What are the xda titles and how do you earn them?

Search This thread

eggydrums

Dec 13, 2010
Hoping someone could answer me a question ive had since i joined xda. Ive seen recognized dev, recognized contributer, elite recognized dev, forum mod. What other tittles are given? And how do you earn them?

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk 2

mikef

Retired Senior Moderator
Reactions: eggydrums

juzz86

Retired Senior Moderator
I'll sum it up for you (or try, anyway!) :p

There are Junior Members, Members, Senior Members first. These make up the vast majority of XDAs userbase.

Recognised Contributors are nominated by other users and/or Mods/Developers. They are recognised for their contributions which are not specifically Development, such as detailed guides, one-click utilities and other tools/mods.

Recognised Themers are also nominated by users/Mods/Developers, for their work themeing custom ROMs and providing standalone themes for flashing.

Recognised Developers are nominated and approved by the Developer Committee, for their work in Development whether it be ROMs, Root methods, bootloader unlocks etc.

Elite Recognised Developers are again assessed by the Developer Committee, and are deemed to have gone above-and-beyond in providing knowledge/hacks/tools/apps/ROMs for the XDA community.

Forum Moderators are appointed by the Moderator Committee, after submitting an application (see the 'sticky' at the top of this forum - currently applications are not open). They are the first-line of keeping the forums tidy, friendly and orderly.

Senior Moderators are the next step up the ladder, providing site-wide support for Forum Mods and looking after the nitty-gritty issues, as well as areas of XDA not policed by FSMs, such as the Marketplace.

Administrators are next. There are several Admins - each look after a specific part of XDA such as the Portal, the Members and the User Experience of XDA as a whole.

At the top is Mike Channon, who is overall Forum Administrator.

Other titles you may come across:

Moderator Committee - sits on the Mod Committee
Developer Committee - as above, but for Developer Committee
XDA Newswriter - publishes articles for the Portal (front page)
Retired xxxx - have since officially 'left' their XDA position

Hopefully that clears most of them up for you :)

Contrary to what a lot of people expect, the thanks-meter does not figure at all in determining a users tag.

Last edited:

Nate2

Dec 11, 2010

The-Hulk

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 9, 2012
Warrington

There are Junior Members, Members, Senior Members first. These make up the vast majority of XDAs userbase.

Recognised Contributors are nominated by other users and/or Mods/Developers. They are recognised for their contributions which are not specifically Development, such as detailed guides, one-click utilities and other tools/mods.

Recognised Themers are also nominated by users/Mods/Developers, for their work themeing custom ROMs and providing standalone themes for flashing.

Recognised Developers are nominated and approved by the Developer Committee, for their work in Development whether it be ROMs, Root methods, bootloader unlocks etc.

Elite Recognised Developers are again assessed by the Developer Committee, and are deemed to have gone above-and-beyond in providing knowledge/hacks/tools/apps/ROMs for the XDA community.

Forum Moderators are appointed by the Moderator Committee, after submitting an application (see the 'sticky' at the top of this forum - currently applications are not open). They are the first-line of keeping the forums tidy, friendly and orderly.

Senior Moderators are the next step up the ladder, providing site-wide support for Forum Mods and looking after the nitty-gritty issues, as well as areas of XDA not policed by FSMs, such as the Marketplace.

Administrators are next. There are several Admins - each look after a specific part of XDA such as the Portal, the Members and the User Experience of XDA as a whole.

Contrary to what a lot of people expect, the thanks-meter does not figure at all in determining a users tag.
This is perfect can i add this post to my sticky

Andy2502

May 21, 2012
With many helpful comments and many thanks from other users

Sent from my HTC One S using XDA Premium

eggydrums

Dec 13, 2010
Thanks for clarification guys mods feel free to close if needed :D

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

TomiLynch

Jan 31, 2017
Google Nexus 5
OnePlus 3

(...)
Thanks for the explanation. What is the difference between these general user titles?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Can I get Recognized Contributer plz...I think I am worthy because I beta test a rom by Ananjaser1211
    Please check "How to apply to become a Recognized Contributor/Themer on XDA"!
    Read more here. xda-recognized-developer-program-expansion/

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

To become a mod you have to apply. There is a committee that bestows the recognized developer title.

Can one slip some bucks under the table to get these titles, like politicians do?

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk
    I would assume you get the title of "Forum mod" when you become one. As well as a recognized dev when you publish something that requires development
    Read more here. xda-recognized-developer-program-expansion/

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

I would assume you get the title of "Forum mod" when you become one. As well as a recognized dev when you publish something that requires development

To become a mod you have to apply. There is a committee that bestows the recognized developer title.