[Dev/App/Framework] PDroid 2.0 Touchwiz port for JB OTA

Search This thread

zcink

Jun 29, 2007
Middle Earth
I probably shouldn't have, but I flashed the patch in my new Samsung Galaxy Note II. US Cellular CDMA. Odin rooted.

The flash said successful and then I installed the apk.

Open it and it says there is no patch and gives link to XDA thread. (screenshot attached.)

Oh well, seems like no harm done. It didn't break anything as far as I can tell.

8e9e7a9e.jpg

I'd love to have Pdroid working on this phone.

Just a side note. I extracted the Permissions Manager .apk from a MIUI rom (evo 3d) and it installs and works just fine. (don't use the root manager leave that up to superSU)
Its not as extensive as Pdroid but it does let you lock down all your installed apps.

Attachments

• PermissionsManager.apk
    383.8 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

slimm609

Jul 10, 2010
Pdroid doesn't see google wallet. I was just playing with it and google wallet does not show up in the list. Not sure if any other apps don't show up but GW doesn't on my phone.

regulusv7

Sep 16, 2012
I ported over all of the files into the respective jar files on the Note 2, got it booting up and now the only thing I have left is this logcat

Code:
I/BootTime(2997):  Fail Safe scanning for:/data/app/PDroid_TrevEMod.apk
E/dalvikvm(11016):  Could not find class 'android.privacy.PrivacySettingsManager', referenced from method net.digitalfeed.pdroidalternative.AppListActivity.onCreate
W/dalvikvm(11016):  VFY: unable to resolve check-cast 85 (Landroid/privacy/PrivacySettingsManager;) in Lnet/digitalfeed/pdroidalternative/AppListActivity;
I/ActivityManager(2997):  Killing proc 11016:net.digitalfeed.pdroidalternative/u0a154: force stop
E/dalvikvm(12236):  Could not find class 'android.privacy.PrivacySettingsManager', referenced from method net.digitalfeed.pdroidalternative.AppListActivity.onCreate
W/dalvikvm(12236):  VFY: unable to resolve check-cast 85 (Landroid/privacy/PrivacySettingsManager;) in Lnet/digitalfeed/pdroidalternative/AppListActivity;
D/PDroidAlternative(12236):  Executing DBInterface.DBHelper.onCreate

That happens when I open the app.

brashmadcap

May 22, 2010
Texas
I ported over all of the files into the respective jar files on the Note 2, got it booting up and now the only thing I have left is this logcat

Code:
I/BootTime(2997):  Fail Safe scanning for:/data/app/PDroid_TrevEMod.apk
E/dalvikvm(11016):  Could not find class 'android.privacy.PrivacySettingsManager', referenced from method net.digitalfeed.pdroidalternative.AppListActivity.onCreate
W/dalvikvm(11016):  VFY: unable to resolve check-cast 85 (Landroid/privacy/PrivacySettingsManager;) in Lnet/digitalfeed/pdroidalternative/AppListActivity;
I/ActivityManager(2997):  Killing proc 11016:net.digitalfeed.pdroidalternative/u0a154: force stop
E/dalvikvm(12236):  Could not find class 'android.privacy.PrivacySettingsManager', referenced from method net.digitalfeed.pdroidalternative.AppListActivity.onCreate
W/dalvikvm(12236):  VFY: unable to resolve check-cast 85 (Landroid/privacy/PrivacySettingsManager;) in Lnet/digitalfeed/pdroidalternative/AppListActivity;
D/PDroidAlternative(12236):  Executing DBInterface.DBHelper.onCreate

That happens when I open the app.

How did you port them? What was your method? Did you clear your Dalvik after you flashed/pushed your ported jars?

regulusv7

Sep 16, 2012
How did you port them? What was your method? Did you clear your Dalvik after you flashed/pushed your ported jars?

I changed each file line by line using the source and the comparison between his file and the original as a reference. De-compiled files like any other method and Recompiled. Yes I cleared Dalvik after flashing. It looks like it is trying to find one file and I don't know where that one is.

marcogtt

Mar 1, 2011
Oh my god oh my godohmygod!
Is this working on wanamlite for international i9300?

Thanks

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 con Tapatalk 2

ENDonDESIGN

Aug 11, 2012
Massachusetts
I've been getting force closes for Facebook as well, I'm also getting them for the Any.Do app.

I was running Synergy r147 - full wipe, data only restore from TWRP.

I've gone back to Synergy r125 but will re-flash r147 in you need logs.

brashmadcap

May 22, 2010
Texas
I changed each file line by line using the source and the comparison between his file and the original as a reference. De-compiled files like any other method and Recompiled. Yes I cleared Dalvik after flashing. It looks like it is trying to find one file and I don't know where that one is.

Also looking to move this to the Note II
Did you decompile in Linux or Cygwin? Like $java -jar whatever?

It kept giving me a manifest error. Do you remember the command you used? Mine is somewhere in my bash history but I'm at work and not in front of the machine I attempted it on. I'd like to get in on this and help out. Also check out windiff if you'd like to diff the files more easily.

x-y-no

Mar 27, 2011
I tried installing this on Clean Rom Lite Edition 4.5, which I hoped would work because it's basically a stripped-down stock touchwiz. But no go - I continuously get "unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped."

I did wipe cache & dalvik cache and ran fix permissions after installing.

ENDonDESIGN

Aug 11, 2012
Massachusetts
I tried installing this on Clean Rom Lite Edition 4.5, which I hoped would work because it's basically a stripped-down stock touchwiz. But no go - I continuously get "unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped."

I did wipe cache & dalvik cache and ran fix permissions after installing.

If you want to use this prebuilt into a rom - starting tonight (01Jan13 r147) Synergy builds will have this framework already ported in. You will just need to load on an APK to start blocking perms. Other rom devs I have included just the framework in post 2 - just make sure to give credit back to me/this thread- this took awhile to port over :)

As OP stated, rom devs need to include the framework in order to utilize pdroid. I don't think Clean Rom Lite supports it yet.

marcogtt

Mar 1, 2011
I tried install this via recovery on a wanamlite ROM in a international version.

Installation went fine. Boot was fine.
But when I installed the apk it just says it can't find the framework.
Phone is working with no FCS at all...but no trace of pdroid installed at all.

Any suggestion?

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 con Tapatalk 2

x-y-no

Mar 27, 2011
As OP stated, rom devs need to include the framework in order to utilize pdroid. I don't think Clean Rom Lite supports it yet.

OK, perhaps I misunderstood. I flashed the first download - "PDroid 2.0 Framework + Application Zip (Its flashable, but untested. Really meant for rom devs)." My impression was that this contains the framework changes needed to make stock touchwiz jellybean work with pdroid. CleanRom is just a stripped-down stock so I thought it might work (and yes I saw the "untested" there so I'm not overly shocked or disappointed.)

I'll give it a shot again tonight and see if I can capture anything useful in logcat.

regulusv7

Sep 16, 2012
Also looking to move this to the Note II
Did you decompile in Linux or Cygwin? Like $java -jar whatever?

It kept giving me a manifest error. Do you remember the command you used? Mine is somewhere in my bash history but I'm at work and not in front of the machine I attempted it on. I'd like to get in on this and help out. Also check out windiff if you'd like to diff the files more easily.

I used cygwin and the Note II tools. no problems decompiling or recompiling. Just getting the app to respond.

Milly7

Oct 21, 2010
Thank you TrevE. You are a very valuable dev, as you do your best to keep us protected from security flaws, and I really appreciate what you do for your team and us end users. There are very few who fill the niche/void that you do. I can tell you love what you do, in the android community, I really appreciate it.

jordcrk

Nov 30, 2010
barcelona
thanks to all of you that you're trying to make it run on note 2, I also look forward to use PDroid with note2! keep us informed about that please :D

Last edited:

brashmadcap

May 22, 2010
Texas
Thank you TrevE. You are a very valuable dev, as you do your best to keep us protected from security flaws, and I really appreciate what you do for your team and us end users. There are very few who fill the niche/void that you do. I can tell you love what you do, in the android community, I really appreciate it.

ditto

Reactions: TrevE

ylexot

Dec 8, 2010
Still having the issue with PDroid and Facebook on Synergy r169. I did a clean install of Synergy, did a clean install of Facebook, and am using PDroid_TrevEMod-122013. Whenever I change the GPS setting for FB, FB crashes. I have to purge the PDroid settings to get FB working again (even changing the setting back to the green check mark doesn't fix it).

