[Kernel] [.38.8] intersectRaven's Kernel (AVS/CAVS)01/08/2011 22:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Ivan Dimkovic

Oct 13, 2006
@intersectRaven,

I am not really sure if that (1.250v) could be the case, as I set maximum voltage to 1275v in avs source... having this possibility in mind.

But still, even with 1.275v set as maximum voltage in AVS people do complain about those reboots.

I noticed that you are using stock frequency for booting... I thought that IT could be the problem as I am overclocking it... but, it looks like it's not that either.

intersectRaven

Mar 13, 2010
www.intersectraven.net
@intersectRaven,

I am not really sure if that (1.250v) could be the case, as I set maximum voltage to 1275v in avs source... having this possibility in mind.

But still, even with 1.275v set as maximum voltage in AVS people do complain about those reboots.

I noticed that you are using stock frequency for booting... I thought that IT could be the problem as I am overclocking it... but, it looks like it's not that either.

I see...it still would be nice to know what AVS is reporting in those instances where it causes a not responding fault in those N1s. If ever there are no AVS problems, then it really may just be the processor not supporting it. :(

Ivan Dimkovic

Oct 13, 2006
Yes, definitely... let's see if AVS debug messages will point us to where the problem could be in those reboots.

wildmonks

Nov 8, 2007
Appreciate your efforts in bring back wireless tethering support but now I get a different error that's preventing the app from working.

In the wireless tethering app's log it says "Enabling NAT rules... failed"

Sorry I can't help you guys with the AVS freezing/rebooting problems that some are experiencing as this has never happened to me. And the AVS debug msg never does appear in my Kernel Messages. Guess that means my CPU likes the AVS code :)

Attachments

• snap20100402_082712.jpg
    snap20100402_082712.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

RieGo

Apr 1, 2010
just got another freeze with 'cat /proc/kmsg' running, but there was no message from avs...

intersectRaven

Mar 13, 2010
www.intersectraven.net
just got another freeze with 'cat /proc/kmsg' running, but there was no message from avs...

Hmmm...I see...that means it wasn't having a problem adjusting itself nor is AVS receiving requests from the processor that it needs more juice. Oh well, I'll just compile a non-AVS kernel as well. If ever you need to verify which is AVS and non-AVS, the #1 builds will be AVS while the #2 builds will be non-AVS. :)

RieGo

Apr 1, 2010
Hmmm...I see...that means it wasn't having a problem adjusting itself nor is AVS receiving requests from the processor that it needs more juice. Oh well, I'll just compile a non-AVS kernel as well. If ever you need to verify which is AVS and non-AVS, the #1 builds will be AVS while the #2 builds will be non-AVS. :)

That would be great! thank you
maybe you can get avs stable on every device one day :)

intersectRaven

Mar 13, 2010
www.intersectraven.net
Appreciate your efforts in bring back wireless tethering support but now I get a different error that's preventing the app from working.

In the wireless tethering app's log it says "Enabling NAT rules... failed"

Sorry I can't help you guys with the AVS freezing/rebooting problems that some are experiencing as this has never happened to me. And the AVS debug msg never does appear in my Kernel Messages. Guess that means my CPU likes the AVS code :)

I'll have this fixed in my next kernel releases. I think it was because of the "can't initialize iptables table `filter'" error.

intersectRaven

Mar 13, 2010
www.intersectraven.net
just updated, using pre9 wireless tether still failing on NAT - but other than that, love this kernal :)

Hmmm...I really, or rather, can't use wireless tethering so I can't debug this problem. If you can use the terminal and launch the tethering application there and forward me the results, I may be able to get this working eventually. I think there are instructions on google code to do this. :)

himmatwala

Apr 24, 2006
Hey..I am kinda noob for android...

How do I do this using terminal?

Hmmm...I really, or rather, can't use wireless tethering so I can't debug this problem. If you can use the terminal and launch the tethering application there and forward me the results, I may be able to get this working eventually. I think there are instructions on google code to do this. :)

wildmonks

Nov 8, 2007
I'm kinda of a noob myself but I think I figured out how to run it via the terminal. Here is my result:

./tether start 1
about to run: [/system/bin/ifconfig eth0 192.168.2.254 netmask 255.255.255.0]
about to run: [/system/bin/ifconfig eth0 up]
about to run: [/data/data/android.tether/bin/iwconfig eth0 mode ad-hoc]
about to run: [/data/data/android.tether/bin/iwconfig eth0 essid AndroidTether]
about to run: [/data/data/android.tether/bin/iwconfig eth0 channel 6]
about to run: [/data/data/android.tether/bin/iwconfig eth0 commit]
about to run: [/data/data/android.tether/bin/iptables -F]
getsockopt for multiport failed strangely: No such file or directory
about to run: [/data/data/android.tether/bin/iptables -F -t nat]
iptables v1.3.7: can't initialize iptables table `nat': Table does not exist (do
you need to insmod?)
Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.
about to run: [/data/data/android.tether/bin/dnsmasq -i eth0 --resolv-file=/data
/data/android.tether/conf/resolv.conf --conf-file=/data/data/android.tether/conf
/dnsmasq.conf]
script result was []

