Samsung Galaxy 551 / GT i5510 rooting

Search This thread

isb7400

Dec 9, 2010
Live Wallpaper

Not able to enable Live wallpaper in my Galaxy 551, Tried each and everything as per method...can any one please help me by step by step guide, For the first time user, and if there is any video tutorial for this will help me a lot
Please AS ITS REALLY URGENT

czes21

Aug 27, 2011
1) You need to root your Samsung Galaxy 551, I use superoneclick

1.)Extract contents of sdcard.zip to your sdcard
2.)Open the terminal emulator/adb shell
3. open a command window(START > RUN > cmd(as administrator)
3a)cd /c:/adb/android-sdk/tools
3b.)run the following code
$su
#busybox mount -o remount,rw /system
#cat /sdcard/LiveWallpapersPicker.apk > /system/app/LiveWallpapersPicker.apk
#cat /sdcard/libRS.so > /system/lib/libRS.so
#cat /sdcard/librs_jni.so > /system/lib/librs_jni.so
#reboot

when asked for superuser privileges after su give them.

** after every line press Enter

*** If you have problems, make sure that you have the busybox installed on your phone

for me work put adb shel on disc c

czes21

Aug 27, 2011
please some sort instructions on how to change the rom in the galaxy 551st
and a list of the best rom's

course for a noob

cool video at registration. thumbs up

Matius Sony

Oct 25, 2011
How Galaxy i5510 can read emoji, see avatar etc

i have galaxy i5510 rooted already, but it cant read emoji, unicode, cant see avatar, i need help how to modify this device so it can works more perfect, thank you

custode

Jul 17, 2011
Hi guys, I need Help.

I need to know how to install a recovery after rooting the GT5510 and where to find a nobrand ROM for it. I have a Orange one, I can't do anything is blocked.

Please Help, Give me a link please :)

Dave 94

Dec 20, 2011
After rooting which is the best stable rom to go for..bcoz i want to replace the stock android rom..anyone can please advice..

sushdroid

Feb 20, 2012
Bangalore
Rooted, installed many root-only apps, backed-up with titanium, partitioned SD card to use link2sd and enabled live wallpapers. Next step is to upgrade the stock 2.2 ROM. Any suggestions about the custom ROMs which our beloved GT-i5510 supports??

shyamjptpm

Mar 30, 2012
Trivandrum
Rooting

step 1:download super oneclick application
search in google i cant post a link!!(new user)
step 2:connect your phone in usb debugging mode
goto, menu ->settings->applications->development->check usb debugging

step 3:install the application and connect your phone to system via usb cable.

step 4:eek:pen application and press root.

step 5:check in your app list that whether super user app is present or not.if yes then you will done!!:)

Last edited:

sushdroid

Feb 20, 2012
Bangalore
please help!! i tried font installer and when it asked to reboot, its not starting at all!! not even going into recovery!! hope its not bricked!! mine is galaxy 551 running stock 2.2 froyo!! had no problems for over 15 months!! but now....!!

shyamjptpm

Mar 30, 2012
Trivandrum
step by step instruction for rooting

can you give the step by step instructions on how you did this?

1.download the super oneclick application from the above thread.
2.install super oneclick in your pc
3.connect your phone in usb debugging mode to the pc.
4.open the application super oneclick
5.click root button in application
6.you have done rooting.
7.install link2sd application from market
8.you can transfer system apps to sd card
:cool::)

cheomoggu

Feb 3, 2011
Hey guys whats the best version of android for Samsung i5510, and how to install it in my phone, i´ve been searching for hours but no luck... is there any official update of the original rom?, by the way... is android 2.3 faster than 2.2?

I mean wich android version consumes the less recourses or could give me the best experience with my Samsung i5510 phone?...
Oh.. guys i used to have a HTC phone with windows mobile, and when i changed the original rom, also had to change the "radio" and some other weird ****.... do i have to do the same thing when upgrading or changing my original rom on android devices? :cowboy:

Samsung i5510 (Colombia South America)... Thanks very much for your help, and sorry for my grammar.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Greetings,

I'm new to the android world, my device is Samsung Galaxy 551 or GT-I5510. As I searched through the internet, uncle G! and aunt Y!, even brother B!.. the only way to save internal space is to move apps to SD card. But the way it works is limited, not until the phone is rooted.

It would be nice if someone kind enough to point me on how to root this device or maybe a documentations / links / tutorials.

Here's what I've tried with vain (I wonder if I did something wrong in the proccess) :

- "how to install apps to the sdcard on froyo" : tutorial from Androinica
    - z4root apps
    - universal androot

Spec of this device :
    h__p://img213.imageshack.us/img213/8540/tese.jpg

All kind of help will be appreciated, and since its my first post (thought I read the rules and do search before posting), please tell me if I did something wrong.

Updates :
    Rooting possible using Super One Click
    http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/8540/tese.jpg

Now my Titanium Backup and App2SD works like charms. Please read all instruction carefully, and the process wouldn't be a pain :)

Regards,
    apronouva
    Hi guys!

My girlfriend ordered the GT-i5510 today...

I also need root for this device....

greetz
    yes it worked for me as well and i have enabled Live Wallpaper on Galaxy 551 :)
    Please give step by step procedure to enable live wallpaper
    i have step by step method how to enable live wallpapers on Galaxy 551 on my wordpress blog

Video Samsung Galaxy 551 Live Wallpaper

good luck

if you use mobile phone to access my blog, wordpress is better :D
    i tried it but when i press enter after first line it says mount -o not found
    :confused::confused::confused:

using terminal is a little harder, and not all the time working.
    you can connect your phone to computer, activate USB Debugging, start adb shell and copy paste line by line there

!!! your phone must be rooted and you have to give root permission to adb or terminal