[Q] LTE 32Gb version - bugs with software update and emails

Search This thread

DanH83

Dec 1, 2013
Hello

I purchased a LTE version of the Note Pro 12.2 tablet this week and have spotted a few bugs. After some research it seems that they are not unique to me but thought I should share in case anyone has a fix or is thinking of buying one of these devices and may appreciate knowing the limitations in advance.

First of all, Software Update. Whenever you check for a software update the device says it has been modified and no software update is available. I haven't (yet) but sure enough in About Device it shows as 'Custom'. I attempted a firmware reinstall through Kies which worked fine, Knox Warranty showed 0x0 and binary showed as official but still have the same problem when attempting OTA updates. Others having the same problem are being stalled by Samsung Service Centres whilst they look into the issue.

Second, there seems to be a problem with the Email app which causes FC every time you click on 'Attachments' in an email. Seems to be SD card related (I'm using 64gb) as it doesn't happen when SD card is unmounted.

Anyone else had these? Any suggestions for a fix?

Thank you.

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
Both issues are related. Folks have reported "no OTA available" because of issues related to the SD card. Try moving your files off of it, reformatting it (ideally on your N12 or another Samsung device, then moving your files back on to it. I bet if you take the SD card out the "no OTA" problem goes away.

Bizack

May 1, 2013
Las Vegas
www.vaporbeast.com
Interesting...

I was experiencing a few issues with my Note Pro 12.2 wifi model. Only after I inserted a 64 gb card. the 32 gb card works great, however some apps are not having a few issues with not being able to read/write to the sdcard...
Namely ES File Explore, usually an almost perfect app, now it is not liking KK very well...

I wonder how it will act when I get the 128 gb sd card...

"poof"

DanH83

Dec 1, 2013
Both issues are related. Folks have reported "no OTA available" because of issues related to the SD card. Try moving your files off of it, reformatting it (ideally on your N12 or another Samsung device, then moving your files back on to it. I bet if you take the SD card out the "no OTA" problem goes away.

Ah sorry I should have said I tried the usual fix-all routine of unmounting, removing and rebooting. No luck this time. Have also just tried with a 32gb card and had the same problem.

DanH83

Dec 1, 2013
Interesting...

I was experiencing a few issues with my Note Pro 12.2 wifi model. Only after I inserted a 64 gb card. the 32 gb card works great, however some apps are not having a few issues with not being able to read/write to the sdcard...
Namely ES File Explore, usually an almost perfect app, now it is not liking KK very well...

I wonder how it will act when I get the 128 gb sd card...

"poof"

Good luck with that, the Software Update issue definitely seems to be limited to LTE versions.

KK does seem to cause some SD card issues, Pocket Casts can no longer save to SD card as the permissions and routines it used aren't there in KK anymore. I wish Google and Samsung would just agree on whether or not to support SD cards rather than a half-hearted attempt. Funnily enough, Google Play Music has no issues at all with the SD card.