[Q] Note3 Unable to get Three 4G OTA update even after unrooting - Advice needed pls

Search This thread

punkstoner

Aug 19, 2008
Ouch. That's me told. Please accept my apologies sir.

Not sure what to suggest then.

All I know is I desperately wanted 4G and that method sorted it for me.

Hope someone can help you sort it another way,

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

Sweet. Welcome to the 4G club!

At work in middleton. 22Mb down 23Mb up. 23 up. Wow.

DrHRH

Jan 22, 2008
Nerdville, Tennessee
At work in middleton. 22Mb down 23Mb up. 23 up. Wow.

Nice.

I got 21 down and 21 up in Preston and 15 down/4.4 up in Swinton. It does seem to vary wildly from place to place and even in the same place at different times.

---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

Nice.

I got 21 down and 21 up in Preston and 15 down/4.4 up in Swinton. It does seem to vary wildly from place to place and even in the same place at different times.

I hope this isn't off topic but I'm wondering if I should flash an official KK update via odin - such as the Poland one.

Can anyone comment on whether or not there's a significant improvement over 4.3?

Now I've got 4G sorted I don't want to break it if it's not fixed, as it were. Also, if I flash it via ODIN, will I lose all my current 4.3 customisations?

punkstoner

Aug 19, 2008
Nice.

---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

I hope this isn't off topic but I'm wondering if I should flash an official KK update via odin - such as the Poland one.

Can anyone comment on whether or not there's a significant improvement over 4.3?

Now I've got 4G sorted I don't want to break it if it's not fixed, as it were. Also, if I flash it via ODIN, will I lose all my current 4.3 customisations?

Im planning on staying on 4.3mj6 for a while. Kitkat as call recording issues and you cant roll back. 4g is 10 times the speed of 3g, and on mj6 battery life is awesome. My humble opinion? 4.4 is not worth it yet.

DrHRH

Jan 22, 2008
Nerdville, Tennessee
After all that drama getting 4G functionality, I'm now wondering if it's been worth the hassle. The Note 3 itself isn't really all that it's cracked up to be. I only "upgraded" from the Note 2 for 2 reasons: 1) To get 4G - but it's not available everywhere so I'm mostly using 3G and 3's HSDPA speeds are excellent anyway. 2) To get a better camera. Hmm. I can't honestly say that the Note 3's camera is noticeably better or worse than the Note 2's.

So does anyone else feel that it's a pointless change and that it's better just to stick with the Note 2?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: xbillou360

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
After all that drama getting 4G functionality, I'm now wondering if it's been worth the hassle. The Note 3 itself isn't really all that it's cracked up to be. I only "upgraded" from the Note 2 for 2 reasons: 1) To get 4G - but it's not available everywhere so I'm mostly using 3G and 3's HSDPA speeds are excellent anyway. 2) To get a better camera. Hmm. I can't honestly say that the Note 3's camera is noticeably better or worse than the Note 2's.

So does anyone else feel that it's a pointless change and that it's better just to stick with the Note 2?

LOL Oh dear, camera is OK tbh 13MP is good enough, I rarely use mine. I came from a HTC One which was very nice... I only went to the note for screen size, nothing else.

Jun 12, 2009
I might be posting a bit early as Im not near a three 4g mast so cant guarantee the network is going to log me in (problem for another day).. But I've been suffering with the same problem and been trying to be patient

Today my patience ran out.. Three told me as the phone is off contract I'll have to get the update from Samsung..

To prove a point I stuck a friends sim that has had the update in my phone.. Lo and behold i had the 4g option in network settings....

Now what surprised me is... The setting appears to be a once time toggle... Having stuck my sim back in and rebooted.. Still have the 4g setting.. And I'm connected to H+ using the 4g/3g/2g setting..

Phone is stock unrooted and unmodded.

Hope this helps someone

akashi

Sep 14, 2010
I have the Note 3 on 4.3 bought from France. When I inserted my Three SIM, it showed up as 4G and no text message was received.

The network is very congested in the London area and speed fluctuates throughout the entire day. I get very good speeds of over 25Mbit download after 2am whilst at work.

Jun 12, 2009
I might be posting a bit early as Im not near a three 4g mast so cant guarantee the network is going to log me in (problem for another day).. But I've been suffering with the same problem and been trying to be patient

Today my patience ran out.. Three told me as the phone is off contract I'll have to get the update from Samsung..

To prove a point I stuck a friends sim that has had the update in my phone.. Lo and behold i had the 4g option in network settings....

Now what surprised me is... The setting appears to be a once time toggle... Having stuck my sim back in and rebooted.. Still have the 4g setting.. And I'm connected to H+ using the 4g/3g/2g setting..

Phone is stock unrooted and unmodded.

Hope this helps someone

So this did work got 4g connection while out and about today

louis1978uk

Mar 30, 2013
thread necrosis for use fullness as info valid

So this did work got 4g connection while out and about today

Sorry to Nero the thread but people likely will still be having 4G issues on three network...
1st you need to check the micro sim you are using on three is 4G as some only provide h+ aka 3g+ or 3.5g all micro sits on three offer that however only some will be 4G.
Secondly 4G will automatically on a your mobile devise rooted or not when you come in range of an active 4G transmitting tower... when this happens the new 4G option will now appear in settings an alternative is plug in someone's 4G active sum then switch back

my nexus 5 of a me in Peterborough and I accepted then was 4G my note 3 just to a with no text or options 4G icon appeared and went live..

So to reiterate
1 4G devise
2 4G enabled simple
3 4G active tower

rooting and custom rooms do not effect the other as I'm rooted on both and one uses custom rom.
now all we need is the new note 3 patch currently on a in uk to enable download booster and know from the sg5

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Have you had any messages or updates from 3?

Nope, no messages or updates from three.

although there was an security update a few days ago, im not sure if that is related to 4g.
    azazaza.jpg
    Ah-haaaa!!!!

At the mo' I'm unrooted and on 4.3 and MJ1.

I want to:
    1 - root,
    2 - update to KK,
    3 - get 4G
    4 - not trip Knox
    (in that order)

Any idea if all or some of those are possible?

Thanks, Richard

If you are on MJ1 you can root safely via Root De La Vega and keep KNOX 0x0 -- then do your upgrading via Mobile Odin Pro - You have to do a bit of reading if you choose this way.