[Q] Xperia TX no longer listed on Sony Update Service?

Search This thread

edwardpootel

Nov 13, 2013
Hi!

Flashed my Xperia TX with Sony Update Service a couple of weeks ago.
However, my friend wanted to flash his Xperia TX with Sony Update Service yesterday, but he can no longer find this phone on the list.
So I launched Sony Update Service just now, and found out that T, TX, V all disappeared from the list.
Could someone confirm this?

Thanks!

Reactions: Haroon786

Leo

Dec 18, 2012
impossible...

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 462

edwardpootel

Nov 13, 2013
Click on the same green icon as the other guy at the top. You are not looking at all devices

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I am 100% sure the TX still does not exist even if I clicked on show all devices.
I clicked on the touch screen device filter on purpose so that I can capture the whole list in only 2 screenshots, otherwise I would have to scroll through the entire list and take numerous screenshots if I selected show all devices.
Also, I think Leo should be able to have TX displayed even if he selected the touchscreen filter.

Maybe the problem only occurs in some regions, or maybe Sony is preparing their upcoming Android 4.3 update for TX, just guessing.

Last edited:

FaiselW

Jul 28, 2013
Click on all devices. Even the t doesn't show up in touch screen options but comes up in all devices. And it is not because of region as update service shows phone which I cannot get in uk on there such as xperia gx which is only available in japan (i think)

Sent from my LT30p using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

edwardpootel

Nov 13, 2013
Click on all devices. Even the t doesn't show up in touch screen options but comes up in all devices. And it is not because of region as update service shows phone which I cannot get in uk on there such as xperia gx which is only available in japan (i think)

Then it is quite weird. :confused:
TX is not on the list even if I clicked "show all devices" at this time.
However, I am pretty sure the TX was on the list a couple of weeks ago.
Also, the Japanese GX does not appear on the list, too.

FaiselW

Jul 28, 2013
Press the drop down arrow. Then look for it

DeXteR_94

Dec 6, 2013
I agree with this guy who posted a thread.It's depending on country which you picked.I confirm that Xperia T doesn't exist in "Serbia" list of devices..Because i checked it.I changed country to "United States" and now i have all devices in that list.
So this guy is right,it's possible,not impossible.

Maybe the problem only occurs in some regions, or maybe Sony is preparing their upcoming Android 4.3 update for TX, just guessing.
Yeah,problem only occurs in some regions.

Best regards,DeXteR!

Last edited:

amit.thakor99

Mar 5, 2012
man i just solved this problem after hours of fiddling

i just thought of installing it in windows 7....i was trying in windows 8 and for sum reason the list of phones in win 8 sus was so less....i installed in win 7 cuz i had dual boot .....and then i got the whole list... i also had two setup of sus...one old version and one new one....i installed old one in win7 and then it updated to latest version and then i checked the mobile list and all mobiles were there so i was confused abt whether it was the version problem or sumething so i tried installing the same old version in windows 8 and then updating it....but still window8 sus was not showing all mobiles.....damn this windows 8!....if any1 knows how to get the whole list in win8 plz let me know...i was trying to update my xperia p but only the new phones are there in this win 8 sus

Reactions: M7mdA7md7sein

edwardpootel

Nov 13, 2013
That makes sense.
I am also running Windows 8.

i just thought of installing it in windows 7....i was trying in windows 8 and for sum reason the list of phones in win 8 sus was so less....i installed in win 7 cuz i had dual boot .....and then i got the whole list... i also had two setup of sus...one old version and one new one....i installed old one in win7 and then it updated to latest version and then i checked the mobile list and all mobiles were there so i was confused abt whether it was the version problem or sumething so i tried installing the same old version in windows 8 and then updating it....but still window8 sus was not showing all mobiles.....damn this windows 8!....if any1 knows how to get the whole list in win8 plz let me know...i was trying to update my xperia p but only the new phones are there in this win 8 sus

ferdinez

Mar 10, 2012
Takoradi
Fix for Xperia T/TX/TL not showing on SUS

Hi!

However, my friend wanted to flash his Xperia TX with Sony Update Service yesterday, but he can no longer find this phone on the list.
So I launched Sony Update Service just now, and found out that T, TX, V all disappeared from the list.

Thanks!

Right-click on icon on desktop(Windows 8)
Select Troubleshoot Compatibility.
Click Troubleshoot Program.
Tick "the program worked in earlier versions of windows....." and click Next.
Select Windows 7.
Click on Test the Program.
Accept Licence Agreement and proceed to next screen. Xperia T, TL,TX, and others not listed before should be displayed now.
If its there now, go back to the Compatibility screen and click on "Yes Save these settings for this program.
Ignore Error messages.

You now have every device I think, showing on your device.
Hope it works for anyone looking for a solution to this problem. Works for me.:D

I'm no responsible for anything that happens should you use this procedure.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fix for Xperia T/TX/TL not showing on SUS

Hi!

Thanks!

Right-click on icon on desktop(Windows 8)
    Select Troubleshoot Compatibility.
    Click Troubleshoot Program.
    Tick "the program worked in earlier versions of windows....." and click Next.
    Select Windows 7.
    Click on Test the Program.
    Accept Licence Agreement and proceed to next screen. Xperia T, TL,TX, and others not listed before should be displayed now.
    If its there now, go back to the Compatibility screen and click on "Yes Save these settings for this program.
    Ignore Error messages.

You now have every device I think, showing on your device.
    Hope it works for anyone looking for a solution to this problem. Works for me.:D

I'm no responsible for anything that happens should you use this procedure.
    Hi!

Thanks!
    man i just solved this problem after hours of fiddling

Trad Chinese...Hong Kong or Taiwan?
    In Taiwan I don't see T TX and V too.. :p

Taiwan.
    By the way, are you running Windows 8, too?