Tutorial: Fix Xperia C softbrick with red led and no Sony logo

• Thread starter Deleted member 3493119
  • Start date
Search This thread
Oct 10, 2015
I was installing the custom rom on my sony xperia c and it get bricked

I was installing the custom rom on my sony xperia c2305 via cwm recovery with a zip file,and this was the second time I was installing the rom and I bricked my phone. When I connect it to my pc only red light lits and my pc does not recognise it.
And I have tried everything sony pc companion, flash tool and odin everything but just only lits the red led .Please can anyone help me,I just only want to know how to lit the green light on my and then I know everything what to do.And one more thing I have also tried holding the volume + button plus the power button and everything.

iSiddharth

Jul 20, 2014
Indore
itechnolearn.wordpress.com
my sony xperia c 2305 is not turning on after cwm recovery please help me

I was installing the custom rom on my sony xperia c2305 via cwm recovery with a zip file,and this was the second time I was installing the rom and I bricked my phone. When I connect it to my pc only red light lits and my pc does not recognise it.
And I have tried everything sony pc companion, flash tool and odin everything but just only lits the red led .Please can anyone help me,I just only want to know how to lit the green light on my and then I know everything what to do.And one more thing I have also tried holding the volume + button plus the power button and everything.

Visit this thread, this will help you
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=57614511&postcount=13

Bhagirath13

Dec 7, 2015
i'm also facing this problem.
Tried everything and just red led that's all.
Can I repair it at service station?

shubh11ag

Jun 23, 2014
faced same issue today..........tried many things........and after 3-4 hours came to green light , but still pc is still not showing any connection of smartphone to it.
Then tried the same with other USB wire........and Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!!!! i got it in one try...............

Use Power + Volume Up and then connect USB to mobile to access "Red " light and after some time say 20-30 sec "Green" light will appear.

for further pm me...........always happy to help :p

Reactions: gradd

kkoolkaran

Mar 19, 2011
Bricked Xperia C2305 connects & disconnects

Im in the same scenario.. I tried all the procedures here but i failed.. I noticed that when i connect it, it disconnects after a while along with blinking of led light then reconnect again. And my PC detects it as unknown device.. I tried to install ADB driver but it also fails. Please help me.. Thanks. Sorry about my English :)

Exactly same happens with me. Neither Sony PC companion nor WMSHUA is able to carry on with driver installation. I have tried all different key combinations but all failed. It gets detected, WMSHUA starts installing drivers but after approx 10 seconds red light blinks and it gets disconnected and within a second gets connected again. However, driver installation does not proceed.

I have been searching for it's solution but have found NONE. :(

PLEASE someone help.

Suraj Gaikwad

Apr 19, 2016
xperia c bricked with red led

hello everybody m using xperia c... just giving instructions to solve xperia c bricked issue your fone dead becz you may doing custom recovery or any other customized thing so first u install sony pc companion to pc then follow steps first connect usb cable at the same time u do one thing press volume down key same time when u plug in usb cable then green light blinked then do further steps it have guide info at top it requried wifi connection for 3rd step (updation) LAN probably have less speed so it might be failed occurs during updating process so after update then finish last step on it then unplug usb nd press power key button its surely turn on...all the best !!

raveeshwadhawan

Dec 9, 2014
faridabad
Bro did your xperia c get back to work

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

Exactly same happens with me. Neither Sony PC companion nor WMSHUA is able to carry on with driver installation. I have tried all different key combinations but all failed. It gets detected, WMSHUA starts installing drivers but after approx 10 seconds red light blinks and it gets disconnected and within a second gets connected again. However, driver installation does not proceed.

I have been searching for it's solution but have found NONE. :(

PLEASE someone help.

U get any solution bro??

Suraj Gaikwad

Apr 19, 2016
ya...m done with Xperia c break issue..with sony PC companion with i given solution just see my previous msg
thanks..

Xperia C2 Red Light Of Death

Hey Guys,

So as i have done research on all the steps you have provided it seems like there are many ways that this device Xperia C2305 can be bricked in many ways . We call this the *Xperia C2 Red Light Of Death*

As i recommend you to use the original stock rom after flashing a themed rom you could have bricked your phone i will not help on that but if you havent done anything and your phone simply doesnt start that could mean it needs a JUMPSTART like if you have lost power to the device the charging wouldnt help you , the green light appears when u press pretty much all the buttons.