Any ideas on how to fix it or what logs are needed to see what is happening?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks
    Thanks always have to go out first - Many thanks to Eschelon for the many hours of wiping/testing for me along with the rest of the Synergy team. I still don't have a gs3 so most of this was done blind and let me say that was a very difficult task. Of course thanks to all the original PDroid developers that made the base code available.

If you want to use this prebuilt into a rom - starting tonight (01Jan13 r147) Synergy builds will have this framework already ported in. You will just need to load on an APK to start blocking perms. Other rom devs I have included just the framework in post 2 - just make sure to give credit back to me/this thread- this took awhile to port over :)

What is it?
    PDroid is a (awesome) security framework similar to superuser but allows selective blocking of app permissions. It creates a "proxy" between the actual permissions and the PDroid framework which allow passing of different return data.
    Because of the proxy created this method is better than apps which just remove permissions from manifests because it should not cause any fcs- Apps will never know the difference. It also allows patching permissions such as location/android id/camera to return spoofed data.

PDroid is a very complex mod across many parts of framework. I have not seen a proper port of this done as of yet - We have spent much time verifying that this port of PDroid 2.0 successfully works with various permissions. See below screenshots for proof.

Framework Mods:
    The framework portion of this mod is a port of the 20121017 patch of pdroid2.0 for cyanogenmod rewritten by me to work on TW.
    The main patches are located here: https://github.com/mateor/auto-patcher/tree/master/patches/pd2.0/jellybean/cm/ I believe it is based off of CollegeDev's source from
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1923576

Downloads section below contain the modded services.jar/core.jar/framework.jar from the JellyBean OTA.

PDroid Application:
    The app I preferred and what most of our testing was done on is called PDroid Manager - This is one of the only GPL licensed PDroid apps I have seen. The original thread is up here - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1994860
    I needed to make some changes to deal with exception errors the original source was throwing. The original code is GPL'ed, my source is up in the Downloads section

If you do not want to use Pdroid Manager you can switch to the PDroid 2.0 App by installing it from original thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1923576
    **when switching apps you probably want to uninstall old one, delete /data/system/privacy.db reboot then install new app. I do not believe 2 can coexist**

Verifying PDroid Works:
    A good test app is "Network Info II" from market. You can also use my Logging Test App to test some values such as android id. Other valid tests are items such as blocking Phone from Calls and verifying you get a call error or blocking maps from location.
    The one thing we did notice was the stock camera app was not able to be blocked, but any 3rd party app that uses camera blocking will work (probably due to samsung's app using some hidden calls in framework via reflection)
    Downloads:
    PDroid 2.0 Framework + Application Zip (Its flashable, but untested. Really meant for rom devs) - http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390248398092763894
    PDroid Manager - TrevE Mod APK Only (you must have framework installed aleady to use) - http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390248398092763896
    PDroid Manager - TrevE Mod Source - http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=9390248398092763895

Screenshots:
    Screenshots of PDroid 2.0 using PDroid Manager Application (Thanks Esch)

I probably shouldn't have, but I flashed the patch in my new Samsung Galaxy Note II. US Cellular CDMA. Odin rooted.

The flash said successful and then I installed the apk.

Open it and it says there is no patch and gives link to XDA thread. (screenshot attached.)

Oh well, seems like no harm done. It didn't break anything as far as I can tell.

8e9e7a9e.jpg

I'd love to have Pdroid working on this phone.

Just a side note. I extracted the Permissions Manager .apk from a MIUI rom (evo 3d) and it installs and works just fine. (don't use the root manager leave that up to superSU)
    Its not as extensive as Pdroid but it does let you lock down all your installed apps.
    Guess this means my GTalk will finally quiet down some. ;)

Great work guys.

Z