[ROM][UPDATE 15.08.2014] TizenMod v.2.1 by Skin1980

Search This thread

Skin1980

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 25, 2009
Hi all my friends, i'm here to present the First Tizen Custom Rom for Gear 1.

f3x1qh.gif

Features:

- Based on the last NF1;
- Rooted;
- battery saver tnx to a specific script that help when u use the gear with non samsung phone;
- boot animation and shutdown animation changed with Tizen stock from emulator;
- removed camera sound;
- added Android L font (roboto light);

New in v2.0:

- added the options to install custom ringtones, alarms and alerts;
- added the options to install custom boot and shoutdown animations;
- added the option to install custom icon (only for stock apps ATM);
- added the option to install custom fonts (broken ATM... need test);
- added the option to set cpu governor ( slp ( stock), tizen_phone, ondemand_org, powersave, performance);
- added the option to set cpu max freq ( 800Mhz, 700Mhz, 600Mhz, 400Mhz);

New in v2.1:

- fix for the installation of custom ringtones, fonts etc. IMPORTANT: Audio and Fonts file names don't have to contain space or special char. For audio Mp3s work fine.

Installation:

To install this you have first to update the gear to the last NF1 FW:

1- Reboot gear in download mode;
2- Download Odin 3.09
3- in AP field select the ROM file;
4- Press start and wait till finish..

HOWTO:

In order to use all the customization options you need to use sdb:

1- enable USB debug in the watch settings;
2- connect the watch to the PC and open a shell
3- navigate to the folder where u put the sdb binary and then:

Code:
sdb root on
Code:
sdb shell

...now you are in the gear shell, so:

setup folders with:
Code:
setup-folder.sh
...this script create some folders on your gear mass-memory, accessible from windows or linux, just copy your ringtones, alarms, alerts, fonts into the relative folders.

- The custom boot and shutdown animations must be copy into the root and must be renamed to poweron.edj and poweroff.edj
- The icons must be renamed like the ones u find in the simple theme attached at this post ( take care of the size);

...then do these commands to install your stuff:
Code:
install-ringtones.sh
Code:
install-alarms.sh
Code:
install-alert.sh
Code:
install-shutdownanimation.sh
Code:
install-bootanimation.sh
Code:
install-theme.sh
Code:
install-fonts.sh

To adjust the cpu max freq and governor:
Code:
set-cpu-governor
Code:
set-cpu-maxfreq

.. a textual menu will be showed, select a number and press enter. The settings will stick over reboot.

Suggest are welcome.

Old Version Download:

- v1.0 HERE

This ROM doesn't include a kernel!

Credits mpogr for the battery script.

If you like my works you can buy me a beer

Attachments

• theme.rar
    645.3 KB · Views: 2,690
Last edited:

wiccan-two

Sep 2, 2007
Swansea
Valve SteamDeck
Other than themeing what other features are you planning?
What kind of control do we have over the device, can we mod the kernel and enable oc/uv, etc?
Could we finally extend the camera record time with full resolution?
Or are we limited to changes that can already be made with stock Rom and root?

This seems like a good start and I would be glad to see custom Tizen roms with added features.

Sent from my SM-G900I using XDA Free mobile app

Skin1980

Nov 25, 2009
Other than themeing what other features are you planning?
What kind of control do we have over the device, can we mod the kernel and enable oc/uv, etc?
Could we finally extend the camera record time with full resolution?
Or are we limited to changes that can already be made with stock Rom and root?

This seems like a good start and I would be glad to see custom Tizen roms with added features.

Sent from my SM-G900I using XDA Free mobile app

Basically all the custom ROM based on stock firmware don't have anything more that you can do also with only root.

Said this, we can have a custom kernel also if I personally don't feel the need of over clock or undervolting. This doesn't mean that this will never be done.

BTW you gave me nice suggestion and I thank you for this :)

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Free mobile app

Ducter

Jan 10, 2009
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Basically since swapping over to the g3 I have been running tinzen. Love to see a better then stock rom for it. Will keep an eye on this, thanks again.

Ducter

Jan 10, 2009
Google Pixel 8 Pro

Not going to jump way off topic here, but..well, maybe a bit. Have you been happy with your G3? Mine is sluggish it seems. Mainly in the menus, draw and keyboard at times just stops for a good 5-10 seconds before I see the rest of my text I entered show up. Been contemplating returning it to t-mobile before my 14 days runs out. I tried it stock for a couple days, then tried both custom ROMs that are available for it all with the same results. Pretty sure it will be fixed with updates but when is my concern.

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

Downloading your build now, will give it a whirl. Good thing for me is I dont have much on my gear so its not a pia to just try something out :)

Skin1980

Nov 25, 2009
Not going to jump way off topic here, but..well, maybe a bit. Have you been happy with your G3? Mine is sluggish it seems. Mainly in the menus, draw and keyboard at times just stops for a good 5-10 seconds before I see the rest of my text I entered show up. Been contemplating returning it to t-mobile before my 14 days runs out. I tried it stock for a couple days, then tried both custom ROMs that are available for it all with the same results. Pretty sure it will be fixed with updates but when is my concern.

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

Downloading your build now, will give it a whirl. Good thing for me is I dont have much on my gear so its not a pia to just try something out :)

Mine is updated to 10g and goes quite well. I put animation scale to 0.5x and installed nova launcher. Stock keyboard don't work well, at least with the prediction, so i use android L keyboard.

varun.gid

Jun 18, 2008
Dubai

I have rooted my G3 and using SphinX ROM. It's a lot less laggy than Stock. I think we just need to wait for bootloader unlock and we will ave developers jumping in with ROMs.

dodgebizkit

Hi all my friends, i'm here to present the First Tizen Custom Rom.

28swild.png

Remember that this is only the first version and many other will come in the future

Features:

- Based on the last XXUCNF1;
- Rooted;
- battery saver tnx to a specific script that help when u use the gear with non samsung phone;
- removed camera sound;
- ...next days will be themed...

f3x1qh.gif

Installation:

To install this you have first to update the gear to the last tizen FW:

2- Download Odin 3.09

DOWNLOAD

Suggest are welcome.

Brilliant, thanks! I will be trying this!

Does it have the keyboard mod to send sms like the android version has?

Cheers

Ducter

Jan 10, 2009
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Is this custom ROM compatible with note 3 n9005 on cyanogenmod 11?

I run tizen on a g3, same as Skin1980 and I have almost everything working on the gear. I imagine it would be the same with you running cm vs tw. I prefer aosp builds but unfortunately they are not available yet for the g3 so I can't be of assistance with that for certain.

wesleyrpg

Dec 3, 2004
Melbourne
can't wait to try this ROM, although i already get great battery life with Tizen and the Oneplus One.

Maybe we can have a longer video recording time??

noellenchris

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Moderator
May 11, 2007
Marlton, NJ
Great work! Now we need a "Galaxy Gear Tizen Development" sub forum to start. I did send lilstevie (kernel dev from Android) a link to your thread as I'm hoping he is interested in deving up a kernel....fingers crossed. I'm also downloading and if you don't mind, i'm going to pick through the rom sort of like a base I guess. I'm still figuring out Tizen and appreciate what you shared. Thanks again. Looking forward to loading up new versions...:p

Chris

Reactions: jds3118

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all my friends, i'm here to present the First Tizen Custom Rom for Gear 1.

f3x1qh.gif

Features:

- Based on the last NF1;
    - Rooted;
    - removed camera sound;

New in v2.0:

- added the options to install custom ringtones, alarms and alerts;
    - added the options to install custom boot and shoutdown animations;
    - added the option to install custom icon (only for stock apps ATM);
    - added the option to install custom fonts (broken ATM... need test);
    - added the option to set cpu governor ( slp ( stock), tizen_phone, ondemand_org, powersave, performance);
    - added the option to set cpu max freq ( 800Mhz, 700Mhz, 600Mhz, 400Mhz);

New in v2.1:

- fix for the installation of custom ringtones, fonts etc. IMPORTANT: Audio and Fonts file names don't have to contain space or special char. For audio Mp3s work fine.

Installation:

To install this you have first to update the gear to the last NF1 FW:

2- Download Odin 3.09

HOWTO:

In order to use all the customization options you need to use sdb:

1- enable USB debug in the watch settings;
    2- connect the watch to the PC and open a shell
    3- navigate to the folder where u put the sdb binary and then:

Code:
    sdb root on
    Code:
    sdb shell

...now you are in the gear shell, so:

setup folders with:
    Code:
    setup-folder.sh
    ...this script create some folders on your gear mass-memory, accessible from windows or linux, just copy your ringtones, alarms, alerts, fonts into the relative folders.

- The custom boot and shutdown animations must be copy into the root and must be renamed to poweron.edj and poweroff.edj
    - The icons must be renamed like the ones u find in the simple theme attached at this post ( take care of the size);

...then do these commands to install your stuff:
    Code:
    install-ringtones.sh
    Code:
    install-alarms.sh
    Code:
    install-alert.sh
    Code:
    install-shutdownanimation.sh
    Code:
    install-bootanimation.sh
    Code:
    install-theme.sh
    Code:
    install-fonts.sh

To adjust the cpu max freq and governor:
    Code:
    set-cpu-governor
    Code:
    set-cpu-maxfreq

.. a textual menu will be showed, select a number and press enter. The settings will stick over reboot.

Suggest are welcome.

Old Version Download:

- v1.0 HERE

This ROM doesn't include a kernel!

If you like my works you can buy me a beer
    Hello, Thank you for this Rom, it's very stable and low battery consummation !

But when install Ringtones or Notification in my Gear (OGG Format or MP3 Format) the sound appear in the selection menu but the sound are mute !!!

Other format or manipulation for the ringtones/Notifications ???

Thanx

After 2 hour spent on this i finally understood why fonts and sound are not working.....

In the next version all will be fixed!

....DAMN TIZEN! But at least now i know something more.
    version 2.0 is on the go...

support for custom icon pack, custom ringtones, alarms and.... cpu freq and governor settings

see u tomorrow :)
    Good job, subbed and watching closely

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Tnx... i'm working on this.
    Modded theme of Icons

i have colorized the icons of the theme of first post.

i hope like that.

thanks.
    Bye.

View attachment 2894353