Awesome Developer

Jul 7, 2013
alexandria

The reason of making this thread is making a GENERAL DISCUSSION about the phone

Example : news , software updates news , user experience . user problems & more

Last edited by a moderator:

freejess

Jul 11, 2008
Hi ! I want to buy this phone, where can I buy it the best price...
I live in France

matthijsph

Dec 27, 2013
Rotterdam
root acces

Are there active users of the HTC One E8 (dual sim) on this forum?
I received mine today but it doesn't have root access so I can not use titanium backup. I already tried getting root access using WeakSauce but unfortunately that did't work.
Besides this little problem (that will be fixed) I'm very than happy with the phone!

Algus Helm

Feb 9, 2008
Brasília
Brazilian language

I'm thinking in buying a E8 but I got a question to who got one:

Does the E8 have under language settings the Portuguese Brazil (pt-br) option?

Thanks in advance!

ftorres

Mar 13, 2009
My China version only Chinese and English

Sent from my HTC M8Sw using XDA Free mobile app

gommers1978

Oct 26, 2006
I'm thinking in buying a E8 but I got a question to who got one:

Does the E8 have under language settings the Portuguese Brazil (pt-br) option?

Thanks in advance!

For the Chinese dual sim version:

If you install an custom Rom maybe if you use morelocale, out of the box it has only English and Chinese

Last edited:

gregferns

Sep 19, 2009
Mumbai
Xiaomi Poco F1
OnePlus Nord
Are there active users of the HTC One E8 (dual sim) on this forum?
I received mine today but it doesn't have root access so I can not use titanium backup. I already tried getting root access using WeakSauce but unfortunately that did't work.
Besides this little problem (that will be fixed) I'm very than happy with the phone!

AFAIK, there is no root method for this, except for HTCDEV bootloader unlock.
I did that and then flashed SuperSu. I got root.

But i am still having other issues and still trying to sort out the kinks...

thanks
Greg

ydk

Sep 7, 2014
Hi All

My friend wants to buy the E8 white version. But in few reviews, it is said that white has silver finish on the front, which does not look so good.
He does not mind the glossiness. Can someone tell me if the white looks good? I havent had a chance to look at it personally.
Does white with silver look odd? Or it looks classy? Please comment

kachmul2004

Jul 29, 2012
My friend wants to buy the E8 white version. But in few reviews, it is said that white has silver finish on the front, which does not look so good.
He does not mind the glossiness. Can someone tell me if the white looks good? I havent had a chance to look at it personally.
Does white with silver look odd? Or it looks classy? Please comment

The silver part is just like 1/10 of the front part. To the eye, it even looks whitish unless u pay attention to it only

meet_91

Oct 18, 2014
Ambiguity- HTC one E8 vs Moto X vs Nexus 5

Hey Guys,
I want to buy a phone and am confused between HTC E8 and Nexus 5 and Moto X. Price wise Moto X is similar to HTC E8, however nexus 5 i can get at around 5k lower price than the other two.
I am greatly fascinated by HTC one E8 features and want to buy the phone. Most of my friends who use this says that HTC doesn't upgrade the OS and the best you can have with E8 is Android L. However for google supported phones such issue will not arise. Can you guys help me with your experience with HTC phones and how important is the OS upgrade.

Hey Guys,
I want to buy a phone and am confused between HTC E8 and Nexus 5 and Moto X. Price wise Moto X is similar to HTC E8, however nexus 5 i can get at around 5k lower price than the other two.
I am greatly fascinated by HTC one E8 features and want to buy the phone. Most of my friends who use this says that HTC doesn't upgrade the OS and the best you can have with E8 is Android L. However for google supported phones such issue will not arise. Can you guys help me with your experience with HTC phones and how important is the OS upgrade.

Wow, you're lucky! Moto X is not available where I live, and the Nexus 5 costs as much as the E8...

All of the devices you mention will run any apps just fine, so the difference lies in the UI. Do you prefer Android L to Sense? If you do, get the X or N5. I like Sense a lot and even think it looks better than L in some regards. My experience with this phone has been quite pleasant, apart from the sound...

I think E8 is similar enough to M8, so maybe it'll get the same treatment as M8 regarding OTA updates. That said, I've only received one OTA update, and haven't got the Eye Experience OTA yet. Someone from my country has ported some ROMs from the M8 to E8, but hasn't released them. I hope that we'll get ported ROMs soon. I won't use them anyway, but other users may benefit from them.