[Q] LG G2 WiFi speed

Search This thread

yonef

Jul 28, 2006
Plovdiv
Can someone explain why my LG G2 connects at 39 mbps to wifi router N(150 mbps) ?
I have 2 other phones and tablet and they all connect to 150 mbps link speed and internet speed is realy blazing fast.
On my G2 I got around 2 MB/s MAX, usualy ~ 1 MB/s (I thought that G2 supports all kind of wifi standarts - a, b, g, n, AC ?)

P.S. router has latest firmware! No other devices has this problem.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-18-11-30-11.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-18-11-30-11.png
    187.1 KB · Views: 1,213

thackoon

Dec 11, 2010
Are you connected over 2.4 or 5 GHz? That can make a huge difference. Use 5 GHz band if possible.

Liquid5n0w

Oct 31, 2011
Toronto
Can someone explain why my LG G2 connects at 39 mbps to wifi router N(150 mbps) ?
I have 2 other phones and tablet and they all connect to 150 mbps link speed and internet speed is realy blazing fast.
On my G2 I got around 2 MB/s MAX, usualy ~ 1 MB/s (I thought that G2 supports all kind of wifi standarts - a, b, g, n, AC ?)

P.S. router has latest firmware! No other devices has this problem.

In the wifi settings choose 5gz only and see if it will connect.

yonef

Jul 28, 2006
Plovdiv
No difference at all, I've tried to use 11N only and bgn-mixed - still no difference. G2 connects to router using link 40-50 mbit and the best download speed achived is ~2 MB/s other devices ~10 MB/s
...I have another N router - same problem there..

any other suggestions ?

ars0n

Feb 14, 2012
Las Vegas
No difference at all, I've tried to use 11N only and bgn-mixed - still no difference. G2 connects to router using link 40-50 mbit and the best download speed achived is ~2 MB/s other devices ~10 MB/s
...I have another N router - same problem there..

any other suggestions ?

You realize that its 150Mbps INTERNAL. Not external. Meaning. You get 150Mbps wifi transfer between internal devices..

Not out to the internet..

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

You realize that its 150Mb INTERNAL. Not external. Meaning. You get 150Mb wifi transfer between internal devices..

So you should test moving one file from your tablet to your phone, then see the speeds.. also turn on airplane mode to ensure you are using your wifi..

yonef

Jul 28, 2006
Plovdiv
You realize that its 150Mbps INTERNAL. Not external. Meaning. You get 150Mbps wifi transfer between internal devices..

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

So you should test moving one file from your tablet to your phone, then see the speeds.. also turn on airplane mode to ensure you are using your wifi..
1) Yes I realize that. BUT the thing is that I have INTERNET download speed of ~15 MB/s AND other devices download with ~12 Mb/s

I've tested to download file from my local PC to LG phone using wireless storage and I barely get over 2 MB/s. I'm definitely using WiFi as I turned off data network.
Also, other phone tablet and PC shows Link connection speed 150 Mbps, only G2 is connecting to the routers on 39 Mbps or even lower.

very weird problem :(

ars0n

Feb 14, 2012
Las Vegas
1) Yes I realize that. BUT the thing is that I have INTERNET download speed of ~15 MB/s AND other devices download with ~12 Mb/s

I've tested to download file from my local PC to LG phone using wireless storage and I barely get over 2 MB/s. I'm definitely using WiFi as I turned off data network.
Also, other phone tablet and PC shows Link connection speed 150 Mbps, only G2 is connecting to the routers on 39 Mbps or even lower.

very weird problem :(

very weird indeed. now im gunna have to go home and test myself =D

yonef

Jul 28, 2006
Plovdiv
Can you post the results after that? Please note "link Speed" when you connect to the router (as the screenshot on first post)

yonef

Jul 28, 2006
Plovdiv
I have updated to kitkat and still same problem - max connection speed 72 mbps and max throughput 2,5 MB/s :(
tested with different settings in the router and with 4 different routers - still same problem :(

theefim

Feb 2, 2013
Maybe remove icon from battery saving in wifi will help.
Long press on wifi in notification center then menu button then advanced then untick this option and turn off wifi and on.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: yonef

yonef

Jul 28, 2006
Plovdiv
Long press on wifi in notification center then menu button then advanced then untick this option and turn off wifi and on.

