[MOD] [720p HW PLAYBACK] libOmxVdec.so (removal of h/w restrictions in playback)

Search This thread

jimmkind

Jun 20, 2010
Stockholm

Attachments

• 1307091625_libOmxVdec.zip
    50.7 KB · Views: 1,024
Last edited:

jimmkind

Jun 20, 2010
Stockholm
Apparently what it does is, it removes restrictions in the h/w decoding. I think the devs of cyanogenmod should look into this and integrate it into their libs.

jimmkind

Jun 20, 2010
Stockholm

I use it with cyanogenmod. So yes. Not sure with other roms but i suspect the libs are the same with sense roms.

The modified lib brings h/w hd functionality to other players aswell. Free alternatives like qqplayer. Probably other players also.

Someone should hint the devs of cyanogen to integrate the functionality into their roms. Devices that are capable. The Nexus-1 and desire.

gie62001

Jan 21, 2011
London
Google Pixel 6 Pro
hi to all,
just tried the patch and i would dare to correct the OP, well at least in my situation, 720p video playback didnt become without lag, however, now its less laggy. im using GB rom, Rcmix 2.0 with CM7r2 partition table, and class 10 16GB micro sd card (reading writing 11mb/s, reading 22 mb/s). so it has nothing to do with the card, however, as i said there much less lag now but videos are still not as smooth as i used to have on 2.2 based ROMS. but if htc release proper GB rom then maybe developers will be able to do something about it :)

suramania

Jul 6, 2011
it works..! :eek:
took quite awhile for me to get SDK adb working.. but now it works so smooth!!
either on dice player or native player!
kudos for TS :)

PS: im also on CM7 rom and kernel, S2E a2sd, and stock 2GB SD card:D

suramania

Jul 6, 2011
no idea of other roms aside from CM7, but i suggest to do nandroid backup, and then follow instruction inside the link from 1st post..

xybadog

Jul 2, 2011
Less than a metre away
@OP - Are you part of dev team for this? I ask because you seem very keen to get this integrated into CM and you seem to have a lot of technical info.

BTW, I tried it on CM7.1RC1 and find lag. The "News & Tips" page you linked to does actually state though that 720p does lag at present until possibly the next update.

jimmkind

Jun 20, 2010
Stockholm
@OP - Are you part of dev team for this? I ask because you seem very keen to get this integrated into CM and you seem to have a lot of technical info.

BTW, I tried it on CM7.1RC1 and find lag. The "News & Tips" page you linked to does actually state though that 720p does lag at present until possibly the next update.

If you manage to load the lib correctly (works in cm7, thats all i know) you should feel big difference from regular software encoding players like rockplayer etc.

Shure. there are some lags. But as i stated before. noting in comparison to software enc. based players. Very large 720 mkv may lag. But a typical 4gig 720p mkv plays well.

No. Im not in the dev team. I just been searching for a solution to play hi def mkv video. And this is by far the best solution.

What i do is every time i reflash my rom (cm nightly) i replaces the lib from first post with the one included in cm7 .zip file. /system/lib/libomxvdec.so

For testing this you must make sure diceplayer or any other player, is set to hardware encoding. Otherwise no improvement in playback.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    best 720p solution yet.

Just want to inform all desire owners of Diceplayer.
    It dosent support our phone (they say).

But it works flawless if you patch
    libOmxVdec.so
    wich is meant for the nexus-1.

Since N1 and desire share alot hardware i figured it might also work for our desire.

IT DID!!

This is my first thread or even post on xda.

LINK:
    http://diceplayer.inisoft.co.kr/news-and-tips

FLASHABLE ZIP: (Latty)
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=18424125&postcount=38
    Great find! Working flawlessly with Gingervillian/CM7 and Diceplayer, playing h.264 in an mkv container.

I threw together a nice little flashable zip that you can just flash via recovery, to avoid the hassle of adb pushing it. See attached!

:D