger) you must have "Accessibility Services" enabled for Lightflow as well (on 4.2.2). On 4.4.2, the new "Notification Service" should be enabled (Lightflow should request this when you run it).

Hoping this helps.

Here's a screenshot of the proper settings for the G2's notification light.

Attachments

• ss.png
    ss.png
    48.6 KB · Views: 506
Reactions: pmstc

mrdunn

Jan 6, 2010
portland, or
Last edited:

somnambulator

Sep 21, 2010
I didnt have any trouble with LightFlow on 4.2.2 and it works probably 90% on KitKat. It seems like some stock apps force their notification either briefly or permanently, but i haven't troubleshooted at all. Also I did a factory reset after upgrading to KitKat and I forgot to back up my LF settings so I may have an option off that was on before.

Klotar

Oct 9, 2013
Winnipeg
I used Light Flow on my Samsung GS3, my G2 D803 on 4.2.2* and on 4.4.2. Everything is working perfectly (native and 3rd party apps).

*That said, I initially had trouble when I first got my G2, Light Flow would not work, and the LED only blinked on native apps. I tried everything I could think of, including contacting the developer of Light Flow, who was very helpful but we could not resolve the issue.

Finally, I did a factory reset but prior to that, I turned off backup/restore of data to Google servers, and also turned off the auto-updating of apps in the Play Store. After the reset, Light Flow started working and has worked ever since including after update to KitKat.

It is my theory that a setting from my GS3 was restored onto my G2 automatically when I changed devices (i.e. shortly after signing in to my gmail account when I got my G2). Some setting I think somehow interfered with Light Flow working. While it's possible that the factory reset itself fixed the problem, I still think it was the data restore that caused my issue. In any event, that data was just a few preferences, wifi access point, bluetooth pairings and such, no big deal to set up again (you do NOT lose email, contacts, calendar, etc. -- that is entirely different from what I mean about backup/restore of data on Google Servers).

Reactions: jamesbond_28_007

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hoping this helps.

I used Light Flow on my Samsung GS3, my G2 D803 on 4.2.2* and on 4.4.2. Everything is working perfectly (native and 3rd party apps).

*That said, I initially had trouble when I first got my G2, Light Flow would not work, and the LED only blinked on native apps. I tried everything I could think of, including contacting the developer of Light Flow, who was very helpful but we could not resolve the issue.

Finally, I did a factory reset but prior to that, I turned off backup/restore of data to Google servers, and also turned off the auto-updating of apps in the Play Store. After the reset, Light Flow started working and has worked ever since including after update to KitKat.

It is my theory that a setting from my GS3 was restored onto my G2 automatically when I changed devices (i.e. shortly after signing in to my gmail account when I got my G2). Some setting I think somehow interfered with Light Flow working. While it's possible that the factory reset itself fixed the problem, I still think it was the data restore that caused my issue. In any event, that data was just a few preferences, wifi access point, bluetooth pairings and such, no big deal to set up again (you do NOT lose email, contacts, calendar, etc. -- that is entirely different from what I mean about backup/restore of data on Google Servers).

That's it - you solved it. I had tried everything you said but had never left downloaded apps checked!!

Well done and thank you!