[APP] Battery Status (v4.6.1.1) - Telerik controls, icon sets, globalization and more

Search This thread

rich27

Mar 21, 2010
Hi Martin. Don't know if any has reported that the spanish language is not displayed in the Lumia 820 (spanish mexico language). The marketplace show the description fine, but the app in the device only wotk with english language.

---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

Martin, JFYI: competitor app just published on the marketplace (for WP8 only of course). Hurry up ;)

not much to worry. Martin offers his app with multilanguage support. :cowboy:

fubag

Apr 9, 2010
WV
confirmed on WP 7.8 that when battery status is a tiny app it doesnt show percentage or update the tile

needs an update!!!

fubag

Apr 9, 2010
WV
Well... On my radar with HD2O 7.8 it works!

ya dunno y on my dell venue pro it just shows the outline of a battery cell, not even filled or anything, and doesnt update the tile

every other app seems to work well whether the tile is large or tiny

only this app, i flashed correctly def no bugs in my build

goldenpipes

Dec 29, 2009
Saint Paul
ya dunno y on my dell venue pro it just shows the outline of a battery cell, not even filled or anything, and doesnt update the tile

every other app seems to work well whether the tile is large or tiny

only this app, i flashed correctly def no bugs in my build
I updated my focus s to 7.8 with the cab sender and I also have this issue. It could be a language pack issue, what localization is the app written in?

When the tile is default size it works correctly, however. Just not in mini mode

boril

May 9, 2006
Sofia
Hi,

I remember there were some rumors for Windows Phone 8 version of this great app.
What is the status ?

Apr 13, 2010
Amazon Kindle Fire
LG V30S
Love the app, and only have one request.
On 7.8, When you re-size the tile, the percentage is removed from the display. If possible, can you include a set of options for a smaller tile that keeps the percentage?

If you need a tester, I only have a Samsung Focus. However, I will help out.

Vlad Paul

Sep 1, 2012
Buzau
Work perfect in my ZTE Tania(WP7.8).
Thank you very much!:highfive:

Attachments

• BatteryStatus.jpg
    BatteryStatus.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 491
  • About.jpg
    About.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 416
Reactions: esykas

XwpisONOMA

Jan 2, 2011
Same issue!

Love the app, and only have one request.
On 7.8, When you re-size the tile, the percentage is removed from the display. If possible, can you include a set of options for a smaller tile that keeps the percentage?

If you need a tester, I only have a Samsung Focus. However, I will help out.

Thank you! I have exactly the same request. I can't afford a large tile for battery % so when I use the small tile the % is gone. I can see the battery level with the color lines inside the battery icon but that is offered by the OS on the main and lock screen by default.

I think most of us suffering from fast depleting batteries, need to have a good visual indication of what the % power remaining in our phones.

I am currently testing HD2Owner's latest release (Dynamic 7.10.8862.144 ver. 2.21) on a HTC HD2 and among other issues I am experiencing poor battery life. With average to low usage (I'm not a power user, I do not play games, or constantly watch videos, etc) my phone will last about 8 to 9 hours. I am almost certain the battery is draining the same regardless if the phone is being actively used or in standby. Actually, one night i charged it to 100% (green led) and the OS said fully charged, approximately 13 hours remaining. Then I turned it off and left it disconnected overnight. When I started it next morning it was at 92% and the OS said you have 8 hours left. Then I charged again to full and when the OS reached 100% it reported 9 hours of battery remaining. Obviously something is not right with this phone or this ROM or window s7 or (possibly) all the above.

Anyway, if we can have the % in the small tile (and updating in the background) that would be GRAND!!!

Τhank you! :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Battery Status, based on the DLLImport project by fiinix shows, as the name suggests, the battery status of your phone. It has a Live Tile which is updated about every 10 or 30 minutes (depending on the user's preference).

It shows the percentage on both sides of the tile and a matching icon on the front. You can log the battery data (percent or voltage), show the data on a graph and view a report.

The app also lets you view the current processes and memory usage and you can open the battery saver.

Working for all (Chevron/Developer) unlocked phones. :)

Supported languages as of version 4.6 are: Chinese (Simplified & Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Korean , Polish, Portuguese(Portugal), Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Spanish, Swedish.

If you want to translate the app to Finish or Japanese or if you want to improve an existing translation, please use the app translator that is attached here and send me the generated file. Thanks a lot :)

Special thanks to fiinix for DLLimport, to sensboston for his great support, to MJCS for finding the GUID for the battery saver and to all the translators and donators.

New Windows application (History Viewer) by sensboston, which allows you to view the battery data on your PC.

