[X10 Mini][ROM] Old Xperia Project Latest (CyanogenMod9) - 002

Search This thread

SeeZaar

May 20, 2011
Memphis
hello! i have the xperia x10 mini with android 2.3.7 gingerbread (CM7 2.1.7) and nAa-09 kernel and i must ask is this rom now good, stable with wifi to works and other thing?? please tell me... :confused: sorry for my bad english... :cool:

leopseft

May 12, 2011
Athens/Αθήνα
I know that this rom is at its first steps and i just write in order to exchange experiences and opinions to help each other and to know what we have tried what it works, what it doesn't work, alternative options, ect!

Well, yestarday i decided to install and keep the rom for day to day usage. i backed up all my apps, my sms and my contacts to vcf file. i thought that data work but they didnt! i was planning to install only one app from market that one which restore the others. but with no working data i could't. so i tried to install them manually from the folder in which they were backed up. i first install the restore sms app succesfully. but when i restored all my sms, default sms app crashed! then i tried to import my contacts. i went in contacts menu and there was an option import files or something. i chose it and it said searching for vcf files but it probably stucked too! i think i ll use it when wifi is ready!

tested with naA_9 and beta2, not the latest rel1 rom.

Last edited:

phoneyericsson

Dec 30, 2010
Test:

- Much, much faster than before, no need to turn animations off, so fast!!
- Whoever said audio is better than before is right! Audio is superb! Not good, superb! OMG OMG I cannot believe how good audio is!!! WOW :):D:)

leopseft

May 12, 2011
Athens/Αθήνα
Test:

- Whoever said audio is better than before is right! Audio is superb! Not good, superb! OMG OMG I cannot believe how good audio is!!! WOW :):D:)

Did you test anything else? any other change? the reboots you had are okay now? gsm?

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

i must know, wifi works or not works.?. :confused: sorry for my bad english :cool:

I think you must look the first page of this thread again :) read more carefully =]

SeeZaar

May 20, 2011
Memphis
I think you must look the first page of this thread again :) read more carefully =][/QUOTE]

is it simple said yes work or not works :p sorry for my bad english

drfr

Jul 6, 2011
Púchov, Slovakia
I know that this rom is at its first steps and i just write in order to exchange experiences and opinions to help each other and to know what we have tried what it works, what it doesn't work, alternative options, ect!

Well, yestarday i decided to install and keep the rom for day to day usage. i backed up all my apps, my sms and my contacts to vcf file. i thought that data work but they didnt! i was planning to install only one app from market that one which restore the others. but with no working data i could't. so i tried to install them manually from the folder in which they were backed up. i first install the restore sms app succesfully. but when i restored all my sms, default sms app crashed! then i tried to import my contacts. i went in contacts menu and there was an option import files or something. i chose it and it said searching for vcf files but it probably stucked too! i think i ll use it when wifi is ready!

tested with naA_9 and beta2, not the latest rel1 rom.

I tried to import contacts from a vcf file placed on my sd but couldn`t find this option in the menu /wtf I could have sworn I saw it before/. So I did it the other way around - went to the vcf file through file manager - tapped on it and voila!

rapunzel11

Feb 15, 2011
Test:

You are right! Great progress in audio playback. What's with your GSM-Reception? For me it doesn't work yet. :(

But once again a good job from Paul!!!

phoneyericsson

Dec 30, 2010
Update:

- turning on networks reboots constantly (I must be on an evil mobile network!)
- audio SUPERB (the best I've ever heard on this phone, no joke)
- speed/User interface is great, very quick
- gallery is mostly smooth, flicking pictures shows some picture distortion
- putting apps on my SD, the apps disappear, on Windows I can see the apps, in the phone SD I can't see them. Most apps I install close at the start, maybe that's a compability problem (Android 2.3 vs 4.0?)

Hey! The newest versions of Root Explorer work with this ROM! I think you need to update Root Explorer for this ROM! The new version works!

