[APP][5.0+] Overdrop | Dark Sky & WeatherBit Forecast + Widget Pack

Search This thread

brekane

Aug 31, 2014
Vicenza
DESCRIPTION
Overdrop is a minimalistic, stylish weather app. Packed with beautiful animated illustrations, it offers the added benefit of providing a handful of practical home screen widgets.

FEATURES
• Dark AMOLED theme
• Animated weather illustrations
• Minimal and modern design
• Customizable weather notification
• Dark sky weather provider
• WeatherBit weather provider (beta only)
• 24h forecast
• 7 day forecast
• Expandable forecast, where you can find details about the entire week
• Detailed info about the current pressure, cloud cover, humidity, UV index and much more
• City manager, where you can easily manage your locations
• Android P weather widgets
• 40 Clock widgets, date widgets, and battery widgets

WHAT WILL COME NEXT?
• Adding Weatherbit, The Weather Channel and Accuweather as addictional providers
• Adding weather radar
• Adding Air Quality Index
• New themes

DOWNLOAD
Play Store links:
- Free: Overdrop Free
- Pro: Overdrop Pro

Last edited:

zeus_89

Aug 27, 2016
I liked the widgets a lot, I think this is the first weather app to have this beautiful widgets I think this is the best part off course with the clean overall design. It would also be great if you could add more weather providers, and and maybe in the future a version without adds.

brekane

Aug 31, 2014
Vicenza
I liked the widgets a lot, I think this is the first weather app to have this beautiful widgets I think this is the best part off course with the clean overall design. It would also be great if you could add more weather providers, and and maybe in the future a version without adds.

Thank you, glad you like the app! We will release a pro version without ads really soon, we are also working on a theme gallery, so you can choose what you like

Lycox

Oct 28, 2005
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Looks very promising. What I'm missing is the ability to click the widget to open the app / clock / etc. Do you plan to integrate something like that? And localisation ;)

Where do you get the weather data from? Any chance to implement hourly weather forecast in future?

brekane

Aug 31, 2014
Vicenza
Looks very promising. What I'm missing is the ability to click the widget to open the app / clock / etc. Do you plan to integrate something like that? And localisation ;)

Where do you get the weather data from? Any chance to implement hourly weather forecast in future?

Hi! Sure, we can add the option to open the clock app etc. The weather informations are provided by dark sky. What do you mean by "localisation" ? If you mean to find your position by the gps, the feature is already available, just turn on your gps and open the app

Reactions: room511

brekane

Aug 31, 2014
Vicenza
How to add widgets to home screen..?? I can't find the tutorial

It's simple. I suggest you to use a custom launcher, so you can resize the widget as you want, but you can use the widget with a normal launcher as well.
Go the homescreen long tap on a empty area then select "widgets" search for "Overdrop" and add a widget then the list will appear after that so you can choose the widget you want

G

GuestK00235

Oh my gawd! This app is gorgeous and very well made. I does not hang on my low end test device. I defenitely gonna use this as my default weather app on all my devices!

Thanks dev

brekane

Aug 31, 2014
Vicenza
Oh my gawd! This app is gorgeous and very well made. I does not hang on my low end test device. I defenitely gonna use this as my default weather app on all my devices!

Thanks dev

Glad to hear that! It's always a pleasure to know that someone appreciate your hard work :D

I have to feel this sensation with your widgets from the time of HD WIDGETS!
Many congratulations, your job is wonderful!
I'm looking forward to the next releases.

This is a great compliment, thank you very much! New widgets coming soon!

Reactions: bbsnick

Bigb12

Nov 26, 2017
Hey Brekane,

Great app my dude. Looking forward to that amoled black theme. I do have one request. You use dark as the data source, and I was wondering if you could implement the Hyperlocal data. That being the days used in the little box on the Arcus weather app. It says where the closest precipitation is, and how long it will be for before it rains within the hour forecast.

Example: light rain staring in 50 mins. See attachment.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180523-180551.png
    Screenshot_20180523-180551.png
    122.1 KB · Views: 405
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DESCRIPTION
    Overdrop is a minimalistic, stylish weather app. Packed with beautiful animated illustrations, it offers the added benefit of providing a handful of practical home screen widgets.

FEATURES
    • Dark AMOLED theme
    • Animated weather illustrations
    • Minimal and modern design
    • Customizable weather notification
    • Dark sky weather provider
    • WeatherBit weather provider (beta only)
    • 24h forecast
    • 7 day forecast
    • Expandable forecast, where you can find details about the entire week
    • Detailed info about the current pressure, cloud cover, humidity, UV index and much more
    • City manager, where you can easily manage your locations
    • Android P weather widgets
    • 40 Clock widgets, date widgets, and battery widgets

WHAT WILL COME NEXT?
    • Adding Weatherbit, The Weather Channel and Accuweather as addictional providers
    • Adding weather radar
    • Adding Air Quality Index
    • New themes

DOWNLOAD
    Play Store links:
    - Free: Overdrop Free
    - Pro: Overdrop Pro
    Deleted the app and started using today weather, multiple weather sources supported and dev responds when questions are asked.

Guess what? I don't care about the fact you uninstalled the app. Goodbye
    UPDATE v1.5.5.2

https://treetop100babynames.com/exotic-baby-names-boys

Overdrop becomes even more complete with the new weather radar!
    Yes, it took ages but, finally it is available, and I hope you will enjoy it.
    the keywords are "minimalistic" & "stylish" (quoting from the OP description), and thats what attracts me to the app..
    if i want another feature-packed (but ugly-designed) app, i would have chosen Today Weather..
    do not turn this app into a bloated beast.. keep focusing on your intended keywords..

my two cents..
    I was referring to the widget at the bottom right of your post in page 1. The widget says "Today is Friday". Reattached below. None of the weather and clock apps I know need to mention that it's for "today". But your widget explicitly reminds the user that TODAY is Friday. Which gives the impression that this widget may possibly display a date other than today.

As you have clarified that the widget always display the current date. Maybe the word "today is" could be removed and leave room to display more useful info.

I have been doing widgets for years, I created some popular widget packs for zooper and kwgt called Trident. And no one complained about something like and in these packs there are a lot widgets that says "today is [current day]". It's just a way to create a more human-like impression as suggested by iamelton.