[FIRMWARE][S-OFF] Jewel Firmware Collection - Latest: 3.17.651.4 OTA

Search This thread

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Welcome to the Jewel Firmware Collection!

DISCLAIMERS:
  • I am not responsible if you brick your device while flashing these! Anything you download and flash on your device is at your OWN RISK!!

Credits
sgt. slaughter - for finding the references to help me build these ZIP files.
taylor.fowler - for the mount commands & flashable zips from which these were based.

Prerequisites:
- S-OFF

Instructions:
Bootloader-Flashables (have PJ75IMG in filename) - MUST be S-OFF to flash this way!
- Rename the file to "PJ75IMG.zip"
- Place on root of (external) SD card
- Boot into HBOOT to flash (bootloader should detect zip automatically and prompt you to flash)

Trouble flashing via SD card? Try the fastboot method (requires computer with working fastboot drivers)

FAQ can be found in Post #2.

Downloads

Last edited:

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
FAQ

Q: How do you flash these?
A: Since S-OFF is now available, bootloader-flashable versions have been added. These will be prefaced with "PJ75IMG" in the filename.

Q: Where does one read the current radio version?
A: Press "Software Information" in the "About" screen, and then "More". The radio version is called "Baseband version".

Q: Will this also flash from fastboot?
A: Only if you're S-OFF.

Q: Sometimes the new RUUs or OTAs contain other firmware images besides just the radio (ex: PRI, NV, Touch Panel, rpm, etc etc). Will a full firmware zip be added as well?
A: Yes, I will upload full firmware zips for bootloader flashing, as these emerge. NOTE: I will NOT include HBOOT, recovery, or boot image files in the zip.

Q: Can the bootloader-flashables be installed from the internal (phone) storage?
A: No, the PJ75IMG.zip file must be placed on the root of the external SD card.

Q: I'm having trouble downloading. Can you please post a mirror?
A: Absolutely, just let me know, and I can upload an alternate link. I understand that Dev-Host can be tempermental at times ;).

Q: Can I flash the bootloader version if I'm UNLOCKED, S-ON?
A: No. You must be S-OFF to flash a radio through the bootloader.

Q: Any chance you could toss up a flashable (through recovery) zip that includes the PRI update?
A: No. I was unable to locate a specific partition for the PRI, so that update will only be available for those that are S-OFF, to flash through the bootloader. NOTE: I will, however, consider adding the PRI as a separate, standalone firmware update, for those that are S-OFF.

Q: Can we install the radio without updating the software?
A: Yes, the firmware update is independent of the software portion of the OTA update. However, it is likely that the firmware will work best with the latest software, or at least the software with which it was provided.

Q: I thought if you update your profile and pri you will lose your root?
A: Profile & PRL are network updates that do not affect your root status. PRI is a firmware update, which also is unrelated to root.

Q: Does the file need to be renamed before loading into bootloader?
A: Yes, remove everything after the "PJ75IMG" in the filename (except the file extension ".zip") if it appears, prior to loading into the bootloader.

Q: I just flashed the firmware update, but my software version didn't change?
A: It's not supposed to. These are firmware updates, not software updates. The baseband and PRI versions will change when you flash firmware zips that include them. The software version will only change when you flash a ROM based on different/updated software (i.e. base ROM).

Q: I installed the full firmware update, but now I want to go back to the old PRI. How do I do that?
A: You don't. There is no standalone flashable for the original (2.28_003) PRI.

Q: I'm on S-ON with HBOOT 1.12/1.15/1.19/2.09. How do I update my firmware/radio?
A: You S-OFF, and then follow the method from this thread.

Last edited:

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Just a suggestion...you might want to remove the old EVO radio link. You just KNOW someone will flash that on this phone and brick it. ;)
Not sure what link you're referring to? The one in my sig? I still use both devices and frequent both forums.

Hopefully people are smart enough to follow the link in the thread, or the correct one in my sig, depending on which device they have. If not, please see disclaimer in OP ;).

EDIT: And I see you edited your post . . . :)

scottspa74

Apr 3, 2009
everett
Google Pixel 6
I thought this was calks thread :confused:

Right on. Thanks captain. Wow. I can't believe we can write radios with S-on. It seems S-on isn't stopping us from ANYTHING. Thanks HTC. :)

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

nabbed

Aug 15, 2010
You SHOULD NOT require registering on your website to flash these.
This is counter-productive.
The files in question are definitely in public domain, and you have no rights to them.

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
You SHOULD NOT require registering on your website to flash these.
This is counter-productive.
The files in question are definitely in public domain, and you have no rights to them.
Not sure what you're talking about, but you don't have to register on themikmik to download these files. Though I highly recommend you should ;) (or perhaps not).

There certainly wouldn't be any comments like this over there . . . :rolleyes:.

nabbed

Aug 15, 2010
Is the HTC unlock supposed to have a locked radio?
Can one actually flash this?

gpz1100

Nov 28, 2009
Where does one read the current radio version? I looked through the about screen but didn't find a reference to radio.

gpz1100

Nov 28, 2009
DOH!@# Didn't even see more :D

Interestingly enough, mine already has the latest revision. This came from BB around 5/26.

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
DOH!@# Didn't even see more :D

Interestingly enough, mine already has the latest revision. This came from BB around 5/26.
I think most of them came with the latest firmware. Some people might want to try downgrading to the previous version, though, if they're having signal issues. Or if they just want to see if there's any signal difference between the two.

I'm sure as the list gets bigger, people will have more use for this thread. But I figured I should at least put it out there so we can keep track of them and have them available.

Reactions: thispaininmyhead

gpz1100

Nov 28, 2009
^^Yup.

Looks like the dd command is used to facilitate the transfer.

You think this will also flash from fastboot?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to the Jewel Firmware Collection!

DISCLAIMERS:
    • I am not responsible if you brick your device while flashing these! Anything you download and flash on your device is at your OWN RISK!!

Credits
    sgt. slaughter - for finding the references to help me build these ZIP files.
    taylor.fowler - for the mount commands & flashable zips from which these were based.

Prerequisites:
    - S-OFF

Instructions:
    Bootloader-Flashables (have PJ75IMG in filename) - MUST be S-OFF to flash this way!
    - Rename the file to "PJ75IMG.zip"
    - Place on root of (external) SD card
    - Boot into HBOOT to flash (bootloader should detect zip automatically and prompt you to flash)

Trouble flashing via SD card? Try the fastboot method (requires computer with working fastboot drivers)

FAQ can be found in Post #2.

Downloads
    FAQ

Q: How do you flash these?
    A: Since S-OFF is now available, bootloader-flashable versions have been added. These will be prefaced with "PJ75IMG" in the filename.

Q: Where does one read the current radio version?
    A: Press "Software Information" in the "About" screen, and then "More". The radio version is called "Baseband version".

Q: Will this also flash from fastboot?
    A: Only if you're S-OFF.

Q: Sometimes the new RUUs or OTAs contain other firmware images besides just the radio (ex: PRI, NV, Touch Panel, rpm, etc etc). Will a full firmware zip be added as well?
    A: Yes, I will upload full firmware zips for bootloader flashing, as these emerge. NOTE: I will NOT include HBOOT, recovery, or boot image files in the zip.

Q: Can the bootloader-flashables be installed from the internal (phone) storage?
    A: No, the PJ75IMG.zip file must be placed on the root of the external SD card.

Q: I'm having trouble downloading. Can you please post a mirror?
    A: Absolutely, just let me know, and I can upload an alternate link. I understand that Dev-Host can be tempermental at times ;).

Q: Can I flash the bootloader version if I'm UNLOCKED, S-ON?
    A: No. You must be S-OFF to flash a radio through the bootloader.

Q: Any chance you could toss up a flashable (through recovery) zip that includes the PRI update?
    A: No. I was unable to locate a specific partition for the PRI, so that update will only be available for those that are S-OFF, to flash through the bootloader. NOTE: I will, however, consider adding the PRI as a separate, standalone firmware update, for those that are S-OFF.

Q: Can we install the radio without updating the software?
    A: Yes, the firmware update is independent of the software portion of the OTA update. However, it is likely that the firmware will work best with the latest software, or at least the software with which it was provided.

Q: I thought if you update your profile and pri you will lose your root?
    A: Profile & PRL are network updates that do not affect your root status. PRI is a firmware update, which also is unrelated to root.

Q: Does the file need to be renamed before loading into bootloader?
    A: Yes, remove everything after the "PJ75IMG" in the filename (except the file extension ".zip") if it appears, prior to loading into the bootloader.

Q: I just flashed the firmware update, but my software version didn't change?
    A: It's not supposed to. These are firmware updates, not software updates. The baseband and PRI versions will change when you flash firmware zips that include them. The software version will only change when you flash a ROM based on different/updated software (i.e. base ROM).

Q: I installed the full firmware update, but now I want to go back to the old PRI. How do I do that?
    A: You don't. There is no standalone flashable for the original (2.28_003) PRI.

Q: I'm on S-ON with HBOOT 1.12/1.15/1.19/2.09. How do I update my firmware/radio?
    A: You S-OFF, and then follow the method from this thread.
    Firmware zip from new 1.22.651.3 Software Update (Bootloader flashable only):

http://d-h.st/elt

Includes new Radio and PRI, and some other stuff that I'm not sure about, but none of those other things will affect root or unlock status.

Recovery-flashable for the HTCDev Unlocked folks will be uploaded later. I'll also make sure the OP is updated with proper links.
    thanks so much Captian_Throwback! u helped me out big time i though my phone was a ***ked for sure.. thank u:good:
    No problem.

On a related note, updated "full" firmware zip is back up.

Had to remove the new tp.img as it locks out the touch screen in anything but stock Sense :rolleyes:. HTC does it again.

I also pulled /system and have the beginnings of a stock rooted, but I don't have time to do anymore with that today. In fact. I'm logging off as i have too much work to do, and have wated too much time on this already.