I will actually just keep playing music on my phone I can't believe it...:eek:

Last edited:

phoneyericsson

Dec 30, 2010
You know, even if this ROM were not further developed, we have made a great start.

Other devs may ask Paul's permission to use some of this ROM to develop a fully-working ROM. Things like wi-fi etc. are fixed in time, I remember from Froyo and Gingerbread updates. People stress about it at the start but it does get fixed. The most difficult parts I think are probably (I think, not certain) already fixed! The camera can be trouble, and that's not ready on this ROM, that's the most difficult of what's left perhaps.

:)

leopseft

May 12, 2011
Athens/Αθήνα
Handsfree doesn't work in new version :/
(the microfone of handsfree, only the speakers)

---------- Post added at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

Does it meen we´ll get updates in the future? I know it´s hard, but i can´t use it without wifi, would be nice if you´ll fix it :eek:

i think that he means that he has ported everything he could and now there isn't anything else to port. and when cyanogenmod release any update with working libs about wifi etc he ''ll continue. correct me if i'm mistaken!

phoneyericsson

Dec 30, 2010
GSM: OK thank you Trissy! If you don't have GSM reception, as Trissy advicsed, go to settings, security and turn off sim lock. This did not immediately work for me...it kept saying I had the wrong sim pin...so I went back to gingerbread and tested the pin and I had the right pin! So...then I turned of airplane mode and then the pin turned off!! This unlocked GSM!

I still have reboots though...every 15 seconds no joke! Aaaaah:eek:

p.s. I was just looking at this ROM in the Mini Pro section...some people have GSM and some don't. Paul says there IS a GSM BUG...so hopefully we'll get that fixed...:)

BPaul

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 9, 2011
Astana
empireb.ml
Handsfree doesn't work in new version :/
(the microfone of handsfree, only the speakers)

---------- Post added at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

i think that he means that he has ported everything he could and now there isn't anything else to port. and when cyanogenmod release any update with working libs about wifi etc he ''ll continue. correct me if i'm mistaken!

works fine ;)

Reactions: ferotakis

leopseft

May 12, 2011
Athens/Αθήνα
i had tried the handsfree in aplha2. i called a friend i could hear her, she could hear me! but in rel1 i called a friend who had also installed rel1. we had both handsfree conected and he didn't hear me neither did i. But if you say it works fine im gonna make a test again...

Anyone else could confirm?
Thanks!

P.S. I dont mean handsfree doesn't detected or its speakers doesn work. i wanna know if the microfone of handsfree works during a call!

Last edited:

gh0stslayer

Nov 3, 2010
Bangalore
i had tried the handsfree in aplha2. i called a friend i could hear her, she could hear me! but in rel1 i called a friend who had also installed rel1. we had both handsfree conected and he didn't hear me neither did i. But if you say it works fine im gonna make a test again...

Anyone else could confirm?
Thanks!

P.S. I dont mean handsfree doesn't detected or its speakers doesn work. i wanna know if the microfone of handsfree works during a call!

didn't work for me

phoneyericsson

Dec 30, 2010
Note: if you are testing the SUPERB audio with your headphones...the sound actually plays on the speaker...confirmed from late night testing of audio surrounding by sleeping people...:D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is - CyanogenMod 9 developement for the X10 Mini

NOTE
    1) Use nAa kernel only
    2) If you want to use this rom for make for the E10a, ask my permissions!
    3) If you want to use this rom for make with another design, ask my permissions!
    4) Damn what am I saying??? Just ask my permissions for any mod at all!
    5) If you like, click thanks, no need to get offtopic in this forum
    6) There's no need to upload patches for this rom, it'd only make stupid trolling and so on
    7) Respect the moderator who cleans the thread, and all other people

Whats no work:
    Full HW Acceleration (3D Games work fine)
    Camera
    FM Radio

Thanks to:
    nobodyatAll
    kamarush
    jerpelia
    gaticamuena
    D4rKn3sSyS
    And others from XDA

Best regards

Paul
    Download links: