How to fix mobile data problems on your OPO!

Search This thread

hishamomran

Feb 21, 2009
Well, this is probably the first post I ever posted in one of those forums but I was pretty sure some people might get the same issue so I just thought I'd help out.

I received my One a few days ago, went through hell and back to unlock the bootloader after I already set everything up the way I like it, rooted the phone and updated to XNPH33R and everything was a beauty until I noticed my network acting up. At first it was just the internet connection would drop every now and then then the voice calls started dropping more randomly. I must've flashed my phone like 10 times just to make sure I covered everything.

Then I decided to check the bands used by my service provider, found them on a link on the GSMArena website.
After that it was a matter of setting that on my phone, so I searched online and got this code, *#*#4636#*#*, which should take you to the service menu, there you should be able to make a selection as to which band you want your phone to operate on, as well as the connection type. I set mine to my countrys' band and the connection type to WCDMA/LTE, after that my connection was H+ and it didn't drop for 24 hours now, not even once.

Please let me know if you face any problems doing this. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PROBLEMS YOU CAUSE DOING THIS - DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Oh and the oneplus one is a piece of art, literally. :D

wolfnumba1

May 5, 2007
New Rochelle
Well, this is probably the first post I ever posted in one of those forums but I was pretty sure some people might get the same issue so I just thought I'd help out.

I received my One a few days ago, went through hell and back to unlock the bootloader after I already set everything up the way I like it, rooted the phone and updated to XNPH33R and everything was a beauty until I noticed my network acting up. At first it was just the internet connection would drop every now and then then the voice calls started dropping more randomly. I must've flashed my phone like 10 times just to make sure I covered everything.

Then I decided to check the bands used by my service provider, found them on a link on the GSMArena website.
After that it was a matter of setting that on my phone, so I searched online and got this code, *#*#4636#*#*, which should take you to the service menu, there you should be able to make a selection as to which band you want your phone to operate on, as well as the connection type. I set mine to my countrys' band and the connection type to WCDMA/LTE, after that my connection was H+ and it didn't drop for 24 hours now, not even once.

Please let me know if you face any problems doing this. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PROBLEMS YOU CAUSE DOING THIS - DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.

So it sounds like it may be an issue with your SIM card. I know what you are thinking, what could this possibly have to do with the SIM, on another phone I had, an LG G2, also running CM11 nightlies, I could not get an LTE signal at all on the phone. I took the sim card out of a nexus 5 which had LTE signal with no issues. I put the SIM back into the nexus 5 to see if it was the sim card, and I got an LTE signal in the nexus 5. Tried flashing different radios, flashed back to stock, nothing was working on the LG G2. FInally somebody suggested that the SIM card may have "tied" itself to the nexus 5, I was like that is BS I have never seen this before, sim cards are meant to be moved around to different phones, kind of the whole point of their existence. After a day or two of trying everything I could, I finally gave in and went to see if it was in fact the SIM card that was causing the issue. Lo and behold, new SIM card activated for my account, G2 immediately received an LTE signal. I know this isnt the exact issue you are having, you are having issues with dropped data, but I still suggest before you do anything else, try to get a new SIM card and see if that resolves the issue. On the G2 I went into that same test menu and when I would select LTE it would go right back to WCDMA preferred, would never stay on LTE, once new SIM card in I was able to change between the two. Just my two cents.

Reactions: tendan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

So it sounds like it may be an issue with your SIM card. I know what you are thinking, what could this possibly have to do with the SIM, on another phone I had, an LG G2, also running CM11 nightlies, I could not get an LTE signal at all on the phone. I took the sim card out of a nexus 5 which had LTE signal with no issues. I put the SIM back into the nexus 5 to see if it was the sim card, and I got an LTE signal in the nexus 5. Tried flashing different radios, flashed back to stock, nothing was working on the LG G2. FInally somebody suggested that the SIM card may have "tied" itself to the nexus 5, I was like that is BS I have never seen this before, sim cards are meant to be moved around to different phones, kind of the whole point of their existence. After a day or two of trying everything I could, I finally gave in and went to see if it was in fact the SIM card that was causing the issue. Lo and behold, new SIM card activated for my account, G2 immediately received an LTE signal. I know this isnt the exact issue you are having, you are having issues with dropped data, but I still suggest before you do anything else, try to get a new SIM card and see if that resolves the issue. On the G2 I went into that same test menu and when I would select LTE it would go right back to WCDMA preferred, would never stay on LTE, once new SIM card in I was able to change between the two. Just my two cents.