Uh.. don't know what that means... maybe something about the iptables.. but uh.. I think you know that already haha

intersectRaven

Mar 13, 2010
www.intersectraven.net
I'm kinda of a noob myself but I think I figured out how to run it via the terminal. Here is my result:

./tether start 1
about to run: [/system/bin/ifconfig eth0 192.168.2.254 netmask 255.255.255.0]
about to run: [/system/bin/ifconfig eth0 up]
about to run: [/data/data/android.tether/bin/iwconfig eth0 mode ad-hoc]
about to run: [/data/data/android.tether/bin/iwconfig eth0 essid AndroidTether]
about to run: [/data/data/android.tether/bin/iwconfig eth0 channel 6]
about to run: [/data/data/android.tether/bin/iwconfig eth0 commit]
about to run: [/data/data/android.tether/bin/iptables -F]
about to run: [/data/data/android.tether/bin/iptables -F -t nat]
iptables v1.3.7: can't initialize iptables table `nat': Table does not exist (do
you need to insmod?)
Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.
about to run: [/data/data/android.tether/bin/dnsmasq -i eth0 --resolv-file=/data
/data/android.tether/conf/resolv.conf --conf-file=/data/data/android.tether/conf
/dnsmasq.conf]
script result was []

Uh.. don't know what that means... maybe something about the iptables.. but uh.. I think you know that already haha

Yeah. It was a module. I'm going to try out a build now which has all of the netfilter settings compiled as modules. Hopefully, it will work.

wildmonks

Nov 8, 2007
Seems there will be too many files if I make them all into modules. I'll have to build them in. If ever I'll just remove the loop unrolling compiler optimization to keep kernel size small. :(

Awe, that's too bad... I think having those unrolling optimization makes a noticible difference or it could just be my imagination.

That kernel size limit seems to be a pain to all you kernel builders :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AVS Kernels updated. :)
    AVS Kernels released! :)
    dropped from 100% to 78% in 24h its pretty impressive... :eek:

bty, what is "NETWORK TUNING" :confused:

From previous replied i found only enable the script by option 1 then 6 to save. what else I should do?

I don't have SS4N1 in front of me, I will take you through some settings from my head alone, so please excuse me if some info may be off. You're a smart guy, you'll figure it.
    So; You've flashed the CAVS kernel and SS4N1. Reboot, start Terminal Emulator.
    Type

su
    sscfg

Look for the Load presets menu option. Go there, load a preset. I started with Moderate. Go back to main menu. Press 2 to display current settings, then press 1. It will show you the current preset. All features will have 1 if enabled. SS4N1 should have the 1 flag as well, meaning it's enabled.
    From there, I press Enter to go back to main menu. In main menu I press 4 to customize settings. Press 1 to Enable/Disable features. I disable the Dewonkifier and Network tuning.
    Press Enter and go back to the Customize settings page.
    I enter 2 to customize the AWAKE mode.
    Press 1 to customize the power governor. It will ask you for the governor you want when AWAKE, I enter 3 if I recall correctly, that's on-demand. Interactive is also very good, even more responsive but eats the battery faster. I go with On-demand, it's very good for me.
    It will then ask you for the Min-Max operating frequencies when the phone is AWAKE. I go with the stock, 128000 for min, 998400 for max.
    It will ask you for the Up-threshold, I enter 90 so the CPU will wait on the lower frequency until it's used 90% before ramping to a higher frequency. Good for battery and trust me, the phone is snappy.
    Press Enter and you will be back to customize the AWAKE mode. I choose the 2nd option, UV Min-Max when AWAKE. For me, I've noticed my phone would consume the battery faster if undervolted. So, I press 2 to configure the UV when AWAKE. I set Min @ 0, Max @ 0. When done, it will show you the tweaked voltage table.
    Press Enter and go back to the Customize settings page.
    Press 3 to customize the SLEEP mode.
    Choose 1 and change the SLEEP Power governor to Conservative.
    Min freq 128000
    Max freq 384000
    Up-threshold: 98
    I go back to configure the SLEEP mode, choose the 2nd option to change UV options, I again choose Min and Max 0.
    I go back to the main menu, press 5 to save settings to SD card using the 1 option.
    I go back to main menu and finally Apply the settings.
    Exit Terminal, the settings apply on the fly, but I reboot for good measure.
    Have fun!

PS. I was using SetCPU before SS4N1, I now have SetCPU but it's not enabled (no set on boot ticked), no profiles defined. i do all the tweaking from SS4N1, I just monitor with SetCPU. Why use SetCPU when thanks to fine users here we can enjoy a great kernel and a great GUI to configure it? BTW, thanks ch33kybutt for SS4N1 and IR for the kernel!
    I have the same questions, I just haven't searched thru the old posts yet.

Noboost, cfs, wififast or advantages of AVS vs CAVS?

NoBoost -> restored the volume levels of stock kernel
    CFS -> ignore since I only release CFS nowadays
    WiFiFast -> make WiFi stay awake while display is off; useful for WiFi calling app
    AVS -> voltage settings are set at known stable (majority) levels
    CAVS -> voltage settings are set same as undervolted SVS kernels (like CM) but can be altered using script or through terminal
    Fixed kernels are up. :)