[List] Things to scan with your NFC Phone

Search This thread

davidalben

Jun 9, 2017
Stopped?

You can scan São Paulo's Public Transportation card too (aka "Bilhete Único")

It was working with Bilhete Unico (São Paulo Metro/Bus) and BOM Card (Metropolitan São Paulo Bus / São Paulo Metro).

Since last Android OTA upgrade (Samsung Galaxy A5 2016 - Android 7.0), it stopped to read these cards.

Any setup option to take it back to work? I *use* Knox/SamsungPay, so root isn't an option.

Thank you.

Aug 21, 2016
It was working with Bilhete Unico (São Paulo Metro/Bus) and BOM Card (Metropolitan São Paulo Bus / São Paulo Metro).

Since last Android OTA upgrade (Samsung Galaxy A5 2016 - Android 7.0), it stopped to read these cards.

Any setup option to take it back to work? I *use* Knox/SamsungPay, so root isn't an option.

Thank you.

Not sure there's anything you can do about it (without root).

It's probably not reading it because of the last hack at Ponto Certo's app, so they either decided to take this option out or limit the phones/OS that can read it.

Reactions: Shonuff2471

davidalben

Jun 9, 2017
Not sure there's anything you can do about it (without root).

It's probably not reading it because of the last hack at Ponto Certo's app, so they either decided to take this option out or limit the phones/OS that can read it.

Sorry, I've forgot to mention I'm using NFC ReTag Free, not Ponto Certo's app. I use some old Bus Cards as triggers for phone actions and now it stopped to work.

Ok. There's nothing I can do.

Thank you, anyway.

dbennett428

Jul 19, 2013
New York
A couple questions...

I apologize if these have been answered, but what about MST (Magnetic Secure Transport; LoopPay Tech acquired and used by Samsung). While I know it was designed to transmit, I have read conflicting information regarding whether the tech built into new Samsung devices can read magnetic stripes as well. While I question the veracity of such claims, seeing as the card would need to be swiped directly over the sensor at a very short distance, there is a very sensitive magnetic field detector (plus the low power magnetic field detector used for gleaning cardinal direction) present in galaxy devices that I can confirm at least is able to register when a card is placed within proximity of the sensor- and since I could see Samsung placing tech to serve purpose for a built in "Square-like" payment system for possible future implementation, it makes me think that reading mag stripes may be possible too (although the tech would obviously be disabled/highly restricted with stock firmware, to prevent people from using their phone as a card stealing device. I've seen news articles stating that software modified "smart phones can read any credit card if placed against a wallet". Although we all know how the media has no idea what they're talking about when it comes to tech- so they may be referring to the ability to read NFC/contactless cards. Anyone have any info on this? Just curious.

**Question two (most important): Does anyone know how to "replay" captured cards, or custom NFC data? Does any app exist? I can read NFC cards and alter the data, then copy it back, or to other cards, but it seems the NFC will only send data when a card is detected. I want to be able to be able to copy an NFC card (more specifically the building entry card for my work which I often forget and need to wait outside for someone lol) and then use my phone to beam it into the reader. I always have my phone, so I'd never be locked out. The issue is, even though I can copy the card data to a new card with my device (it's an old Mifare system and actually unencrypted, simple code transfer), there's no way for me to get the phone to send the data when up against the scanner. I have tried a dozen apps, spent like $30 on pro versions, etc. I assume it's the same as sending the data as if transferring data to a new card, but since it doesn't recognize the sensor as a card, it won't activate NFC to send the data. I once placed a blank card between my phone and the sensor, and copied the data while quickly pulling the card, which seemed to work (although it may have been the card opening the door once it was made- I just was trying to figure out if the copy op was the same signal as a card being read (I'm assuming plus a header, but my thinking was that would be ignored by the reader.

So is there any way to get the NFC to playback data even when (for whatever reason) it doesn't detect anything to playback the data to?

IDK why the reader isn't recognized, but it isn't. But since the card is recognized, and copy ops work, I don't see why if the card data is replayed, the reader wouldn't pick it up. I just need to somehow replay it.

Also, any way to force the NFC to scan mode and log any raw data? That would be useful as well.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've noticed that a lot of people are looking for things to do with their NFC enabled phone and there isn't much information out there, so I thought I would make a list of things that you can scan. Keep in mind some will require a specific app, a pin, or come up as either "unsupported" or will be encrypted.

