Was all in for One X, ended up with the S..

Search This thread

CB620

Jan 6, 2009
What didn't you like about the One S?

Had to cut my sim. Can't remove battery. No expandable memory, some lag nothing major. No major changes in camera, nothing software wise I can't flash now. Lastly for me it's HTC. I will he waiting on the sgs3. I'm pretty much cutting down on my devices now.

buljo

Dec 14, 2008
Norway
www.dsolutions.no
Had to cut my sim. Can't remove battery. No expandable memory, some lag nothing major. No major changes in camera, nothing software wise I can't flash now. Lastly for me it's HTC. I will he waiting on the sgs3. I'm pretty much cutting down on my devices now.

Pretty sure you will have to cut your sim on the sgs3 as well. Can't really see that as a flaw.

Micro sim is a standard. And also supplied by your carrier if asked for.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Someone09

Aug 16, 2010
[...] but it's kinda sad to go to the development forum and see half the ROM's if not less than in the One X development forum.
Honestly, that is one of the reasons why I am currently thinking about ordering both phones and returning the One (<-- see what I did there) I don´t like.
After waiting to see what Samsung is going to release about the SGS3 today, that is.

CB620

Jan 6, 2009
Pretty sure you will have to cut your sim on the sgs3 as well. Can't really see that as a flaw.

Micro sim is a standard. And also supplied by your carrier if asked for.

I see it as a flaw/con because I switch phones like boxers. And if the sgs3 requires that than I will go that route and just buy a micro sim adapter. T-Mobile won't provide me with a micro sim free of charge they call me every week to try and get me to renew my plan. I've been out of contract for 6 years if I ask for a micro sim I may wake up with a 3 year blackberry plan lol.

Nuginuk

Jan 11, 2011
yeah, seems like in my region (Indonesia), the S isn't available (yet)...

I might go for the X first, since Im running out of time *as in money need to be spent quickly*

or you reckon I should wait more?I asked my local dealer and they said there were no info on the upcoming S release :(

rousseauxy

What phone are you coming from?

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using xda premium

Coming from a Desire Z as you can see in my signature :p

Did you get the black version? If you did can you keep us posted about the MAO failure?

Got the gray one, thought it looked better :)

Ow ok, ordered mine at gsmwijzer, I still have to wait couple more days.

What are your first impressions?

Just got the box delivered at home and since my gf was more excited then me I let her open the box :rolleyes: So her first impression was "whooo it's big!" next thing she noticed was the weight, she compared it to having a bankcard in her hands (figure of speech ofcourse :p) Anyway, first good news was, she thought it was to big for her so I'm not loosing my new awsome phone :D (atm at least :p)

Now for my first impressions coming from a Desire Z, it's indeed a big phone, but I happy I didn't go for the One X as that one was really huge. The phone is light as a feather and the screen is absolutely amazing! I used to have a Galaxy S so when I got the Desire Z I was a bit disappointed about the screen, so happy to have an AMOLED again :) At first I was a bit afraid of the qHD that many had discussions about on this forum, but I must say I don't really notice it, not to say not at all, you can see it but me and my gf are going cross-eyed trying to focus on it trying to see it.

The phone itself feels nice (I got the gray one), the back feels smooth, but don't think it will slip out of my hand because of it (can't think of the thought I would :eek:) Software-wise I've only installed tiny tower so far as that was one of the programs that would be a bit laggy on my Desire Z and it's running really smooth :)

Some things I do miss atm but probably will get used to soon enough is a hardware button at the bottom to wake my phone, the fact that there is no longer a menu-button (roms out there already have that I know ;) but wan't to wait before rooting just in case)
Besides this I can't tell much more about this phone just yet, hell I have it an hour what do you expect :p

TLTR: Already love this phone so far :)

ZeppeMan

Dec 14, 2009
Just got the box delivered at home and since my gf was more excited then me I let her open the box :rolleyes: So her first impression was "whooo it's big!" next thing she noticed was the weight, she compared it to having a bankcard in her hands (figure of speech ofcourse :p) Anyway, first good news was, she thought it was to big for her so I'm not loosing my new awsome phone :D (atm at least :p)

Now for my first impressions coming from a Desire Z, it's indeed a big phone, but I happy I didn't go for the One X as that one was really huge. The phone is light as a feather and the screen is absolutely amazing! I used to have a Galaxy S so when I got the Desire Z I was a bit disappointed about the screen, so happy to have an AMOLED again :) At first I was a bit afraid of the qHD that many had discussions about on this forum, but I must say I don't really notice it, not to say not at all, you can see it but me and my gf are going cross-eyed trying to focus on it trying to see it.

The phone itself feels nice (I got the gray one), the back feels smooth, but don't think it will slip out of my hand because of it (can't think of the thought I would :eek:) Software-wise I've only installed tiny tower so far as that was one of the programs that would be a bit laggy on my Desire Z and it's running really smooth :)

Some things I do miss atm but probably will get used to soon enough is a hardware button at the bottom to wake my phone, the fact that there is no longer a menu-button (roms out there already have that I know ;) but wan't to wait before rooting just in case)
Besides this I can't tell much more about this phone just yet, hell I have it an hour what do you expect :p

I'm going to love this phone for sure :D Thx for your first thoughts.

Someone09

Aug 16, 2010
Received a One X and S yesterday and might have to revalidate some of my earlier comments.

The One X´s software is not sloppy/laggy at all. No idea what they did to the phone I was looking at in the store.
The screen still is just awesome, no doubt about that. And the speaker seems to be slightly better than the S´s one.

Still 3 negative points:
- It´s still too big for me.
- It gets really fast really hot. After just 5 minutes of normal usage it already is almost 10°C hotter than my old Desire gets after 20 minutes of really heavy usage.
- The battery drains so fast, it´s incredible. Like really really REALLY fast.

Guess I´ll be sending the X back, keep the S a little longer and wait what Samsung got ready for us next week.

arknailed7754

Dec 28, 2010
The Matrix
The only thing writes me out..is as a comparison I had it against my dhd and the screen looks smaller. Weird

Sent from my HTC One S using XDA Premium App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    just wanted to share my experience i had today.

got a call from my local dealership that the One X had arrived, as i had shown huge interest in it.. as my previous phone got molested by my car..

went to take a look on the sexy thing. and the screen blew me away, but got a little disappointed when actually holding the phone, didn't get a "premium" feel that a 800$ phone should have. sure, it has a very practical poly carbonate shell casing etc..

but i had made up my mind anyway and was going to close the deal and walk away with the X, then the salesman opened up a drawer and put the One S in my hands.. it was not put up on display as they just arrived that hour.

well, what can i say?.. it really appealed to me, the thickness, the weight, the sturdiness, the cold matte surface.. it just felt so good that i bought it without even seeing it being turned on.. silly? i guess.. but we hit it off from the first second.. :eek:

was worried about the screen as i just had a Razr, and was not so fond of the pentile screen, but this is something different.. better calibrated? who knows, it looks very nice..

i think last time i had this feeling for a phone out of the box was my first android, a htc hero.. and it have been about 8-10 android phones (even a ipone, brrrr.. that lasted 3 days i think) in between that.

hoping the community and developers will remember this phone also, when the smoke from the One X has settled.

well thats my two cents for today, good night from Norway...
    I was also looking for One X, since coming from a Galaxy Nexus it felt just as the right screen size. After playing 2 days in a row appr. 30 minutes each I walked away with One S for the following reasons.

1. Build quality is absolutely gorgeous - One S has the best look & feel of any mobile in the market today. It`s also the first ultra lightweigt phone, that does not feel cheap in my hands. The One X was a little bit too wide, so one handed operation was to tough - Galaxy Nexus was still in my comfort zone, One X just missed it. Also the build quality does not match One S, even if it`s still better then most competing devices out there.
    2. Speed - the One S is the snappiest Android device I ever tested. Everything is incredibly smooth, One X was even slower then my current Galaxy Nexus (which is certainly not really slow...).
    3. Display - even if font details can not compete with X or my GN I prefer the better blacks of the S compared to X and the better whites compared to my GN. Also this Amoled is not blueish or greenish, like S2 or GN.
    4. Sense 4.0 has finally grown up - with my old DHD I really had to throw Themes at it to use it without throwing up. Now Sense 4.0 has a fairly sopisticated and professional feel and the glossy, childish look of older versions completely disappeared.

Overall for me the One S is a real understatement phone, which would be the true flagship phone for HTC in a different universe, where size & more cores are not the only measurement for being treated as a flagship. Just compare One S to Cinderella - their mother (HTC) could try to show their sisters (One X) as the real deal to the prince (me) as long as she liked, the prince ultimately prefers the beautiful step daughter (One S) :D
    What phone are you coming from?

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using xda premium

Coming from a Desire Z as you can see in my signature :p

Did you get the black version? If you did can you keep us posted about the MAO failure?

Got the gray one, thought it looked better :)

Ow ok, ordered mine at gsmwijzer, I still have to wait couple more days.

What are your first impressions?

I can understand ppl choosing the S over the X. Been there myself. Tried the X, opted for the S. Production flaw on the S made me return it and I ended up with the black X. I'm very happy with my choice. That's my choice, some like the mother some like the daughter.

But never have I seen so much bashing of another phone (X) as in this thread. I can't really find any similar attitudes over at the X forum like in this S forum.. It's almost as some of you are angry at the X for being the big brother..

Both phones have ups and downs, both have production faults.

Seriously guys, just because you chose the S, doesn't make the X ****.. This is Apple attitude.

Nice. What would you say is better about the screen vs the Razr? Like is it less pixelated, the colors more accurate etc?

i would say that the colors are more accurate, and yes, not so pixelated as i noticed on the Razr. also not any "spots" when the screen is dark.