MX Home Launcher

Search This thread

Custodian

Feb 27, 2011
I have been using this incredible launcher in conjunction with rocko rom and jokers stable 1.4 gpu oc kernel. I can say that this launcher is amazing!!! Give it a try.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.neomtel.mxhome
Sent from my MB855 using XDA App

Last edited:
Reactions: dsims7_2000

dsims7_2000

Apr 6, 2009
Virginia, USA
I'm kinda feeling it, give me a day or 2!

EDIT: One of the fastest launchers I have ever worked with? The Notification light is not coming on with new e-mail's and text?

EDIT 2: I'm really, really, really digging this launcher. out of the 5 or so I have used in just as many years, speedier than all of them. I love the Gyro effect on the clock screen. Thanks Again!!

Last edited:

Custodian

Feb 27, 2011
I'm kinda feeling it, give me a day or 2!

EDIT: One of the fastest launchers I have ever worked with? The Notification light is not coming on with new e-mail's and text?

EDIT 2: I'm really, really, really digging this launcher. out of the 5 or so I have used in just as many years, speedier than all of them. I love the Gyro effect on the clock screen. Thanks Again!!

Hehe np..it is like an updated laucher pro to me...

Also what rom are you using? All my notifications are working as per normal on rocko 1.1.1

dsims7_2000

Apr 6, 2009
Virginia, USA
Hey all, you do know that the center of the automated clock on home screen comes off to reveal other apps you can change at 3:00? Just hold do the 10 next to the 3:00 and the top flys off the the left!

Custodian

Feb 27, 2011
This launcher is absolutely the truth. To bad ics is bored right now.

dsims7_2000

Apr 6, 2009
Virginia, USA
Funny, I have been waiting ALL night to post here. I was in love with the MX, dont know what happen. Last night, the last 2 screens over lapped each other. I deleted and recreated and put everything back. simple reboot later, its jacked again. I was drinking and too tired to put it back!

MadFlava

Jul 5, 2008
I wish there were more themes for this launcher and the ones that are out there didnt cost money. I think this is a great launcher but im not real keen on the theme.

Reactions: the12nv

MadFlava

Jul 5, 2008
Where? I only see a few and almost all of them are paid skins.

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium

dragontology

Dec 29, 2010
North Carolina
There are more themes in Google Play than in the built-in theme selector. Maybe that's what (s)he's seeing.

This launcher is cool, but it feels rushed in a few ways. For example, why can't I configure:
  • Where the MX (Cover screen?) button goes
  • Where the app drawer icon goes, or its icon (and why isn't it themed?)
  • The number of docks. I just want the one.
  • The task killer. I can already open it by long-pressing app drawer. Yet I can't move the dedicated task killer launcher (from dock 2).
  • The names and colors of the folders in the app drawer. No "Games"? And what is Lifestyle anyway?
  • The icons on the clock. Yes, I know I can change them, but to select Music, I have to have it launch the stock Blur music app? No thanks, I like the MIUI one, TYVM. Likewise with Contacts, I can't make it open Contapps. Gallery won't open QuickPic. You see where this is going.
  • The home screen indicator. I'm fine with it being there when I'm changing screens, but all the time? Not feeling it.
Other than that, it is a nice launcher. When placing icons, you get the grid from GO Launcher EX. Also from GO is the home screen configuration (press Home, this lets you add or remove home screens, or move them around). From GO and ADW it has a popup when long-pressing icons; other than being more visually impressive, it adds an Info option which takes you to its page in Settings/Applications (this is good if you want to force close the app, or maybe clear its cache, or remove its defaults).

The settings are also really bare and spread out amongst some confusing labels.

This app has a couple neat ideas. The app drawer and cover screen are nice touches, but the customization is very shallow. It feels like a beta, a work in progress. I'll keep it around because this thing is just dripping with potential.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have been using this incredible launcher in conjunction with rocko rom and jokers stable 1.4 gpu oc kernel. I can say that this launcher is amazing!!! Give it a try.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.neomtel.mxhome
    . I was drinking and too tired to put it back!

I wonder if this ^^ contributed to this v v

dsims7_2000 said:
    Last night, the last 2 screens over lapped each other. I deleted and recreated and put everything back. simple reboot later, its jacked again

:p

just sayin' hahahaha
    I wish there were more themes for this launcher and the ones that are out there didnt cost money. I think this is a great launcher but im not real keen on the theme.