[KITCHEN][WWE][20.03.2010]Windows Mobile 6.1 21056/20779 Kitchen for Raphael GSM

Search This thread

gilmorej

Apr 3, 2009
Actually, now I'm not sure if this solved my problem. I was able to use opera to purchase a winmo game from the media net store, but I'm not sure if the website still thinks I have the wrong phone and served the game up in the wrong res or something.

I bought Madden 10 for windows mobile and was able to download it, but once I tried to install it, the phone says the installation was unsucessful before it even does anything. It doesn't even get to the point to ask if I want to install it to the device or the storage card. I redownloaded thinking it could just be corruption, but got the same thing again.

I got a refund of the price by stating that it wouldn't work.

Now, I am not sure if this is an issue stemming from our discussion about the phone's mis-identification (which is actually still happening on some sites) or if ATT servers are dishing out messed up files, but I have a feeling that they won't be constantly giving me refunds so that i can trial-and-error. And I don't want to drop another $10 on some other winmo application that may or may not work.

Has anyone had expereience buying games/apps with custom ROMs?

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
@gilmorej:

Does the official vendor of Madden 10 have a downloable trial version you could try?

If so, post up the link to a trial and maybe someone can try it as well.

HTH,

gilmorej

Apr 3, 2009
It's by EA Mobile.

There's not a demo on the media net store, I tried going to EA Mobile (www.eamobile.com) site on my phone which is actually seeing my phone as a P4600 (Fuze), and there is no Madden for WM listed.

I also looked at the EA mobile site (www.eamobile.com) on my computer and once I put in the model of my phone, and do a search for Madden 10, it says it is not yet available for my phone. I tried to find an AT&T windows mobile phone it was available for, but found nothing (it was a quick search, not sure what other models AT&T sells that are WM phones -- I looked at other HTC models).

I still have the CAB on my storage card, but I'm not sure if I should post that since I may be passing out a full version of the game?

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
It's by EA Mobile.

There's not a demo on the media net store, I tried going to EA Mobile (www.eamobile.com) site on my phone which is actually seeing my phone as a P4600 (Fuze), and there is no Madden for WM listed.

I also looked at the EA mobile site (www.eamobile.com) on my computer and once I put in the model of my phone, and do a search for Madden 10, it says it is not yet available for my phone. I tried to find an AT&T windows mobile phone it was available for, but found nothing (it was a quick search, not sure what other models AT&T sells that are WM phones -- I looked at other HTC models).

I still have the CAB on my storage card, but I'm not sure if I should post that since I may be passing out a full version of the game?

You're correct; passing it around would likely be considered a violation of license ... best not to.

Short of calling EA technical support to see what they have to say, I'm not sure what to suggest at this stage.

Sorry,

manyun

Apr 26, 2009
Surabaya
When using the Gen.Y_Manila_R1_5-EXT package, be advised that Raphael\COMMON\System - Configuration Profile (Single Selection Only) profiles contain _2330fc3c_manila and WeatherCityBase.provxml

These weather db files are not compatible with TF3D 2.1 and cause weather tab and home tab clock problems (TF3D restarts).

Update:
Removing them fixes the problem.

sorry as a noob

but howto remove it?

Farmer Ted

Nov 30, 2008
It's by EA Mobile.

I'm pretty sure you can get it from handango-and possibly a demo. I've got many paid-for apps. The key is getting the owner info exactly correct. I've screwed that up a lot, lol. If it installs with a cab, I'd suggest just un-packing the cab and doing it manually. If it's an installer, search your pc and find the cab(s). It's usually in the actice sync folder.

I thought that handango said it worked on the fuze.

gilmorej

Apr 3, 2009
I'm pretty sure you can get it from handango-and possibly a demo. I've got many paid-for apps. The key is getting the owner info exactly correct. I've screwed that up a lot, lol. If it installs with a cab, I'd suggest just un-packing the cab and doing it manually. If it's an installer, search your pc and find the cab(s). It's usually in the actice sync folder.

I thought that handango said it worked on the fuze.
I actually was looking earlier at Handmark's website and saw that they have it as well. No demo, though. However, I purchased some other games from them earlier today and they work fine. So I'll just stick with that.

xboomer55

Dec 25, 2007
Gen.Y Manila R1.5 VGA Port & Youtube 2.5

When using EXT pkg Gen.Y Manila R1.5 VGA Port, and the included optional YouTube_2_5_19151528_00_VGA, and you have problems playing youtube video, add the folowing packages:

mHubVO_1_73_090424_X0_Rhodium
StreamingSrcFilter_2_7_19143024_00_Rhodium

If needed, you can find them here:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=4532751&postcount=1673

There are other workarounds, like using PKG YouTube_2_5_TEST4_22.07.2009 instead of the included YouTube_2_5_19151528_00_VGA, but this breaks the haptic feedback (Tab vibration) for me.

