[Q] Any news on an update to the Snapdragon Note 10.1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Ilman

May 5, 2013
Samsung has been really lazy with their updates recently. While they did manage to update the SM-P600 Note, they forgot about all other ones.
Is it really that hard to make the update, considering it already exists on the Snapdragon Note 3 and Note Pro, which have nearly identical internals?

benni_1994

Jul 8, 2012
Friedrichshafen
Is it really that hard to post it in the right section? At the moment there is nearly everyday a new thread which asks when kitkat will be available...

You have to be patient.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk

Last edited:

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
Is it really that hard to post it in the right section? At the moment there is nearly everyday a new thread which asks when kitkat will be available...

You have to be patient.

Thank you. No one knew beforehand that the Colombian Wi-Fi version would be the first to get updated nor that the U.S. would follow. So it's safe to assume no one here knows when the 3G and LTE versions are getting updated nor which regions are going to receive it in which order. You'd assume if they did they'd post it without having to be asked. And if someone did post a date they'd be attacked unless they provided some sort of proof backing up their comments. Samsung's updates don't follow any set pattern so the past won't predict the future either. More 4.4 updates will be deployed when they're deployed.

Reactions: benni_1994

GalaxyNotesTx

Jan 25, 2014
Good God ,,I have never heard so much crying about a update before in my life...Then when they install it..they will be crying again about the bugs..Lol.

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium HD app

rushless

Jan 16, 2008

You have to be patient.

And people like me that say what is the point? No apparent battery savings (perhaps opposite) and sd card write restrictions are key reasons to avoid it. SD card issue is reason enough for me.

After making a few tweaks, I am content with the device as it is. No need to rock the boat and also lose sd card write permissions.

benni_1994

Jul 8, 2012
Friedrichshafen
And people like me that say what is the point? No apparent battery savings (perhaps opposite) and sd card write restrictions are key reasons to avoid it. SD card issue is reason enough for me.

After making a few tweaks, I am content with the device as it is. No need to rock the boat and also lose sd card write permissions.

I don't quite understand why you have quoted me, I just wanted to say that people should use the search function before creating new useless (already discussed) threads.

I can understand you that you are not willing to take the update because it brings problems with it.
But the OP did not took his time to read a few threads or use the search function which should be priority no.1 before opening a thread. And this happens like everyday.

But here is the quick little research the OP should have done:
Looks Like P605 KitKat Is Almost Here
Where is Kitkat for SM-P605?
LTE version will receive 4.4?

I am going to report this thread because we all have enough device specific KitKat Update threads.

Last edited:

rushless

Jan 16, 2008
I don't quite understand why you have quoted me, I just wanted to say that people should use the search function before creating new useless (already discussed) threads.

I can understand you that you are not willing to take the update because it brings problems with it.
But the OP did not took his time to read a few threads or use the search function which should be priority no.1 before opening a thread. And this happens like everyday.

But here is the quick little research the OP should have done:
Looks Like P605 KitKat Is Almost Here
Where is Kitkat for SM-P605?
LTE version will receive 4.4?

I am going to report this thread because we all have enough device specific KitKat Update threads.

I was adding to your point. Not dinging. ;)

Divine_Madcat

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 9, 2005
USA
I am going to go ahead and close this here... other threads already covee this question, and this one seems like fighting for the most part. Everyone, please remember to search before posting, and to always act civil....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You have to be patient.

You have to be patient.

Thank you. No one knew beforehand that the Colombian Wi-Fi version would be the first to get updated nor that the U.S. would follow. So it's safe to assume no one here knows when the 3G and LTE versions are getting updated nor which regions are going to receive it in which order. You'd assume if they did they'd post it without having to be asked. And if someone did post a date they'd be attacked unless they provided some sort of proof backing up their comments. Samsung's updates don't follow any set pattern so the past won't predict the future either. More 4.4 updates will be deployed when they're deployed.