[APP] Subnet Calculator -[R]- 2011-01-24 -[V]- 1.0.0 -[U]- 2011-02-12

Search This thread

abledanger

Nov 13, 2008
Fall River, MA
Name: Subnet Calculator

Hi Everyone,

Inspired by a request from Omega Ra, I decided to get my feet wet with WP7 development and build a Subnet Calculator application.

The app itself is pretty simple. You enter an ip address, and it will calculate the Network Id, Broadcast Address, and Min/Max host addresses for the configured subnet. Changing any of the settings will update the values. Here's a bullet point list of features:

• Two Modes - switch between a classful and classless calculator by swiping left/right. The application implements Microsoft's Pivot control.
  • Flexibility - provides a selection of configuration options using the subnet mask, mask bits, subnet bits, hosts available per subnet, maximum available subnets, and the ip address.
  • Email - send your configuration to yourself quickly and easily.
  • List all subnets - for the classful calculator, you can view the list of all possible subnets.

ToDo:
  • Make the IP Address easier to edit/manipulate. I'm thinking of enlarging the TextBox once you click on it, that way you'll be able to select parts of the address easier.
  • Sexify the overall appearance

I'm open to any feedback/suggestions you all may have.

Credits/Thanks
  • I borrowed heavily from this online tool
  • Thanks to Omega Ra for the idea :)

!!!UPDATE!!!
Application is now available in the marketplace, please get it through there and comment if you want to show some support, but the xap will always remain available and updated on this thread :)

To install on your phone just rename the file from SubnetCalculator.zip to SubnetCalculator.xap

Please see the WP7 Hacking for Beginners thread for further information on how to sideload an xap.

Attachments

• SubnetCalculator.zip
    176.7 KB · Views: 462
  • Screen0.jpg
    Screen0.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 300
  • Screen1.jpg
    Screen1.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 216
  • Screen2.jpg
    Screen2.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 182
  • Screen3.jpg
    Screen3.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 163
  • Screen4.jpg
    Screen4.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 125
  • Screen5.jpg
    Screen5.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

Omega Ra

Apr 1, 2009
Metuchen, NJ
nice, it has it's own thread :) and thanks for the props ;) Looking great so far!
The only other thing I can think of that might be useful would be a button that will show you the subnet address ranges (in the advanced ip calculator I linked to once you put in the address and click the magnifying glass you will see what I mean.) Other than that this is awesome!

abledanger

Nov 13, 2008
Fall River, MA
this is the one im looking for a very long time.. :) i hope you make one for android

Thanks. I'm glad you like it. I'll see what I can do about an android port, though it'll probably function a little differently (i.e. no pivot).

nice, it has it's own thread :) and thanks for the props ;) Looking great so far!
The only other thing I can think of that might be useful would be a button that will show you the subnet address ranges (in the advanced ip calculator I linked to once you put in the address and click the magnifying glass you will see what I mean.) Other than that this is awesome!

Interesting. I'll see what I can do.

Omega Ra

Apr 1, 2009
Metuchen, NJ
Thanks. I'm glad you like it. I'll see what I can do about an android port, though it'll probably function a little differently (i.e. no pivot).

Interesting. I'll see what I can do.

cool. I hate to be a pest lol, but this will be an awesome app for sys admins and I think a lot of people will get it.

edit:did a really crappy and fast paint of a screen shot to show you what I mean. I put it in the wrong thread lol

http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=415735&d=1286569553

Last edited:

Omega Ra

Apr 1, 2009
Metuchen, NJ
just out of curiosity, how is this coming along? is it going to hit the marketplace soon? So far there are no IP calculators on there, though there is one hexidecimal one.

fiinix

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 9, 2010
Stockholm
Though i lost this app, but re-gooled it again and found it again (didn't have the phone yet, but now that i have it i thought I MUST FIND THAT APP AGAIN), thanks for sharing, really appreciate this.

abledanger

Nov 13, 2008
Fall River, MA
Thanks everyone! My app was rejected from the marketplace for failing to display the app version and technical contact information :'( So I should have an update pretty soon that amends this. I also took the chance to add a couple features and clean things up. The app now recovers state properly and you can send out an email with the configuration settings. I added an app bar that you can use to navigate between the prev/next subnets, so you no longer click on min/max host ips.

I'm working on getting a view of all available subnets in the mix as well, just have to figure out how best to display it :)

Omega Ra

Apr 1, 2009
Metuchen, NJ
awesome. so yours is the one in the market from bitconsortium? As soon as I get the Trophy (once it hits Verizon) I will get it and give it 5 stars :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Name: Subnet Calculator

Hi Everyone,

Inspired by a request from Omega Ra, I decided to get my feet wet with WP7 development and build a Subnet Calculator application.

The app itself is pretty simple. You enter an ip address, and it will calculate the Network Id, Broadcast Address, and Min/Max host addresses for the configured subnet. Changing any of the settings will update the values. Here's a bullet point list of features:

• Two Modes - switch between a classful and classless calculator by swiping left/right. The application implements Microsoft's Pivot control.
    • Flexibility - provides a selection of configuration options using the subnet mask, mask bits, subnet bits, hosts available per subnet, maximum available subnets, and the ip address.
    • Email - send your configuration to yourself quickly and easily.
    • List all subnets - for the classful calculator, you can view the list of all possible subnets.

ToDo:
    • Make the IP Address easier to edit/manipulate. I'm thinking of enlarging the TextBox once you click on it, that way you'll be able to select parts of the address easier.
    • Sexify the overall appearance

I'm open to any feedback/suggestions you all may have.

Credits/Thanks
    • I borrowed heavily from this online tool
    • Thanks to Omega Ra for the idea :)

!!!UPDATE!!!
    Application is now available in the marketplace, please get it through there and comment if you want to show some support, but the xap will always remain available and updated on this thread :)

To install on your phone just rename the file from SubnetCalculator.zip to SubnetCalculator.xap

Please see the WP7 Hacking for Beginners thread for further information on how to sideload an xap.