[ROM][V500][5.0.x][CM12] Official CyanogenMod 12

Search This thread

michd2

Jan 20, 2010
Apeldoorn
If you go into the battery menu, click on the search icon, and search for "battery saver", then the menu is displayed to enable it.

It should be in the battery menu directly, but looks like it's missing at the moment. Although, it can still be enabled as I just mentioned.

Edit:

Here is a patch to fix the bug which should be merged soon.
http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/90144/

Thanks for your answer and the solution to the problem!

Reactions: Deltadroid

Deltadroid

Recognized Contributor
Apr 19, 2013
Enable USB OTG options

When a OTG device is mounted, this patch should make the device visible under the storage options.

Please give me feedback on this and if it works then I will submit the patch to gerrit.

This patch will execute the following command and append a line to your build.prop when flashed in your custom recovery.

Code:
#!/tmp/busybox sh
/tmp/busybox echo 'persist.sys.isUsbOtgEnabled=true' >> /system/build.prop

cm-12-enable-usb-otg-options-signed.zip

Deltadroid

Recognized Contributor
Apr 19, 2013
The patch above is working. I'm going to submit it.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1425379449385.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1425379449385.png
    113.9 KB · Views: 390

Deltadroid

Recognized Contributor
Apr 19, 2013
The sdcard problem sounds like a more general cm12 bug. I'll keep an eye out for a solution. There are many variables with sdcards.

qdh1502

Jan 28, 2008
Paris
Internal storage problem, cannot install app

Hi, i'm on CM12 official for V500 and I have an internal storage problem, I cannot install app because there's no more space.
I use only 10Gb / 12Gb on my device. I don't have games, only Gapps (pico + playstore gapps), facebook, etc.
How can I check the real intenal data partition (like in samsung note ?) ?
Thanks for your help

Deltadroid

Recognized Contributor
Apr 19, 2013
Hi, i'm on CM12 official for V500 and I have an internal storage problem, I cannot install app because there's no more space.
I use only 10Gb / 12Gb on my device. I don't have games, only Gapps (pico + playstore gapps), facebook, etc.
How can I check the real intenal data partition (like in samsung note ?) ?
Thanks for your help
SuperSU can cause internal storage problems also. If you are using SuperSU, disable the option for "mount namespace separation".

To see your free space, open terminal emulator and type "df" then enter. The internal sdcard is /storage/emulated/0.

D

Deleted member 2943498

Any idea why there are no new nightlies the last two days? Build problems?

D

Deleted member 2943498

Yep, but there builds for other devices. But not for my mako and my v500... ;) But I will wait patiently (that's all I can do anyway).

Deltadroid

Recognized Contributor
Apr 19, 2013
Sdcard Mount/Unmount button

Thanks to @aidfarh for providing info, I've been able to patch framework-res.apk on the latest nightly build so that the Sdcard Mount/Unmount option is available under the storage options.

Code:
--- framework-res/res/values/bools.xml.orig	2015-03-06 22:36:43.181059491 +0100
+++ framework-res/res/values/bools.xml	2015-03-06 22:38:52.893059390 +0100
@@ -45,7 +45,7 @@
     <bool name="config_deskDockEnablesAccelerometer">true</bool>
     <bool name="config_carDockEnablesAccelerometer">true</bool>
     <bool name="config_suspendWhenScreenOffDueToProximity">false</bool>
-    <bool name="config_batterySdCardAccessibility">false</bool>
+    <bool name="config_batterySdCardAccessibility">true</bool>
     <bool name="config_use_strict_phone_number_comparation">false</bool>
     <bool name="config_intrusiveNotificationLed">false</bool>
     <bool name="config_multiColorNotificationLed">false</bool>

If you would like to help test the Sdcard Mount/Unmount option, please install the latest nightly build (20150304) and the attached flashable zip to update framework-res.apk.

Feedback needed so I can submit a patch to gerrit. Thanks for testing.

cm12-v500-framework-res-20150304-signed.zip

Note that the "USB OTG Storage Options" is a separate patch that is available a few posts back and can be also used in combination with this patch.

Screenshot attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-03-06-23-19-44.png
    Screenshot_2015-03-06-23-19-44.png
    116.7 KB · Views: 414

Hibble

Dec 14, 2012
If you would like to help test the Sdcard Mount/Unmount option, please install the latest nightly build (20150304) and the attached flashable zip to update framework-res.apk.

It works for me, thanks ;)

Hopefully USB OTG will also be fixed to fully working soon.

Reactions: Deltadroid

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 12 (CM 12)
    Android 5.0.x for LG G Pad 8.3 V500​

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.0.x (Lollipop), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

About CM:
    CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Wiki:
    Official CyanogenMod Wiki: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/V500_Info

Important Information:
    Be sure you are using latest available recovery!