• updates for several languages
    • added another icon set by user elkron

• updates for several languages
    • added 3 more icon sets by user elkron

updated Czech, Danish, French and Russian translation

• added phone info page
    • added new iconset
    • fixed a little issue with the graph
    • app now detects charging status change while it is running
    • added Norewegian, Japanese

v4.5.5.1
    • history will be reset if file can't be read

v4.5.5
    • fixed a bug that prevented logging the history for some region settings (thanks to Snake. and Treach81 for pointing me in the right direction and for testing the fix) Clear the history if you us a region different to en-US for the date!

v4.5.4
    • fixed bug in the Dutch translation that made the app crash
    • updated Telerik controls - graph now properly scrolls in landscape mode

v4.5.3
    • added Dutch and Korean
    • changed update notification
    • added download update button
    • fixed wrong notification in settings
    • changed the way the app looks for updates (should be faster now)

v4.5.2
    • fixed a little issue with the settings page that came with the last update

v4.5.1
    • readded Spanish
    • added translation to toogle buttons in settings

v4.5
    • added a new graph (tap and hold it for more info, pinch to zoom)
    • new report page with pie chart
    • new about page
    • new intro page
    • error reporting
    • choose icon set in settings
    • check for updates
    • Telerik controls
    • removed Dutch, Finish, Greek, Korean and Spanish - will be added again once I get the translations
    • coming soon: version with unsupported languages (Georgian, Slovenian, Croatian)

View attachment 839130View attachment 839131View attachment 839132View attachment 839133View attachment 839134View attachment 839135

Video by user wpxbox (it's tap and hold on the graph for details, and processes can't be killed neither inside or outside the app ;) )

v4.1.1
    • Fixed crash in settings if the background task is disabled. Thanks JosipoGo!

v.4.1
    • added Finnish, Hungarian, Korean and Croatian (although the phone doesn't officially support that so I am not sure if it will work)
    • fixed crash for Dutch version

v.4.0.0
    • added Chinese (Traditional), Danish, Dutch, Swedish
    • removed Korean - lost my translator
    • added new graph control
    • added process viewer
    • added report for data
    • added ability to show and log voltage
    • added ability to choose the update interval (10min/30min)
    • added button to open battery saver
    • and a few other improvements

If you upgrade to version 4.x from a version 3.x please make sure to uninstall the old one first.

v3.4.2
    • added Chinese (Simplified)
    • added localized app name for all supported languages
    • fixed background service issue

v3.4.1
    • little adjustment :)
    • fixes for Russian translation

v3.4
    • added Russian, Spanish
    • some small tweaks

v3.3
    • added Czech, Greek and Italian - thanks to everyone who sent me translations. Take a look at the about page ;)
    • another fix for the French translation

v3.2
    • Localized Live Tile text
    • updates for French and Portuguese translation

v3.1
    • Interop Unlock is NOT needed anymore
    • fixed typos in French translation

v3.0
    • added more detailed images for the live tile status
    • added settings page (turn background service on/off , enable logging, show charging status on/off)
    • added option for logging the battery data and showing it in a graph
    • added translations for German, French, Korean, Polish, Portuguese
    • added about page (to thank everyone who helped)

v2.1 added fix for HTC (thanks to sensboston)

v2.0 added Live Tiles and Background Agent

v1.0 first release

Downloads so far for previous versions:
    1.0: ~80
    2.0: 194
    2.1: 709
    3.0: 184
    3.1: 1026
    3.2: 744
    3.3: 3001
    3.4: 183
    3.4.1: 1430
    3.4.2: 6761
    4.0: 3490
    4.1: 4319
    I just finished version 4.0 and I am waiting for the translators now. Then I need to test it a little. Here are a few screenshots, I hope you like it.

View attachment 788882View attachment 788883View attachment 788884
    View attachment 788885View attachment 788886

The main screen buttons and the charging and voltage text can be removed in the settings.

P.S.: If you want the app in Danish, Finnish, Hungarian, Japanese, Norwegian or Portuguese (Brazil), now is the time :) Send me a PM if you want to translate the app! All other supported languages are included in v4.0.
    As singularity0821 said, it works perfectly with Omnia 7 ^^x

I join Battery Status & CSharp DLLImport screens ;)

Live Tile would be great :)

I think the other information is quite useless because most of it is 0 :)

I'm working on the Live Tile right now :) I'm having a little problem with referencing DLLImport from another project (which is needed for the background agent) but I hope I can get around that.

This is how it looks so far:

battery1.jpg
    battery2.png

It's a flipping live tile, the status and the icons also change.
    I am not sure if I am still welcome in this thread after abandoning this project for so long, and there's no excuse after how great you all have been in the months that I have spent working on the app!

I had a very busy time, with a lot to do for work and for university there simply wasn't any time for my own projects anymore. But well as I said before, there's no excuse for just disappearing and I am sorry for that.

I am still very busy, but I will go through all the unread emails and messages and I will answer each one of that even if I am really late with some..

Anyway, I have some good news. I have ported BatteryStatus to WP8, and it already passed certification and should be in the marketplace very soon. (http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/battery-status/76c3ebad-935b-4e5c-aab2-9ca63a4f7014) Also, I am working on a completely rewritten version that makes use of all the great WP8 APIs. It should be ready very soon as well. Regarding the old WP7 version, I'll try to also fix some bugs there if it is still needed.

Thanks to those who supported me all the time, to those who find the time to read this and sorry to all of you for taking so much time to return to this project.
    v3.3 is out: added Czech, Greek and Italian and fixed French again :)

Thanks to everyone who sent me translations. Take a look at the about page ;)