Removing tha "battery saving" mode tick gets even lower speeds (max 60 mbps). When in battry saving mode WiFi conncects at 72 mbps
This is getting absolutely weird :(

theefim

Feb 2, 2013
Thats strange hmm
Dont know maybe the problem is on router side

theefim

Feb 2, 2013
I think it is problem of our router. Cause if u use only cat5 cabel for connection to your wifi Router it only can give max 100mbs. So thats i think is the problem

Krayziepop

Feb 18, 2007
Lake Orion, MI
I'm guessing it's your router. Every router I have bought in the last year has been flaky with the higher connection speeds. The current one is a Netgear R6300 and as you can see, I have no issue with advertised connection speed. I get every bit of my Internet speed from the tier I'm paying for.

D800 with 4.4.2 - stock w/root.

upygude3.jpg

783673944.png

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Reactions: yonef

yonef

Jul 28, 2006
Plovdiv
I think it is problem of our router. Cause if u use only cat5 cabel for connection to your wifi Router it only can give max 100mbs. So thats i think is the problem

This shoud not be a problem as connection to the router does not play role in WiFi connection speed, plus 100 mbps is like 12.5 MB/s which is much more than 2.5 MB/s; Plus I've got cat 6a patch cable that interconnects my router to modem and PCs so I've got 40 MB/s PC to PC speed and Tablet to PC ~ 10MB/s (same router); my tablet conection speed is 150 mbps

Only my G2 connects to router using 72 mbps speed link :( (I've tried all variations of settings - no luck)

Last edited:
Reactions: theefim

yonef

Jul 28, 2006
Plovdiv
I'm guessing it's your router. Every router I have bought in the last year has been flaky with the higher connection speeds. The current one is a Netgear R6300 and as you can see...

I also have motorola defy, SGS4, Acer iconia, chineese tablet - all connects to this router on 150 mbps apart from my G2

willtryall

Nov 8, 2011
Munich
php your phone is damaged, warranty ?
with stock rooted 4.2.2 i have a great conection with fritz box 7490

Attachments

• WLAN.jpg
    WLAN.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 597
  • speedtest.jpg
    speedtest.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 569

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I'm guessing it's your router. Every router I have bought in the last year has been flaky with the higher connection speeds. The current one is a Netgear R6300 and as you can see, I have no issue with advertised connection speed. I get every bit of my Internet speed from the tier I'm paying for.

D800 with 4.4.2 - stock w/root.

upygude3.jpg

783673944.png

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

This shoud not be a problem as connection to the router does not play role in WiFi connection speed, plus 100 mbps is like 12.5 MB/s which is much more than 2.5 MB/s; Plus I've got cat 6a patch cable that interconnects my router to modem and PCs so I've got 40 MB/s PC to PC speed and Tablet to PC ~ 10MB/s (same router); my tablet conection speed is 150 mbps

Only my G2 connects to router using 72 mbps speed link :( (I've tried all variations of settings - no luck)
    Thats what I'm talking about. 2.4 Ghz is somehow limited to 72 mbps connection speed (which results to 2.5 MB/s download speed) I use wireless storage to test speeds as I copy a large file from PC to Phone and vice versa.
    As we cleared that 2.4 Ghz Wifi N connects at max 72mpbs - Is there any way we can get rid of that limitation?! (all other Wireless N devices connects to 150mpbs link speed and achive much higher speeds)

2.4Ghz will always connect at 72Mbps. As it uses b/g on 2.4Ghz and n/ac on 5Ghz

You cannot connect at 150Mbps on 2.4Ghz using wireless n.

Even though there are wifi n routers on 2.4Ghz offering maximum 150 Mbps speed, still our G2 will connect at 72 Mbps with them.

Technology and hardware limitation unfortunately.

You will have to buy a separate ac router.