Download:
    http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=v500

Installation:
    • Read the official wiki
    • Copy GApps and CM12.0 ZIPs to your internal SDCard
    • Boot into Recovery
    • wipe data factory reset
    • wipe cache
    • wipe dalvic cache
    • format system
    • Flash CM12.0 zip from internal SDCard
    • Flash GApps zip from internal SDCard
    • Reboot
    • Don't restore system data using Titanium Backup!
    • Restoring Apps + Data might cause problems and is not recommended, avoid it if possible!

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 12.0:
    • Copy CM12.0 ZIP to your internal SDCard
    • Boot into Recovery
    • Flash CM12.0 zip from internal SDCard
    • Reboot

Important Information for kangers:
    If you're going to reuse our work, which we're doing for free, be fair and give proper credits.
    This is the only payment we're really demanding and we deserve it to be mentioned because of the countless hours we've put into this project.

Used sources:
    https://github.com/cyanogenmod

XDA:DevDB Information:
    CM 12.0 ROM for the LG G Pad 8.3 (V500)

Contributors:
    CyanogenMod Team

ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.0

Version Information
    Using 0415 I just had the screen blank out whilst using a browsing app... had to press power button to turn off and restart. Any ideas? Never had it before.
    Yes, CM12.1 will be officially available for the v500 in about an hour. I'm getting ready to upgrade right now by making some backups. I plan on factory resetting when updating to 12.1.

I think the blackout issue is memory management related and the only way to fix it is to upgrade and factory reset.

Edit: I will make an official cm12.1 thread this evening. :)
    I should also mention that I found a bug in the deodex tools that causes some missing class calls in the core gapps applications and framework. I have contacted other gapps developers about the issue but I can't confirm it's fixed in other gapps packages. I have fixed the deodex bug in my gapps packages here in the Delta Gapps thread. The bug I found affects 5.0.x and 5.1 gapps. I have solved the issue by using the nexus 7 factory image that does not require the deodex process. Most other gapps packages are based off factory images that require deodexing, which will introduce no operation calls in place of some particular class calls.

Thanks for offering me a beer btw. I was thinking about setting something up, but kind of never got around to it yet. Besides, I do this because I enjoy helping people and solving problems. :)
    Sdcard Mount/Unmount button

Thanks to @aidfarh for providing info, I've been able to patch framework-res.apk on the latest nightly build so that the Sdcard Mount/Unmount option is available under the storage options.

Code:
    --- framework-res/res/values/bools.xml.orig	2015-03-06 22:36:43.181059491 +0100
    +++ framework-res/res/values/bools.xml	2015-03-06 22:38:52.893059390 +0100
    @@ -45,7 +45,7 @@
         <bool name="config_deskDockEnablesAccelerometer">true</bool>
         <bool name="config_carDockEnablesAccelerometer">true</bool>
         <bool name="config_suspendWhenScreenOffDueToProximity">false</bool>
    -    <bool name="config_batterySdCardAccessibility">false</bool>
    +    <bool name="config_batterySdCardAccessibility">true</bool>
         <bool name="config_use_strict_phone_number_comparation">false</bool>
         <bool name="config_intrusiveNotificationLed">false</bool>
         <bool name="config_multiColorNotificationLed">false</bool>

cm12-v500-framework-res-20150304-signed.zip

Note that the "USB OTG Storage Options" is a separate patch that is available a few posts back and can be also used in combination with this patch.

Screenshot attached.
    While we wait for patches to be merged, I have patched framework-res.apk from the 20150210 nightly build to enable the missing navigation bar menu. The zip file below can be flashed on top of the latest cm12 nightly build to enable the missing navigation bar menu.

EDIT: Patch removed because the fix is now successfully merged into 20150212 nightly build.

Note: the contents of framework-res.apk does not change very often, but I will update this link when necessary (until it is fixed in the official sources).

Code:
    --- framework-res.orig/res/values/integers.xml	2015-02-08 15:28:49.828484209 +0100
    +++ framework-res/res/values/integers.xml	2015-02-08 15:29:05.556484196 +0100
    @@ -77,7 +77,7 @@
         <integer name="config_longPressOnHomeBehavior">2</integer>
         <integer name="config_doubleTapOnHomeBehavior">0</integer>
         <integer name="config_longPressOnMenuBehavior">3</integer>
    -    <integer name="config_deviceHardwareKeys">0</integer>
    +    <integer name="config_deviceHardwareKeys">64</integer>
         <integer name="config_deviceHardwareWakeKeys">79</integer>
         <integer name="config_screenBrightnessSettingMinimum">10</integer>
         <integer name="config_screenBrightnessSettingMaximum">255</integer>