Credit Cards
    • American Express Blue Cards
    • Barclaycard
    • Chase Credit Cards
    • MasterCard PayPass
    • Visa payWave Cards
    ID
    • Bournemouth University Student ID
    • New York State Enhanced Drivers Licence
    • Stenden University Student ID
    • Twente University Student ID
    • UK Press ID Card (Police Issued ID Cards for UK Media)
    • Uppsala University Access Card
    • US Military/ DoD CAC Identification Cards
    Passports
    • Austrian Passports
    • Brazilian Passports (Issued After January 2012)
    • Bulgarian Passports
    • Croatian Passports
    • Dutch Passports
    • German Passports
    • Greek Passports
    • Italian Passports
    • Polish Passports
    • Romanian Passports
    • Swedish Passports
    • UK Passports
    • US Passports (Pin Required)
    Public Transit
    • Bip! Chilean Public Transport Card
    • Boston MBTA Charliecard
    • Bournemouth University Bus Card
    • Breeze card
    • Brescia Omnibus Card
    • Chennai (India) MRTS Railway Smart Card
    • Clipper Card
    • Croatian ZET Tram Card
    • Danish Public Transport "Rejsekort" Card
    • Delhi Metro (India) Travel Token/Card
    • Dutch Transit Card "Ov-Chipkaart"
    • Finnish HSL Bus/ Train card
    • German Monthly Bus Tickets
    • Go-To Card
    • Hong Kong "Octopus"Value Cards
    • IAmsterdam City Card
    • IETT - Istanbul Public Transportation Limited Pass Cards
    • Israeli Transportation Card - Rav Kav
    • London Underground Oyster Cards
    • Melbourne Australia's Public Transport Myki Card
    • MetroQ Card
    • Mobilis Transport Card
    • Moscow Metro Ticket
    • ORCA Card
    • Pamplona Bicycle Cards
    • San Diego Compass Cards
    • Slovenian Koratur Transit Cards
    • SUBE Argentinian Public Transportation Card
    • Swedish Skånetrafikens "jojo" Card
    • Torino Bicycle Cards
    • Velopass City Bikes Card
    • Verona City Bike Sharing Card
    • Zonguldak-Kozlu Public Transportation Card
    Rewards/Members Cards
    • Circle K Polar Pop Rewards Card
    • Forwards Rewards - Gas Reward Card
    • Mcfit Membercard
    Other:
    • Edmonton Public Library Books
    • Italian Health Insurance Card
    • Les Champs Libres: Library Books in Rennes, France
    • PayPal Security Key
    • PolyLAN Lan Party Card
    • Technika 3 Card
    • Verona Library Card
    • Young Ticket Plus

If you know of anything else please post it here and I will add it to the list.

Thank you sysadmn for categorizing the information.
    How do you find nfc scanable stuff?

Sent from my GT-I5700 using Tapatalk 2

I'm guessing touching your phone to everything you suspect of being scannable.
    Just out of curiosity: if I were to create a database where everybody could read and add new tags, would you use it?

You all have done a great work already, but I was thinking of doing something more, which means adding the type of NFC tag, the location and other useful info (like keys, notes, and so on), so that everybody can look up on the database using the filters they need.

Would you like me to work on it :)?
    yes, the antenna is located within the battery. The actual NFC chip is located within the actual device it self.... that's how it works
    Formatted List

one5, here is a formatted and sorted list. You're welcome to use it in Post #1 if you'd like. I've attached the source (in vbulletin markup) to this post.

Credit Cards
    • Chase Credit Cards
    • MasterCard PayPass
    • Visa payWave Cards
    ID
    • Twente University Student ID
    • UK Press ID Card (Police Issued ID Cards for UK Media)
    • US Military/ DoD CAC Identification Cards
    Passports
    • Austrian Passport
    • Brazilian Passports (Issued After January 2012)
    • Bulgarian Passports
    • German Passport
    • Italian Passport
    • Romanian Passport
    • Swedish Passport
    • UK Passport
    • US Passport (Pin Required)
    Public Transit
    • Boston MBTA Charliecard
    • Chennai (India) MRTS Railway Smart Card
    • Danish Public Transport "Rejsekort" Card
    • Delhi Metro (India) Travel Token/Card