rooting

Search This thread

mowpar

Feb 22, 2013
This subject is widely all over the web. I have read until I am blue in the face. I am trying to find someone, with the same question I have, so I can use that answer for my problems. But, alas, I have to have problems no one else has, or the problem is so easy to understand, and fix that I am the only one, who does not know the solution.

I have no questions about the rooting process. I have not been lucky enough to have gotten that far. My problem is with downloading files, needed later I am assuming to be back on the fire, When I try to down load the drivers and what not from xda developers, I am unable to do so. When the download process is finished, chrome will not let it load, and dismiss is the only option I have. It states that download is laden with viruses. I have tried to load 6 of the versions that are listed, with same results.

I figue if I cannot get past this little step I probably should not attemp to root.

Your help will be greatly appreaciated. Why do these root help sites, not list the exact way, to get to the downlaod needed off of xda, everyone just alludes to the area it will be but nothing specific. Is there patent issues here or what?

JimCo06

Apr 20, 2012
Do you have an anti virus program installed? If so it may be giving a false positive on the files you are trying to download and preventing them from being downloaded. You can try disabling the AV program and then see if you can download a file.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

mowpar

Feb 22, 2013
yes and no

@mowpar, did you ever get any success?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I was able to load in the links needed to root, but kindle would not connect to computer,
Power port loose and connection was not possible.. I had been able to connect to re-charge, but no luck with connecting to computer. Trashed the kindle, New kindle I do not want to risk rooting.