VipPimRingTone(9.0) An Application to assign ringtone based on Category

Search This thread

v3patel

Mar 1, 2007
This thread is copied form http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=1290332 as I believe I put that thred in wrong forum.

This is my First Application Developed
Name : VipPimRIngTone
Description :An Application to assign ringtone based on Category.
Works great on 8125/8525/8925. Let me know any enhamcement Needed.
Also from all others post below it works fine on WM5 or Wm6 with any .netcf version including 3.5

Restriction : THIS APPLICATION ONLY WORKS ON WM5.0 and LATER VERSIONS only
Require: .netcf

Few Screen Shot:

vprt_1.gif

Few Screen Shot:
vprt_1.jpg
vprt_2.jpg
vprt_3.jpg
vprt_4.jpg

Version History
-Version 1.1
-- Initial version Basic Functionality

-Version 3.9
-- Added option for ringtone folder location
-- Added Import/export Functionality
-- Few Bug fixes.
-- option to remove ring from group (to allow system global ringtone to be used) >> use Remove/Null option in ring selection

Version 4.2
- better Error logging on importing ring tone
- Support for wma ring tones
- added Some new folders

Version 4.6
- improved error logging
- Now with ring tone it export and import category as well.
- bug fixed when press cancel button in export.

Version 5.0
- Major UI changes
- Minor bug fix

Version 5.5
- Multiple Category bug fix

Version 6.1.1.0
- Added support for app2date
- Added support for to load ring tone based on XML file
-- Sample xml file File name must be VipPimRingTone.config and must located in same dire where app exists

Version 7.7.0.0
- Added command line parameter to import/export setting
e.g VipPimRingtone /importsetting [1 or 2 or 3] where 1 = ask what to do, 2 = replace if null 3 = replace withput asking
or VipPimRingTone /exportsetting . vrt file will be created in same directory where main application is with date stamp
- fixed some bugs list in this forums
- fixed "No ringtome in " bug

Version 8.1.0.0
- Quick fix for MS Active sync error
- Fix folder selection

Version 8.9.0.0
- Quick fix for MS Active sync error
- New Fix folder selection which can support ringtone in any folder. Even it Should work in non-enlish rom's

Version 9.0 ( Current)
- Quick fix for bug posted in this forum

--
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<configuration>
<VipAppSettings>
<add Category="Business" RingTone="\Windows\Ring\r1.mp3" />
<add Category="VipPimRingTone Users" RingTone="\Windows\Rings\myfav.mp3" />
<add Category="Relative" RingTone="\Windows\Rings\r2.mp3" />
</VipAppSettings>
</configuration>
-- If file does not exists then program creates one when it get started.

FAQ:

How to remove Ring tone assigned to Contacts
Code:
[LIST=1]
[*]Start VipPIMRingtone
[*]go to category tab (wait till all category populated)
[*]Select All Categories
[*]Select Remove/null/NoRingtone Option on Ring list
[*]Select proper OpTion
[*]and then click Assign Button
[/LIST]
In short set option to "Replace current Ringtone" set Ring to "Remove/null/NoRingtone" and set category to "ALL categories" to completely remove all Ringtone from all contacts.
Use it at your own risk. If you like my work then please <<Donate>>

Attachments

• VipRingTone81.CAB
    49.1 KB · Views: 1,485
  • VipPimRingTone90.cab
    61.6 KB · Views: 1,536
Last edited:

scar45

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 17, 2006
Hey man,

I grabbed your application and installed it with no problems. I understand how it works and all, but I have one minor issue/bug that would be great to fix. It involves browsing for a new ringtone. Basically, you have a drop-down folder list that won't let you manually type the path to your ringtones. When you click the "..." to browse, it only lets me browse my Storage Card.

I keep my ringtones in \\DEVICE\Application Data\Sounds which is one of the default spots that Windows looks for ringtones. Unfortunately, I cannot browse to that directory within your app, or tell it to look in that dir. I tried everything, but couldn't find a fix.

It's just the only thing that would stop me from using this program. It's great otherwise, as everything else is easy to understand and configure. I had been looking for a program to do this sort of thing (+ use random ringtones for any incoming call, but I'm not even sure if that's possible, as there are no other apps that do it), and yours definitely works for me.

Thanks a lot for coding it up! Looking forward to a fix anytime you get around to it!

v3patel

Mar 1, 2007
Added new Version

Version 4.2
- better Error looging on importing ringtone
- Support for wma ringtones
- added Some new folders

programatix

May 17, 2005
It would be great if it can remember (save) which ringtone is set for which category. This way, user can reapply the ringtones for the categories if there are new contacts and etc.

Thanks.

v3patel

Mar 1, 2007
My advice: Make a use of import and export

It would be great if it can remember (save) which ringtone is set for which category. This way, user can reapply the ringtones for the categories if there are new contacts and etc.

Thanks.
One contact can be assined multiple categories. So it is kind of Harder to set up. but export will export current ringtone that you have assigned to individual contacts and import will import those ringtone to same contact if contact exists and ring tone file exists.

programatix

May 17, 2005
One contact can be assined multiple categories. So it is kind of Harder to set up. but export will export current ringtone that you have assigned to individual contacts and import will import those ringtone to same contact if contact exists and ring tone file exists.

Well, currently I'm thinking of a simpler solution. Just let your program saves the ringtone for the category. When the user want to reapply the ringtone, he/she will just go through with the current steps required.

In another words, everything stays the same. Only that, when the user tap a category, the ringtone for that category is loaded from the setting (instead of the user browse for it). So, the user just need to tap the "Assign" button. This is very handy if a user just added a new Contact to a category... and err, like me... forgot which ringtone is used for that category.

Thanks.

prala

Dec 15, 2007
In another words, everything stays the same. Only that, when the user tap a category, the ringtone for that category is loaded from the setting (instead of the user browse for it). So, the user just need to tap the "Assign" button. This is very handy if a user just added a new Contact to a category... and err, like me... forgot which ringtone is used for that category.

Thanks.

I fully agree - this would be pretty helpfull feature, please do it!!!

ow1

Dec 17, 2007
It's a good program. I'd like to tell some problem which I cannot use it. If I set my phone regional setting to THAI, It will not work. I have to change the regional to English. This problem occure same as many program such as "Touch Commander". Can you find out how to solve this problem?
Thank You

v3patel

Mar 1, 2007
How do you change regional setting.

It's a good program. I'd like to tell some problem which I cannot use it. If I set my phone regional setting to THAI, It will not work. I have to change the regional to English. This problem occure same as many program such as "Touch Commander". Can you find out how to solve this problem?
Thank You

How do you change regional setting. I will look into this as soon as possible.
but first i need to find out how to change regional setting. I will try to find how to do it but as you have done in past it will be easy for me to ask to change regional setting.

ow1

Dec 17, 2007
I change the regional setting by go to start--settings--system---Regional setting----Region

donatello

Aug 9, 2007
Graz
I'm getting this error when pressing key for importing / reading my contact-categories :(
Unerwarteter Fehler in VipPimRingTone.exe.
Klicken Sie auf "Beenden", und starten Sie das Programm neu. Weitere Informationen zu diesem Fehler erhalten Sie, indem Sie auf "Details" klicken.

Datei- oder Assemblyname 'Microsoft.WindowsMobile.PocketOutlook, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35' bzw. eine Abhängigkeit davon wurde nicht gefunden.

detailscreen:
VipPimRingTone.exe
TypeLoadException
Datei- oder Assemblyname 'Microsoft.WindowsMobile.PocketOutlook, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35' bzw. eine Abhängigkeit davon wurde nicht gefunden.

bei
VipPimRingTone.FrmMain.menuItem4_Click(Objekt sender, EventArgs e)
bei
System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
bei
System.Windows.Forms.Menu.ProcessMenuProc(Control ctlThis, WM wm, Int32 wParam, Int32 lParam)
bei
System.Windows.Forms.Form.WnProc(WM wm, Int32 wParam, Int32 lParam)
bei
System.Windows.Forms.Control._InternalWnProc(WM wm, Int32 wParam, Int32 lParam)
bei
Microsoft.AGL.Forms.EVL.EnterMainLoop (IntPtr hwnMain)
bei
System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form fm)
bei VipPimRingTone.Program.Main()

rom is K's WM6.0 FINAL Lite WWE

v3patel

Mar 1, 2007
I will look into this

I'm getting this error when pressing key for rom is K's WM6.0 FINAL Lite WWE

Lately I am not getting enough time revisit the code but I will look into this as soon as I will get time. Also not have repoted this issue so far so many your export has issue. Can you please try exporting current categories and then re-importing back if that work then then may issue in old export file.
Also want to find out your languege set for your devie, is it English or somthing else?

ronjoor

Aug 14, 2006
Hi,

Version 5.0 works very well on my Kaiser using Duttys DualTouch v4 RTM ROM.

Just one small problem. It creates 2 entries for it on the Programs list. This is easily fixed of course but I thought I would let you know.

donatello

Aug 9, 2007
Graz
Can you please try exporting current categories and then re-importing back if that work then then may issue in old export file.
Also want to find out your languege set for your devie, is it English or somthing else?
its an english rom, but with regional settings was set to german.

how is it possible to export my current categories when button's not working?

[edit]set to english, united states now, same error - cannot read contact-categories as I cannot use the export-Button

[edit2] copied rings to \Windows\Rings, set option on 'Ask What To Do', tried to 'Assign To Contact', same exception

Last edited:

david.kesl

Dec 4, 2006
Hi,

I have tried this program on Hermes with WM6 and unfortunatelly not everything works.
If I assign ring tones one by one to particular contact, everything works fine. However, when I want to assign the ring tone to whole category, I have an issue. Everything looks to be OK, categories are listed, I select a ring tone, the progress bar shows progress of the work and finish everything without any error. However, when I go to the contact it self, no ring tone is assigned!

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help.

David

v3patel

Mar 1, 2007
I think you are running into know issue

Hi,

I have tried this program on Hermes with WM6 and unfortunatelly not everything works.
If I assign ring tones one by one to particular contact, everything works fine. However, when I want to assign the ring tone to whole category, I have an issue. Everything looks to be OK, categories are listed, I select a ring tone, the progress bar shows progress of the work and finish everything without any error. However, when I go to the contact it self, no ring tone is assigned!

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help.

David
Are all of the contact in address have multiple category? if that is the case then it is know issue I have not yet have any time to fix this issue. but I will fix this as soon as Possible.