[ROM][KERNEL] Ext4All by Skin1980 [AW 2.0]

Search This thread

Skin1980

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 25, 2009
Hi guys, my personal war against squashfs FS continue and for this I converted the new 2.0 Rom into a writeable, not-compressed and more comfortable EXT4 FS.

I also added a modded boot.img with some stuff like root, busybox, init.d etc. etc.

IMPORTANT: In the previous version i managed to optimize ROM ( removing some stuff ) in order to fit the system size. In this new version the original size is > 350mB and the only possible way I found was to resize system and cache partitions. By the way I'll not ask you to do anything, the installation script will do all by itself so flash and enjoy.

FEATURES:
- Ext4 FS ---> writeable and faster then stock compressed squashFS;
- Autoroot ( will be activated on first reboot );
- Busybox;
- init.d;
- 4 cores unlocked and managed by mpdecision, max freq 998 Mhz and ondemand governor;

DOWNLOAD

Last edited by a moderator:

Skin1980

Nov 25, 2009
If you factory reset the watch with the TWRP recovery installed, maybe you can enter in a recovery bootloop ( watch keeps rebooting in recovery ). If this happens flash the attached recovery_bootloop_fix.

MODS:

All Black Mod ---> settings, app drawer and other stuff in black;
thanks @Udzi for original idea and for helping me

RESTORE STOCK:

1- Download stock boot, recovery and system from here:

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=173136

2- download the attached restore_partitions.zip;
3- boot in twrp and flash the restore_partitions.zip;
4- reboot bootloader;
5-
Code:
fastboot format system
Code:
fastboot format cache
6- fastboot flash all the 3 files you have downloaded at point nr.1;
7- reboot to recovery from fastboot and factory reset

Attachments

• recovery_bootloop_fix.zip
    6 KB · Views: 1,186
  • all_black.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 754
  • restore_partitions.zip
    180.5 KB · Views: 1,365
Last edited:

Skin1980

Nov 25, 2009
works great. except after reboot, there's the chance that the connection to google play as well as google assistant can't be established.

just rebooted this night, and now either does not seem to be able to connect,
(even after doing dd command which was advised in telegram group)

I rebooted a lot of times my friend and got no issues. I think that this assistant need a lot of work on Google side.

granduke

Mar 1, 2009
To install this, would I?

(Edit: I thought this would be an IMG file not ZIP)

Will there be a IMG version?
Otherwise, would I unlock the bootloader, install TWRP, push the file over, boot into TWRP and flash normally?

Last edited:

Sebaxakerhtc

Mar 21, 2016
Thanks for your work.

FEATURES:
Thank you! It helpful for me to change DPI to 200 for perfectly using of browser, rootexplorer, etc.
BUT! Wi-Fi not work for me.
When I in the Wi-Fi settings - all fine. But when I leave settings - no connection to my network.

borelis

Sep 2, 2008
Thank you for the ROM. How long does it take for first boot so i know if something went wrong. Have been waiting at the "four color rotating" loading screen for ten minutes now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys, my personal war against squashfs FS continue and for this I converted the new 2.0 Rom into a writeable, not-compressed and more comfortable EXT4 FS.

I also added a modded boot.img with some stuff like root, busybox, init.d etc. etc.

IMPORTANT: In the previous version i managed to optimize ROM ( removing some stuff ) in order to fit the system size. In this new version the original size is > 350mB and the only possible way I found was to resize system and cache partitions. By the way I'll not ask you to do anything, the installation script will do all by itself so flash and enjoy.

FEATURES:
    - Busybox;
    - init.d;
    - 4 cores unlocked and managed by mpdecision, max freq 998 Mhz and ondemand governor;

DOWNLOAD
    If you factory reset the watch with the TWRP recovery installed, maybe you can enter in a recovery bootloop ( watch keeps rebooting in recovery ). If this happens flash the attached recovery_bootloop_fix.

MODS:

All Black Mod ---> settings, app drawer and other stuff in black;
    thanks @Udzi for original idea and for helping me

RESTORE STOCK:

1- Download stock boot, recovery and system from here:

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=173136

2- download the attached restore_partitions.zip;
    3- boot in twrp and flash the restore_partitions.zip;
    4- reboot bootloader;
    5-
    Code:
    fastboot format system
    Code:
    fastboot format cache
    6- fastboot flash all the 3 files you have downloaded at point nr.1;
    7- reboot to recovery from fastboot and factory reset
    Hi to all!
    I'm still waiting for a all_black mod with black notifications :)
    Thank you guys for your work!

Here you go

FEATURES:
    - Busybox;
    - init.d;

DOWNLOAD

Could you please do the same for the ZW2 with wear 2.0? I can provide you all the files you need. This would be soooo amazing, please :D
    Hello Skin1980 and all,

Is there a way to add features of aw 1.5 (like Answer to call + reject call with SMS, Brightness Boost, (double click to theater mode, triple click to Brightness boost)) along with the aw 2.0 by tweaking the Kernel source ? - I guess these are the most important features folks missed in AW 2.0 for LG watch Urbane!!!

If so, for any contribution in source modification in Linux kernel, I am ready to contribute for the task. (Got Some exp in tweaking Linux kernel).

Thanks,

The new sources aren't out till now. I made this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.skin1980.buttonremap where you can add any app or custom shell command to the long press.