Step 1 : Remove the back Panel off the device
Step 2 : Hold a pin or something to press the hard reboot button
Step 3 : Connect the power cable + press the power on button + press the hard reboot

Your device should start if YOU HAVENT BRICKED IT BY FLASHING WRONG THINGS

Last edited:

kjpjkkpp@gmail.com

Jul 28, 2016
same problem here....... i flash through mobile uncle tools a recovery.img and my xperia c2305 was dead and only the sensor i can see is on and also no red light notification while charging ........ i installed pc companion and tried to software repair........ i tried to press the vol down button but nothing works....... please help me

omzool

Oct 31, 2016
SOLVED

I just try right now, and my sony C2305 softbrick phone detected by PC now,,, im going to flashing now,,, pray to me,,, hope can successed,... :D Whatsapp +6285777765545..

Priyanshu Gautam

Jan 24, 2017
My Sony xperia shows only red light or not opening. I tried to flash using wmshua and Sony companion. But my phone not detected by PC.. I installed its adb driver it shows error code 10 .. I tried every thing but nothing works tell me how can I fix... Please

---------- Post added at 08:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 AM ----------

I just try right now, and my sony C2305 softbrick phone detected by PC now,,, im going to flashing now,,, pray to me,,, hope can successed,... :D Whatsapp +6285777765545..

Plz tell me what you do I have facing problem my Sony xperia is not detected by PC I tried every thing but not worked plz tell what you do so you phone get connected...

---------- Post added at 08:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 AM ----------

ya...m done with Xperia c break issue..with sony PC companion with i given solution just see my previous msg
thanks..

My PC does not detected my Sony xperia c what should I do.. My Sony show red light while connectiong to PC or wall charger and nothing happening.. I think its dead plz help me

Oct 25, 2016
Mumbai
Have tried this on my bricked xperia c red led
Few weeks back no success
Logic

If you flash wrong recovery there is no way to boot in any mode

I can say this with 100% confident as I had spent full 3 days and tried every thing...

If u wona check goto custome mod for xperia c thred and get recovery installed
Then try this and share results

All the best
Try here guys https://xdaforums.com/sony-xperia-c/general/guide-how-to-fix-software-issues-red-t3578944

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

I have the same issue.
I organized xperia light rom for our xperia c, I flashed it from custom recovery. Phone is completely dead now.
There is a just red light, phone does not go into download or fastboot mode. Pc Companion, Sony Update Center, Wmshua Flashtool do not recognize the phone.
Any suggestion with that?
I don't have warranty, my last option is to pay money for technical service.
Try this procedure over here and plz hit thanks
https://xdaforums.com/sony-xperia-c/general/guide-how-to-fix-software-issues-red-t3578944

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 3493119
    Fix Xperia C Red Light brick

Are you facing that the red led on your device blinks and there is no other signs of life? Then you are in the correct thread, I faced this issue when flashing a corrupted recovery but then I found out a easy way to fix it without opening the device or sending it in to Sony.

Requirements:
    Xperia C with red light softbrick
    MicroUSB Cable
    Sony Update Service

1. The first thing you need to do is to make sure that you have downloaded Sony Update Service and have installed it onto your PC from the link above, if not, do it now.

2. Now launch Sony Update Service and select Xperia C in the list and then press Next.

3. Hold the Volume Up button and plugin microusbcable while doing so, if that doesn't work for you, hold power + volume up and plugin the microusbcable while doing. Keep holding button combination for a few seconds and wait for a green light on your phone, if it appears check on
    your PC so that it's detected.

4. Wait while the firmware is being downloaded and reinstalled on your phone and enjoy your working device!
    D
    Deleted member 3493119
    Have tried this on my bricked xperia c red led
    Few weeks back no success
    Logic

If you flash wrong recovery there is no way to boot in any mode

I can say this with 100% confident as I had spent full 3 days and tried every thing...

If u wona check goto custome mod for xperia c thred and get recovery installed
    Then try this and share results

All the best

I flashed a faulty recovery using mobileuncles and there was no signs of life other than a red led liggt, and holding power + volume up works just fine and it went into flashmode.
    this worked for me but instead of POWER+VOL UP i used POWER+VOL DOWN
    Im in the same scenario.. I tried all the procedures here but i failed.. I noticed that when i connect it, it disconnects after a while along with blinking of led light then reconnect again. And my PC detects it as unknown device.. I tried to install ADB driver but it also fails. Please help me.. Thanks. Sorry about my English :)

If you flash a different device's rom, it happens. If you replace your motherboard, it will work again.