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
@xboomer55:

Much appreciated! Info like this saves me tons of research time!

I'm just coming off of my Manila Kitchen Hiatus ... I'll start looking at the new Manila and supporting apps over the next few weeks.

:)

player911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
Send me a PM ...

I'm almost done recoding the Manila Decompilation kitchen; as soon as that's finished, I am actually looking to post a Raphael "Generic" 6.5 kitchen for folks to work with.

Cheers,

rofl, I actually thought of doing the same thing for the Raphael since Da_G stopped. It was wonderful to just download the latest release/kitchen all in one package... slop some EXT's in there and fry away.

I have learned a lot more doing starting from fresh ingredients but fast food is good every now and then.

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
@player911:

It's amazing how quickly we get spoiled. ;)

I'm sure you've probably come to the realisation by now that putting together a "generic" kitchen that contains no personal customizations is quite a challenge ... at least it is for me.

I've just started looking at building the "generic" 6.5 kitchen again; it'll likely be a few more weeks before I look to set a thread up. I've got a few 6.1 items I want to look at first for this kitchen.

Cheers,

Noonski

Inactive Recognized Developer / Moderator Emeritus
Apr 18, 2005
Amsterdam
noonski.nl
No...not the manila that throws the weather on top of the clock. Tell the Germans it's always cloudy over there anyway... ;)

Originally Posted by Yoshi Joghurt
There is a registry key HKCU\SOftware\HTC\Manila\EnableWeatherClock
this key is set to 1 by default. Maybe it works for you if you set this key to 0
. I havnt try this because i love this plugin :)

\\Yoshi
Looks like this is a bit of a buggy solution ATM to remove that part, but i do really like the way the clouds float in and the sun shines on first look of Home. Then again it is just eye candy. And i also don't Twitter.

PS: i will be switching to Visual Kitchen before the end of the year so i can be a bit more helpfull,

Last edited:

votum

Jul 31, 2008
i am just now getting in to cooking and trying to dump a ROM and make some slight modifications. I just downloaded a random rom, the only 23060 one, optimal champious I think, and go to dump the NBH, everything goes well until I get this error:
boot.rgu in xip not found! Create new...
I click OK, it just says ROM may not be bootable, have tried with a few dumps and it always says this so Im guessing it nornal. Then it seems to hang on, "Rebuilding all ROM Structures.. Wait..."

My Question is, how long does this step take?

Also, is ervius visual kitchen the best to use as a starter?

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
Hi votum,

This is a "pre-made" WinMO 6.1 kitchen.

If you are looking to dump a ROM, I suggest downloading the latest Ervius Kitchen tools into a separate folder and performing the extraction from that folder.

Additionally, since you are looking to extract a WinMO 6.5 ROM, I would recommend not using this kitchen as it is specifically for WinMO 6.1. I recommend using the latest kitchen in this thread as your starting point:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=474406

HTH,

votum

Jul 31, 2008
Oi I didnt even realize that =x Been flashing a long time should have noticed, my bad! Thansk for the link :)

nubail raja

Feb 11, 2006
The best 6.1 Kitchen ever. need further help!!!

Thank you very much for this wonderful Kitchen hilaireg. I’ve finally attained a fully customized, extremely fast & stable device right on boot. Now i dont intend to upgrade to WM 6.5 or even 7 for another year.

No complaint what so ever except battery drain (Max 13-15 Hrs with minimum talking usage), even tough I’ve enabled all power saving options from Advanced Configuration Tool v3.3 (Gem of a tool). i use Radio 1.12.25.19 with it's appropriate ril file.

Is there a way to find out what's hogging my power or some kind of benchmark analyzer to identify the culprit. Never the less i have bought another battery for just in case scenario.

Now the absolutely useless things that annoy me are:-

1- The volume icon on the title bar
2- Soft Menu bar (Bottom bar)

these 2 things i consider as "Slumdogs" eating into my device's valuable screen space with no value addition what so ever. I’m using HTC volume control & AEButtons for soft menu which makes both the above redundant. I've XDAed, googled, yahooed, removed volume------ from kitchen ----- folder, used vjtoggletodayII etc and the only thing I haven’t done to remove them is screaming from top of Mount Everest, yet no relief.

Also I’m using PHMtools(another gem), specially the SIP module for clipboard & character map. this program is written for non VGA device & hence don’t display properly in my Raphael (see pic). The .dll responsible for this function is PHMPTSIP.dll (enclosed), which I don’t know how to convert to VGA format. even the forced VGA don’t do the job

Now I have a bounty of $50 donation for any Brave hearts like you, who can find me a solution to my above issues.

Someone please take up this challenge & oblige me soon. Thanks again!

Attachments

• PHMPTSIP.png
    PHMPTSIP.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 20
  • PHMPTSIP.dll.zip
    11 KB · Views: 1