[Q] Using wear actionable notifications on other platforms

Search This thread

CarbonCoder91

Dec 19, 2010
I had an idea while browsing the wear forums on my PC with my phone in my pocket. I got a text message and it popped up on my computer using Pushbullet like normal. However I thought about how I have always wished there was a way to reply to text messages and other types of notifications on my laptop. The actionable notifications added in JellyBean kind of added this but there is still no way to reply to a message from your computer using your keyboard. The big thing stopping this from being a reality is that all app developers would have to support some kind of standard that would tell the phone what to do with the rely you are sending it from your computer.

Now with Android Wear, developers can add these kinds of reply actions to their apps so that they can be controlled by voice on the Android Wear device. My question for those of you more familiar with the Wear API is could an app on the PC interface with your phone over Bluetooth and basically pretend to be an Android Wear device but with its keyboard as input instead of using your voice on the Wear device? This would make it much quicker to reply to messages and maybe even some of the other Wear functionality could be implemented.

So what do you think? Could it be possible or is it more work than it is worth? Or is it not possible to tell from the current state of the Wear API? If it is possible to do and no one else decides they want to work on it I might even try, the novice programmer I am, to play around with it and see if I can get something to work.

X

x102x96x

i

I had an idea while browsing the wear forums on my PC with my phone in my pocket. I got a text message and it popped up on my computer using Pushbullet like normal. However I thought about how I have always wished there was a way to reply to text messages and other types of notifications on my laptop. The actionable notifications added in JellyBean kind of added this but there is still no way to reply to a message from your computer using your keyboard. The big thing stopping this from being a reality is that all app developers would have to support some kind of standard that would tell the phone what to do with the rely you are sending it from your computer.

Now with Android Wear, developers can add these kinds of reply actions to their apps so that they can be controlled by voice on the Android Wear device. My question for those of you more familiar with the Wear API is could an app on the PC interface with your phone over Bluetooth and basically pretend to be an Android Wear device but with its keyboard as input instead of using your voice on the Wear device? This would make it much quicker to reply to messages and maybe even some of the other Wear functionality could be implemented.

So what do you think? Could it be possible or is it more work than it is worth? Or is it not possible to tell from the current state of the Wear API? If it is possible to do and no one else decides they want to work on it I might even try, the novice programmer I am, to play around with it and see if I can get something to work.

i think AndroidWear supposed not use hardware things!
Like what happened on Google Glass and smart-watches.

and About AndroidWear, it s preview and so limited. thr s nothing to install app on AndroidWear Devices
it s just for notifications But it s possible to add action to use keyboard on android device & maybe other device like pc

if i remember correctly u can use AirdDroid to push notification to PC interface through browser and then reply.
:good: