Search This thread
N

nrm5110

Nice tight fit and grip is nice I'm happy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

rabbivj

May 22, 2007
Atlanta
I have the commuter and a screen protector on top of it. doesnt add any bulk whatsoever. I wont get the defender due to the fact when i had the OG Bold, i had a holster case and i broke the clip on 5 of em. Thank god for ATTs warranty.

N

nrm5110

Defender but it failed me I dunno I guess it fell just right screen cracked inside had to get a replacement. how do iPhone users use that crap OS I got stuck with it for like 2 or 3 days it hurt so bad :banghead:. But it was a once in a million I hope it doesn't happen again.....

Radarscratch

Dec 15, 2008
Dallas
Otterbox Defender - Pics

Here are a few pics of the Skyrocket in the Otterbox Defender case.

I agree that it give the phone a ton of protection, by my goodness it looks like a tablet on your belt.

Attachments

• IMAG0001.jpg
    IMAG0001.jpg
    265.3 KB · Views: 202
  • IMAG0002.jpg
    IMAG0002.jpg
    266.4 KB · Views: 216
  • IMAG0003.jpg
    IMAG0003.jpg
    289.4 KB · Views: 213

pedroghne

Feb 25, 2012
hello, new to the forum

i was just wondering, anyone with the defender case for the skyrocket have any problems with the silicone layer falling off , like when you pull it in and out of your pocket, also, this is the one thing thats going to make my decision to get either the skyrocket or the original s2. i need a rugged case for my job and the skyrocket has the defender case, and the s2 has the trident kraken , can i get some opinions please?

thanks
pete

N

nrm5110

hello, new to the forum

i was just wondering, anyone with the defender case for the skyrocket have any problems with the silicone layer falling off , like when you pull it in and out of your pocket, also, this is the one thing thats going to make my decision to get either the skyrocket or the original s2. i need a rugged case for my job and the skyrocket has the defender case, and the s2 has the trident kraken , can i get some opinions please?

thanks
pete

I'm in industrial type work and it word for me normally my first one was a fluke mess up my new one took a few falls so far all good

vyntron

Feb 23, 2012
Hi All:
New to the Forum. I just moved from the 3gs to the Skyrocket and purchased the Defender case at the same time. Nice phone I must say asides from poor Battery life. The Screen protector that came with the Defender really ruined the beauty of the Screen of the Skyrocket. So I removed the Screen from the Defender (Its simply Glued In, all you have to do is push It out) and put a Steinheil Ultra Crystal Screen Protector on. The result was a Crystal Clear display and a very well protected phone.

breeze1000rr

Mar 5, 2012
madison
Have any otterbox users had any complaints about their voice seeming to echo during calls. I've heard of this on one occasion, was just wondering how common it was.

3inst3in

Nov 2, 2011
I like my Defender alright, but too much bulk for me on a sleek phone and the rubber case around the hard shell never fit as snuggly as I would have liked.

OOKALAH

Apr 24, 2011
Kaneohe
I have to say I put all my smart phones into a defender case... may be a little bulky but well worth the protection, and I have to say the gray and black don't like to bad...

Also I put a screen protector on before i put the case with the built in one on and I haven't felt any lag or have any bubbles, also the the silicone coming off and the echo never had that ether, I sware by this case and highly recommend it...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

Last edited:

phillybits

Jun 14, 2009
I had an Otterbox

for my iPhone 3Gs and my current Skyrocket. It's a great case until you're getting into your car and the clip on the back of the holster gets snagged as you're dropping into your seat.

Blink and it's off, broken beyond repair. Now you've got a useless holster.

fear676

Mar 15, 2011
Arlington, TX
I picked up a used 727 off Cl and it came with an ottter...

Seriously I just don't see why you'd conceal a sleek, sexy, thin, stylistic phone design in a huge rugged industrial piece of molded plastic. Yuuuuck! Yeah, it does provide excellent protection, but at a huge cost of style & size. To each his own, but definitely not for me...

Ill take it off your hands if you don't want it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

IndiNix

Apr 20, 2012
Winterpeg, Manitscoldout
hello, new to the forum

thanks
pete
Hey Pete. I've got the defender on my skyrocket and I'm really happy with it - my phone sees use as a back country GPS and also an industrial setting and although somewhat bulky it make the phone less flimsy feeling as well as providing solid protection.

The outer layer is much stiffer than the one with my previous phone (Nexus One) - the silicone was soft and grippy and yeah extracting it from pockets etc would sometimes unseat the edges etc. Not so with this case.

I can't speak about Trident but I broke a tab on the plastic inner liner for my N1 (big fall to granite; phone was fine) and Otterbox overnighted a replacement to me the day I asked if a replacement part was available (free of charge); top notch customer service/warranty.

Only caveat would be it would make one handed operation even harder if you had small hands.

Also, people that complain that it spoils the slim good looks need to not worry because their phone will be fine with a screen protector while they get their pedicure , dance with their metro friends etc ha ha.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA

Reactions: burnt80085

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I picked up a used 727 off Cl and it came with an ottter...

Seriously I just don't see why you'd conceal a sleek, sexy, thin, stylistic phone design in a huge rugged industrial piece of molded plastic. Yuuuuck! Yeah, it does provide excellent protection, but at a huge cost of style & size. To each his own, but definitely not for me...
    Have any otterbox users had any complaints about their voice seeming to echo during calls. I've heard of this on one occasion, was just wondering how common it was.

to fix this i just turned off the noise cancellation
    for my iPhone 3Gs and my current Skyrocket. It's a great case until you're getting into your car and the clip on the back of the holster gets snagged as you're dropping into your seat.

Blink and it's off, broken beyond repair. Now you've got a useless holster.

Good thing I don't use the holster!
    hello, new to the forum

thanks
    pete
    Hey Pete. I've got the defender on my skyrocket and I'm really happy with it - my phone sees use as a back country GPS and also an industrial setting and although somewhat bulky it make the phone less flimsy feeling as well as providing solid protection.

The outer layer is much stiffer than the one with my previous phone (Nexus One) - the silicone was soft and grippy and yeah extracting it from pockets etc would sometimes unseat the edges etc. Not so with this case.

I can't speak about Trident but I broke a tab on the plastic inner liner for my N1 (big fall to granite; phone was fine) and Otterbox overnighted a replacement to me the day I asked if a replacement part was available (free of charge); top notch customer service/warranty.

Only caveat would be it would make one handed operation even harder if you had small hands.

Also, people that complain that it spoils the slim good looks need to not worry because their phone will be fine with a screen protector while they get their pedicure , dance with their metro friends etc ha ha.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA