Controlling system volume

Search This thread

sensboston

Recognized Developer
Nov 18, 2009
Boston, MA
As far as we know, there is no documented way or API to change system-wide volume on WP8, however...
It looks like author of the Quiet Hours application found an udocumented way to do this! Probably he is using ISimpleAudioVolume interface but I really don't know...

Any thoughts?

P.S. Guys with interop-unlocked handsets: could you please install the app and download/post the executable/assembly?

Last edited:

ngame

Mar 13, 2012
Mashad
As far as we know, there is no documented way or API to change system-wide volume on WP8, however...
It looks like author of the Quiet Hours application found an udocumented way to do this! Probably he is using ISimpleAudioVolume interface but I really don't know...

Any thoughts?

P.S. Guys with interop-unlocked handsets: could you please install the app and download/post the executable/assembly?

I tried this app it didn't work for me i set time but it can't set my phone in silent mode.
I'm really interested that this app can change system volume.
I remember there was an app for fully unlocked wp7 devices to change system volume but now i can't find it.
Maybe Ativ S users with Interop Unlock and Full FS can help with this. They can get app files and upload them to check how is it possible.
I looked for decrypted xap file but i didn't find that

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

Look here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2594420
Seems like the quiet hours dev just monetized his idea..

no quiet hours dev is developer of pocket file manager

sensboston

Recognized Developer
Nov 18, 2009
Boston, MA
Look here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2594420
Seems like the quiet hours dev just monetized his idea..

Yep, looks like the void Shell_AdjustVolume(int) call is exactly what he's using... Hmm, I need to try myself!

I tried this app it didn't work for me i set time but it can't set my phone in silent mode.
Try to pin app first, and manually toggle the volume by tapping tile (you don't need to wait 30 minutes).

ngame

Mar 13, 2012
Mashad
Yep, looks like the void Shell_AdjustVolume(int) call is exactly what he's using... Hmm, I need to try myself!

Try to pin app first, and manually toggle the volume by tapping tile (you don't need to wait 30 minutes).

I tried waiting over 1 hours to be silent but didn't work .
I know Pin tile work it has no problems but working with time is better .

ultrashot

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 26, 2009
St.Petersburg
Adjusts the volume by the number of steps specified either up (positive) or down (negative).
Code:
HRESULT Shell_AdjustVolume(int numberOfSteps);

AlvinPhilemon

Oct 6, 2011
I also noticed that if you set the volume to 0, and play a WhatsApp voice message, it plays on full volume although it is set to mute. Anyone know how this is done? It would be cool to be able to use this to set important reminders

TheInterframe

Mar 5, 2013
I also noticed that if you set the volume to 0, and play a WhatsApp voice message, it plays on full volume although it is set to mute. Anyone know how this is done? It would be cool to be able to use this to set important reminders

What'sApp voice messages use the "phone call" volume (/10) instead of the normal system (/30) volume. So it doesn't matter if your system volume is muted the app will use the headset phone call volume...

Sent from my RM-820_nam_canada_200 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Frayx

reker

May 23, 2009
Shanghai
There are serveral ways can get the pointer of LoadLibraryExW. Then your xap can upload to market with any api

sensboston

Recognized Developer
Nov 18, 2009
Boston, MA
There are serveral ways can get the pointer of LoadLibraryExW. Then your xap can upload to market with any api

Could you please list your "several ways"? Thanks!

P.S. I know the only one; and AFAIK, it's very unique and tricky...

P.P.S. I already got answer on my question, and tested the "unapproved" API's via Windows Store (not published but beta)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

What'sApp voice messages use the "phone call" volume (/10) instead of the normal system (/30) volume. So it doesn't matter if your system volume is muted the app will use the headset phone call volume...

Sent from my RM-820_nam_canada_200 using Tapatalk